Don’t fuck around, go win the Big 12

troph

4 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

From my understanding (assuming OU beats WVU)

It would come down to whoever 4th place is. This is a moot point tho because WVU is not losing just one game to 0u. I’m not sure 0u is running the table tbh

Who is 4th meaning which second place beat the 4th place? 

2 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Hey sunshine pumpers, go ahead and get your championship tickets.

https://seatgeek.com/big-12-football-championship-tickets/ncaa-football/2023-12-02-11-am/6107684

Don't forget to post what seats you bought.

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

I’ve never bought a post season ticket until it was guaranteed, 2005 and 2009 included. 

Edited by troph

3 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Hey sunshine pumpers, go ahead and get your championship tickets.

https://seatgeek.com/big-12-football-championship-tickets/ncaa-football/2023-12-02-11-am/6107684

Don't forget to post what seats you bought.

Wrong link.

https://seatgeek.com/alamo-bowl-tickets/ncaa-football/2023-12-28-8-15-pm/6039123

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

To me, the only threat for ou is when they play @BYU.

Other than that, we need to win out to meet them in Jerrydome.

That’s actually what we want it makes us the strongest one loss team when we win (in addition to conference champs on the way out the door).

2 hours ago, troph said:

Fuck OU.

we gave that game to them.

It used to be the Cotton Bowl was the biggest game of the year.

take care of business and beat OU for the big 12 championship - oddly against our instincts that’s the bigger game of the year. It’s still ours to take.

No way a one loss Texas Big 12 champion is kept out of the playoffs with a win at Bama and a revenge win over OU.

Goals still in sight.  

fuck OU. Man up. 

Hot damn, finally, thank you Troph, hit the nail on the head. 

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Yep. Destroy everyone else in front of you and then get these fuckers back in the rematch. The playoff was never my goal for this season. It was always to win the final Big 12. Win it and see what happens. We already have a damn fine win on the road against Bama. 

• Hook 'Em 9

So what we know… now that aggy did what aggy did.

Texas beat a top 10 team on the road convincingly and lost by one play to a top 10 team on a neutral field. 

Texas is a top 10 team and controls its destiny. 

the sky is not falling.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

If OU and Texas go undefeated, and Texas beats OU in the CCG, I don’t think it’s a given that we jump them into the playoff.  So, it would be nice to see OU trip on their dicks at some point. That’s somewhat doubtful with the joke of the schedule they were gifted this year. 

Edited by cabowabo

1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

If OU and Texas go undefeated, and Texas beats OU in the CCG, I don’t think it’s a given that we jump them into the playoff.  So, it would be nice to see OU trip on their dicks at some point. That’s somewhat doubtful with the joke of the schedule they were gifted this year. 

Given how close today's game was and that the championship game would better reflect where the teams stand at the end of the season.... I'd take it as a given

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

I mean we lost in last 15 secs of this game after playing poorly. That would be like saying OU doesn't jump us after this game.

We would 100% jump them if both win out

• Like 1

Forget about the playoffs. If things worked out to get us back in that race, lovely.

All I am concerned about is winning the Big 12, and preventing OU from winning it yet again. It’s still on the table but our margin for error just shrunk by a lot.

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, F250 said:

Today, Texas lost to a Team that beat Texas. We should either stay at #3 or drop to #4 at the worst. Quality loss.

I bet OU is 5 behind FSU. Texas is 9 and Bama is 10.  Too many P5 undefeateds still.  But at least 3-4 will lose due to process of elimination (playing each other etc). So keep winning late season Texas is 5-6 at worst.

Beat OU in the Big 12 championship and tOSU and Michigan eliminate each other and Texas is 3-4. Both USC and FSU going undefeated - along with UGA and Big 10 champ - is the wild card. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Probably in the minority on this, but think @ ISU in November will be the toughest remaining place.  

Possibly true but if that’s the toughest remaining game that just shows Texas should and needs to roll the next 2 months. Play angry and fuck everyone up.

Edited by troph

50 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Unfortunately quality losses don't factor in until we're in the SEC. Next year.....

We lose to OU in October by one play and then beat them in Arlington in December? Yeah that’s a quality loss. Probably will be the best quality loss of all one loss teams. 

gotta run the table and need to do it with anger, vitriol and malice aforethought. 

• Like 1