2023 NLDS Dbacks vs Dodgers

WBT

10 run rule in effect in Chavez Ravine.

3 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Has any team ever used a position player to pitch during an actual playoff game?

If I were Dave Roberts, I would have. 

His horse Kershaw completely fucked up the entire bullpen. 

Meh.  They have an off day tomorrow so it don't matter.

Let's go through some jarring stats that came out of that inning:

• Kershaw allowed seven balls in play, and the softest hit was 96.7 mph, as measured by Statcast

• It was the shortest start of Kershaw's career, regular season or postseason

• Kershaw had previously never allowed six runs in a first inning

• Only six pitchers in MLB postseason history had allowed more than six runs in a start of an inning or less

• No pitcher in MLB postseason history, starter or reliever, had ever allowed five hits and five runs before recording an out (before Kershaw)

•  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

This looks familiar

857c6d4e0a978ed1bc659f5a53ebf168.jpg

when my mlb.tv app on my TV has a network error there is a shot of Kershaw sitting on the dugout bench hanging his head.

When I saw this tonight I immediately told my girlfriend that it looks like they have a new and improved image to use 

On 10/8/2023 at 1:25 AM, Pimphand said:

Where are the Arlington scrubs that called the DBacks a trash franchise for throwing the series vs Houston even though they have won infinite more world series than them?

Stand up be counted scrubs.....

*THIS* is what Astros Fan is worried about?  

I've watched a fuckton more DBacks baseball than anyone here, and yes, they are a trash franchise, regardless of what they did last weekend and regardless of winning a WS 20+ years ago when they had competent ownership.  I don't know how they've pulled this off so far, but I fully expect them to lose 3 in row now.  

14 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

*THIS* is what Astros Fan is worried about?  

I've watched a fuckton more DBacks baseball than anyone here, and yes, they are a trash franchise, regardless of what they did last weekend and regardless of winning a WS 20+ years ago when they had competent ownership.  I don't know how they've pulled this off so far, but I fully expect them to lose 3 in row now.  

Basically with superior pitching, fielding, and hitting.  The payroll that is $90,000,000 lower than the Dodgers is the chef’s kiss.