Don’t fuck around, go win the Big 12

troph

10 minutes ago, troph said:

Fuck OU.

we gave that game to them.

It used to be the Cotton Bowl was the biggest game of the year.

take care of business and beat OU for the big 12 championship - oddly against our instincts that’s the bigger game of the year. It’s still ours to take.

No way a one loss Texas Big 12 champion is kept out of the playoffs with a win at Bama and a revenge win over OU.

Goals still in sight.  

fuck OU. Man up. 

puff puff pass weed GIF by WeedFeed

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I don't necessarily agree with your playoff assessment -- will depend on how many things shake out... but definitely on board with the overall message. Go murder those fuckers in Arlington and see where we land

UGA

tOSU / Michigan 

FSU

pac 12 / Big 12

with plenty of room for error for FSU / pac 12 and if this happens absolutely no doubt Texas would be the best 1 loss team - loss early and avenged their loss late and a conference champion.  

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Yep.

There is no reason we can't win the next 6, then win a rematch against ou.  We didn't exactly get our asses handed to us by a better team today.  We just made way too many mistakes.  Clean it up, and win out, including the rematch.

We were 0-3 on turnovers and had the lead with 1:22. We had his ass sacked in that drive. A few penalties that weren’t called. That game was a hairline of difference and OU played great, Texas made mistakes. There is nothing about this that feels good but fuck yeah in a rematch I’ll bet $1000 on Texas and I ain’t a gambler.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

UGA

tOSU / Michigan 

FSU

pac 12 / Big 12

with plenty of room for error for FSU / pac 12 and if this happens absolutely no doubt Texas would be the best 1 loss team - loss early and avenged their loss.  

Notre Dame is somewhere in this mix. And will have a stronger schedule than Texas. 

I don't think it's as clean a path as you do

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Notre Dame is somewhere in this mix. And will have a stronger schedule than Texas. 

I don't think it's as clean a path as you do

Well if we end up with 8 undefeateds yeah. Chances of 4 undefeateds is highly unlikely.  If the pac 12 and ACC champs are one loss they are out.  Big 10 will likely have just lost and then won again. ND is in the mix but I’m not convinced they run the table. Conceivably a 1 loss Texas big 12 champ can be left out but Jesus then we don’t have the clout we think we do.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Dude, just stop already.  This is a soft, underachieving country club program for all time. If you want to watch this team in the postseason, start planning for San Antonio.

What he said. We beat a senile old coach that aggy will probably beat by a larger margin that we did. That plus Rice Wyoming Kansas and Baylor. Lulz. Until proven otherwise all the above is true 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, UTEX_ME said:

What he said. We beat a senile old coach that aggy will probably beat by a larger margin that we did. That plus Rice Wyoming Kansas and Baylor. Lulz. Until proven otherwise all the above is true 

Bama is going to fuck A&M up, already 10-3 Bama.

OU won this game. Season not over. I still think we're a top 5 team, we've just got to win out. Trajectory still heading up. This isn't like 5 years ago...

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This type of thread is made after every OU loss.

When have we ever recovered after an OU loss to do anything? 

I'm from the future and it was 2023 when Texas turned the corner.

• Drool 1

The theme of this thread is the reason we got beat today.  Acting like it's just a given that we make the Big 12 CG ...  Is it likely?  Maybe.  But the games have to be played.  This game had to be played and look what happened.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

The eyeballs on the Texas USC game 2005 and the eyeballs on the Bama Texas game this year will undoubtedly put Texas in the CFB playoffs if there are 3 or less undefeateds and Texas runs the table.  Money talks boys.  Mickey Mouse needs his add revenue. 

Edited by troph

Just now, David Dennison said:

Absolutely. The overreaction is because we lost to OU.

Shake it off and win out.

It’s also because we of a certain age can’t fathom a game bigger than this but a Texas-OU rematch for the conference title in December is pretty much (oddly and counter intuitively) the bigger game. Go fucking get it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

We have a clear path and the talent to do it. Every playoff has featured at least 1 one-loss team. 5 of them have featured 3 or more one loss teams. 

We played a bad game, had some critical players limited or out, and still could have won if the defense just tackles the last drive. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Absolutely. The overreaction is because we lost to OU.

Shake it off and win out.

Bama has won a shit load of titles with a loss. It’s not like an undefeated season is table stakes for winning it all. But yeah- this one hurts baaaaaaad right now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hondo said:

The theme of this thread is the reason we got beat today.  Acting like it's just a given that we make the Big 12 CG ...  Is it likely?  Maybe.  But the games have to be played.  This game had to be played and look what happened.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? I’m reacting after the fact. Before I wanted to push their shit in and skull crush them. The loss happened what you are now is how you respond. I for damn sure hope the team wins out and plays these fuckstains again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, troph said:

Bama is going to fuck A&M up, already 10-3 Bama.

Bama is tied and might lose last I saw.

Honestly the Bama win is looking like fools gold. We didn’t want to believe it, because it meant we had turned a corner, but at this point we oughta call a spade a spade.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, troph said:

What the actual fuck are you talking about? I’m reacting after the fact. Before I wanted to push their shit in and skull crush them. The loss happened what you are now is how you respond. I for damn sure hope the team wins out and plays these fuckstains again. 

Relax.  You sound emotional.  I'm not referring to YOU specifically, but rather the pervasive "we'll beat them in the rematch" mentality - as if it's a given we'll be there.

We have to play Houston next in 2 weeks.  There is nothing except Houston until that game has been played.  Nothing.

BYU, Kansas State, TCU, Iowa State, and Texas Tech do not exist until the week of THAT game.

Focusing on the task that is immediately in front of you and nothing else is the way.

Play THIS game.  Execute THIS play.  Execute THIS detail of THIS play.

That's what Oklahoma did today and what we failed to do, and it cost us the game.

It's what separates the greats from the "pretty goods" ... and not just in football. 

Edited by Hondo
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Relax.  You sound emotional.  I'm not referring to YOU specifically, but rather the pervasive "we'll beat them in the rematch" mentality - as if it's a given we'll be there.

We have to play Houston next in 2 weeks.  There is nothing except Houston until that game has been played.  Nothing.

BYU, Kansas State, TCU, Iowa State, and Texas Tech do not exist until the week of THAT game.

Focusing on the task that is immediately in front of you and nothing else is the way.

That's what Oklahoma did today and what we failed to do, and it cost us the game.

It's what separates the greats from the "pretty goods" ... and not just in football. 

No one would disagree with you. Game is over we can only deal with the outcome now. It was a one play game, truly. 

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

WVU is undefeated in conference and we don't play them, so technically Texas doesn't control its own destiny to make it to Arlington at this time. If Texas wins out, only a 95% chance Texas plays in the CCG

Good point, I’ve lost track now that the big 12 has 37 teams. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

WVU is undefeated in conference and we don't play them, so technically Texas doesn't control its own destiny to make it to Arlington at this time. If Texas wins out, only a 95% chance Texas plays in the CCG

What are the one loss tie breaker rules?  OU and WVA play each other. Let’s assume OU wins out. Let’s assume Texas wins out and let’s assume WVA is a 1 loss team too?  What are the Big 12 rules?

10 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Bill in Sinton is this you ?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

What are the one loss tie breaker rules?  OU and WVA play each other. Let’s assume OU wins out. Let’s assume Texas wins out and let’s assume WVA is a 1 loss team too?  What are the Big 12 rules?

From my understanding (assuming OU beats WVU)

It would come down to whoever 4th place is. This is a moot point tho because WVU is not losing just one game to 0u. I’m not sure 0u is running the table tbh

56 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

If we lose to BYU or K State I won’t be shocked at all. 10-2 feels right of this team.  

Lol they both fucking suck. BYU lost to Kansas and KSU just lost to a terribad OSU team. These are not the games that should worry anyone.