Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

Did he not end the game with 20 strait completions

Did he not start the game with a ridiculous interception and fumble the ball, both of which were completely avoidable? I mean really, it's as if the Quinn Ewers Politburo will allow no legitimate criticism.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, oh_snap said:

There is no universe in which a 12-1 Texas Big12 champs misses the CFP. They want us bad.
Today sucked, but really only thing preventing us is us.

lol at us going 12-1

any you really think a 12-1 texas gets in over and undefeated or one loss big10, sec, pac and acc champ?  that’s a laugh 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, D3zii said:

I really wish y’all would STFU about winning out, Big 12 championship, playoffs. 

The Team Texas ran out today has at least 2 more losses coming up, no pressure, couldn’t score in the red zone, turnovers and bad play calling. Getting bitched on both lines of scrimmage and getting exposed in the secondary. 

we need to worry about just beating Houston at this point. One good thing about games like this, it shows you where your holes are, not just for the players but the coaches.. On the first INT the CB wasn’t even fazed by Mitchell running pass him, he sit on that slant and picked it.  OU was very well prepared.  Sark and the coaching staff needs to be better. 

down scores to Wyoming and Rice at home.

Not having big play Sanders is the hidden reason for not cruising on offense. 

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

This of course is emotional bull shit and not true. There was a stretch at the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th where we changed our approach and it greatly affected Gabriel. It also resulted in a few batted balls. We adjusted from our soft zone and played more aggressive sending blitzers in and it literally changed the game. Then with everything on the line we reverted to thing that did not work earlier. 

Just insanely stupid to revert back to that shit at the critical moment. 

This. They scored 5 minutes into the 3rd and then didn’t put up a single point until the last TD. 

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

No other Texas QB in our history completed more passes in a row than Ewers did today. He missed on 2 of his last 27 passes with one of those being a Hail Mary….

Cool, and most were easy passes to wide open receivers and a couple of great catches by the receivers.  Now talk about the 3 turnovers, including one that could've been thrown to Worthy for a TD.  Quinn wasn't the reason we lost but let's not pretend he was great either.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don't even get mad about OU holding anymore.  They've done it and gotten away with it for so long, it's just SOP now.
What pisses me off is the one-sided way holding is called.  If Texas were to start holding against OU in retaliation, you better believe the Rig XII zebras would be all up in our shit.

Brooks had a long gain down the sideline that should have been called back. Ou guy was held and the blocker had him by the face mask too. I’m shocked it was missed.

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah. Very uncharacteristic for him.

And frankly the whole unit was bad. As somebody who has been a big fan of PK's defense all year this was a shit sandwich.

Ford was a non factor. I’m not smart enough to know if that was scheme or he was hungover or because the solar eclipse is coming 

26 minutes ago, troph said:

At least two meaningful face mask penalties not called one at the beginning INT a play or two later and the on on worthy at the goal line. 

we gave the game away but fuck Big 12 refs.

1st and goal from 2 feet away. Nothing.  Yeah.... refs sucked. But the game was there to win and Texas didn't. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

down scores to Wyoming and Rice at home.

Not having big play Sanders is the hidden reason for not cruising on offense. 

Maybe but OU’s coaching staff had them ready. You have to give props. 
the tempo to keep Texas from subbing was masterful.

The defense just played with attitude if we being honest. 
Grabriel conducted the offense beautifully. 

OU just beat us. That’s all it is. Yeah we had a chance to win this but we didn’t deserve it, and even if we did I’m sure it would have left a bad taste in our mouth 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, orangebird said:

I don't even get mad about OU holding anymore.  They've done it and gotten away with it for so long, it's just SOP now.

What pisses me off is the one-sided way holding is called.  If Texas were to start holding against OU in retaliation, you better believe the Rig XII zebras would be all up in our shit.

Yeah.  It's always been this.  Phantom holding calls vs borderline no-calls.  The problem isn't really the no-calls.

Like the way they no-called PI in the 4th on Worthy vs the bizarre call for forcing a WR OOB 30 yards away from where the ball was thrown.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I really wish y’all would STFU about winning out, Big 12 championship, playoffs. 

The Team Texas ran out today has at least 2 more losses coming up, no pressure, couldn’t score in the red zone, turnovers and bad play calling. Getting bitched on both lines of scrimmage and getting exposed in the secondary. 

we need to worry about just beating Houston at this point. One good thing about games like this, it shows you where your holes are, not just for the players but the coaches.. On the first INT the CB wasn’t even fazed by Mitchell running pass him, he sit on that slant and picked it.  OU was very well prepared.  Sark and the coaching staff needs to be better. 

well he wasn't worried about Mitchell running past him because Mitchell was supposed to get across his face but he gave up on the route.

Ultimately they just wanted it more.  We will get them in December.

You could see it the way their receivers were blocking our dbs and MItchell, Worthy and Sanders were whiffing when trying to block their dbs.  And their rbs and receivers were carrying our tacklers while ours were mostly going down.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The problem is the big 12 sucks so bad there’s no guarantee if we beat ou in the title game, we go to the playoff;

We are obviously going to fall but you are acting like we are going to be unranked after this. The pac12 is fixing to eat each other. Michigan, Ohio st, and Penn st all play each other. Right now it’s only Georgia in the sec. We will definitely be in the playoff with 1 loss and a big 12 title. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Cool, and most were easy passes to wide open receivers and a couple of great catches by the WRs.  Now talk about the 3 turnovers, including one that could've been thrown to Worthy for a TD.  Quinn wasn't the reason we lost but let's not pretend he was great either.

Lol Quinn only hit his wide open receivers what a scrub

4 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I don't think you've been watching. We may lose one but likely not and we'll come back to Dallas pissed off. We had three turnovers, lost our center and safety early, and blew a 1st and goal and still should have won. The line of scrimmage is what worries me. Were we exposed or out-coached?

6 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I don't know if we have two more losses coming up or not, but I agree with this part. Team and staff have work to do.

5 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

lol at us going 12-1

any you really think a 12-1 texas gets in over and undefeated or one loss big10, sec, pac and acc champ?  that’s a laugh 

Yes no way a one loss, avenging last second loss with a win Texas big 12 champ is passed over a one loss pac 12 or ACC. Only way Texas is left out is if there are 4 undefeateds. ACC and Pac 12 is bullshit. Big 12 with OU and Texas at the top is what the SEC usually is year in and year out, top heavy. Texas in that case will have the best one loss resume hands down. 

• Haha 1