Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

If I'm a neutral observer, my takeaway is this was an excellent football game between fierce rivals who also have very good teams. Though the higher-ranked team had more talent and was favored, the underdog made fewer mistakes (turnovers, penalties, etc.) and that was ultimately the difference.

So that neutral observer is compelled to tip his cap to the Sooners for being the better team.

However, the lifelong Longhorn in me says, "Fuck OU, those lucky fucking fucks!" and hopes for a chance to pay the Land Thieves back in spades come December.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

If I'm a neutral observer, my takeaway is this was an excellent football game between fierce rivals who also have very good teams. Though the higher-ranked team had more talent and was favored, the underdog made fewer mistakes (turnovers, penalties, etc.) and that was ultimately the difference.

So that neutral observer is compelled to tip his cap to the Sooners for being the better team.

However, the lifelong Longhorn in me says, "Fuck OU, those lucky fucking fucks!" and hopes for a chance to pay the Land Thieves back in spades come December.

This is me.  I'm mad that we made mistakes and lost, but we got the rematch.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

They called holding on Alabama that overturned a touchdown. 

When's the last time they called holding on OU against us ever? It's been like 8 years in a row we get no calls and they just obviously hold. 

Those were Big 12 Refs you goob

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

The problem is the big 12 sucks so bad there’s no guarantee if we beat ou in the title game, we go to the playoff;

Especially when blowU is going to drop a game. Unless the rig12 decides they are the chosen ones. In which case we are super fucked because we will not be allowed to win out and play ou in the last big12 championship

• Fuck You 1

It's rare to catch everything watching a game the first time. Rewatching once the full game gets posted to youtube will reveal some first emotionally driven impressions aren't really accurate usually. You have the luxury of pause and rewind. What's annoying though, is camera views often don't allow for seeing everything pertinent to the plays.

Just got back from the game and I never felt we were going to win that game until the FG went through. We didn't seem to have any advantage in the game at all today. Defense was really bad, could barely get pressure, and couldn't get the final stop we needed. The O-line was terrible. To get 4 shots on the 1 yard line and you can't push through was about as bad a series as I've seen out of a Texas OL. OU had no such issues when they needed to get into the endzone inside the 5. Ewers was not good and Sark kept leaning into him. Ewers really seems like a 50/50 player. When he's good, he's great. When he's iffy, he's not going to do enough to get it done. I don't put too much blame on Brooks today. It's hard to get yards when your OL gives up the middle on almost every play that's designed to go that direction. We've been playing with fire all year with these slow starts and not winning all 4 quarters and it finally burned us. This one is going to hurt for a while. I wish we didn't have a bye week. This team needs to respond by destroying everyone else on their schedule and getting to Arlington to avenge this shitty performance. 

I also think OU deserves a ton of credit. They played us beautifully and picked apart our defense with Gabriel. They did everything they needed to do to win as an underdog. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Just got back from the game and I never felt we were going to win that game until the FG went through. We didn't seem to have any advantage in the game at all today. Defense was really bad, could barely get pressure, and couldn't get the final stop we needed. The O-line was terrible. To get 4 shots on the 1 yard line and you can't push through was about as bad a series as I've seen out of a Texas OL. OU had no such issues when they needed to get into the endzone inside the 5. Ewers was not good and Sark kept leaning into him. Ewers really seems like a 50/50 player. When he's good, he's great. When he's iffy, he's not going to do enough to get it done. I don't put too much blame on Brooks today. It's hard to get yards when your OL gives up the middle on almost every play that's designed to go that direction. We've been playing with fire all year with these slow starts and not winning all 4 quarters and it finally burned us. This one is going to hurt for a while. I wish we didn't have a bye week. This team needs to respond by destroying everyone else on their schedule and getting to Arlington to avenge this shitty performance. 

I also think OU deserves a ton of credit. They played us beautifully and picked apart our defense with Gabriel. They did everything they needed to do to win as an underdog. 

Thank you for the man of the street reporting. Much agreements but I would like to add: fuck OU 

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Hard to disagree overall but QE played very well after the first quarter and damn well near won the game down the stretch.  He was lights out down the stretch.

losing Majors was easily the biggest loss of the day. Changed everything. See QE above.

can’t disagree on the defense or first and goal from the 1 even though the face mask wasn’t called.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Gabriel didn't flinch, plain and simple. He won the game for them as was required. Give him credit.

They said he had to play his best game. I think if not his best it was a top 3 performance!!! He definitely earned respect today

Just now, Augustus said:

Those were Big 12 Refs you goob

Lulz

The big12 officiated our game in Austin, and fucked us on that safety call. 

image.png.95d764d8283730b7f1f7642935244bab.png

Recognize this fucking dipshit? He was out there running things today. 

Here's an article describing how they fucked us. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/scott-campbell-big-12-officials-missed-calls-texas-alabama/fvzrvsl1lbxfspylsrvhwhdz

The SEC officiated the game in Tuscaloosa. 

https://texassports.com/sports/football/stats/2023/alabama/boxscore/15529

https://magazine.tcu.edu/winter-2020/matt-loeffler-jim-wacker-protege-sec-referee/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, troph said:

We had two guys sacking Gabriel on that drive and he slipped out, we had great pressure on the TD call. The fucking PI call and the mix up on motion sucked but the calls weren’t bad.

Yea, Gabriels short ass was buried in our pressure. Just a great tough throw. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

losing Majors was easily the biggest loss of the day. Changed everything. 

I've been told time and time and time again here how bad Majors is and how anyone on the roster could replace him and how unimpressive he is at C

People are really fucking dumb. Having a center with experience is incredibly important and Majors is a good one.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It is a shame you had to see it in person but yes, Sooners deserved a ton of credit, Sooners have outplayed and outcoached the Longhorns and deserved to win

• Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, NoName said:

I've been told time and time and time again here how bad Majors is and how anyone on the roster could replace him and how unimpressive he is at C

People are really fucking dumb. Having a center with experience is incredibly important and Majors is a good one.

I’d say it’s easier to lose banks or Campbell, any other OL other than center. Crushing loss of a player today.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LonghornsFan12345 said:

I thought you said there will be a pick to seal it? Just shut up with your stupid predications idiot! 

Can you trolls please come up with better usernames than LonghornsFan12345?  DefinitelyNotAnOUFan242156 probably would've been more convincing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Just now, troph said:

I’d say it’s easier to lose banks or Campbell, any other OL other than center. Crushing loss of a player today.

Agreed. It's reason number ten million why posters here who shit on Majors at every opportunity are fucking morons. Losing your C who has started like 30 games in a row hurts.

• Rage+1 1

OU is 17-8 against us in the last 25. Our best team in more than a decade and we get beat after OU has a single down year. We are fucking snakebit against that school. The streak since the Big XII title game is just fucking brutal.

image.png.6460712a92e5a918913049cc0c7f2b06.png

Sark is gonna watch film and will probably be kicking himself. 

• on 3rd and 9 you run the ball wen Quinn overall in the 2nd half was dialed in. No way you give a QB with the hot hand the ball back idc if we stopped him 5x before, if you watched that game you knew we really couldn’t stop them. Plus 1min seemed like plenty of time with the way Ou moved the ball. 

•PK overall played soft but definitely on that last drive, against a QB with a hot hand. I didn’t understand that, in order for the d-line to even try and pressure the QB we have to throw off timing. OU had a great game plan and definitely have Pk a curve ball with the QB run. Kudos to them 

• Like I’ve stated before The LOS were physically dominated by the Sooners today. Didn’t think we’d see that after the first few games, but there was definitely times the team showed it could happen. Sark has to sure this team up with the bye week. 

• Hook 'Em 5

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Ewers was good to great. This narrative is so fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck Fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckshit fucking fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck

Uh Huh Yes GIF by CBC

This is a tough one to swallow. We didn’t deserve it by any means, but our D+ performance was almost enough. We weren’t as prepared as them, we didn’t adjust quick enough, and we didn’t make the plays as often as them. That is a rough reality. They’re a good squad that’ll probably be in the title game, but they’re not dominant. Fuck it, it is what it is. Quinn showed me a lot today, if we can get healthy, we’ll be where we want to be.

Edited by CastHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

IMG_5357.thumb.jpeg.0fd7a84fdcb0451b6467e0a394622566.jpeg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Ewers was good to great. This narrative is so fucking stupid. 

Great is not a complete shit quarter.  I was pretty down on him because he's so up and down.  He did recover nicely, though.

Still, that fubar first quarter kept OU in the game and I think if we had been able to stomp on them earlier, it would not have had the same outcome.  

OU is probably better than we gave them credit for.  They're also probably not going to play this well again until the end of the season.  Rivalry game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, D3zii said:

It’s just one lost, though we good 

Who wanted to go undefeated anyway

IMG_2375.thumb.jpeg.46cbe6361d2f70943139171b86aecadc.jpeg

Nobody is happy you autist. We can be fucking pissed and acknowledge that everything else we want to do this year besides beating OU in the cotton bowl today is on the table. 

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Nobody is happy you autist. We can be fucking pissed and acknowledge that everything else we want to do this year besides beating OU in the cotton bowl today is on the table. 

You totally missed the joke. SMH 

good day sir 

Just now, Bevo&Pevo said:

Needs one more stat.  They had 12 possessions and we had 11.  

Modern era football. One score game late you better be the one with the ball last. Sark better learn that now and never make that mistake again.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Going with the jumbo package on three consecutive plays was completely moronic. Fine, run it once as a change of pace, but Sark completely took us out of our normal offense on those plays. You can’t have two guys on the field that don’t normally play on that side of the ball in such a crucial moment of the game.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 3