Houston Texans 2018 Offseason Thread

GHOSTUSER

Are they unwilling to put any money at backup QB? It seems QB2 (or others) start a few games for Houston every year. They could have gone after the best non-starters, guys like Bridgewater, Gabbert, etc. Weeden makes me want to puke. When does TJ Yates get brought in? I’d personally rather have a 40 year old Sage Rosencopter

On 3/25/2018 at 11:21 PM, tx 3 putt said:

we need to sign some FA OL's that can play LT. let them hash out the starting job 

terrible year for FA OT's ... Chris Clark was no. 7 rated FA OT. Breno Giacameno was no. 12.  NYG overpaid for Solder. Fortunately, most draft people think this is a deep OT draft, although there are not any top end guys. Lots of 3-4-5 round guys who will play for five to ten seasons.  I would not be opposed to taking two OT's with two of three 3rd rounders. 

"Foreman suffered a season-ending Achilles injury in Week 11 of the 2017 season and has undergone intense rehabilitation since. O'Brien acknowledged the second-year back will not be able to do much during organized team activities this spring, but Foreman should be ready by June to compete against Lamar Miller for the starting job."

He should win the job. 

Edited by Southernthunder

10 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Are they unwilling to put any money at backup QB? It seems QB2 (or others) start a few games for Houston every year. They could have gone after the best non-starters, guys like Bridgewater, Gabbert, etc. Weeden makes me want to puke. When does TJ Yates get brought in? I’d personally rather have a 40 year old Sage Rosencopter

Funny how we are still talking about the QB position after we found our franchise QB. But yea I'm not happy with Weeden but I don't think anybody(besides the eagles) are happy with the number 2 QB. I would like to see us take Quinton Flowers or even J.T. Barrett in the 7th. Both are projected to be 7th rounders or undrafted.

When Herman was at tOSU Barrett was a stud but after he left he was terrible on deep throws and accuracy. With some good coaching I think both of them could become solid QB2 for us  

here for the inevitable Iconoclast melt downs.

Mr.  Drummond's full proof plan to stop sucking.

1. Bob can no longer speak, he is only hurting the ball club.   At some point its going to hurt free agent acquisitions

2.  Sign Colin K. to back up Watson.

3.  Use multiple draft picks and move up and go get the LT.   We have 3 3rd rounders and 2 2nds next year. 

4.  Too late for this year, but make Bill hire an OC who understand the run game as bill has shown he is incapable of understanding it.

5.  Going forward there shouldn't be a draft where you dont take an OL guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.   Every year. 

6.  Assuming not going to sign Colin K (see number 1) have to use a decent draft pick (one of the 3rds after getting OL) on a qb - one that is athletic and can at least sort of run Watson's offense. 

7.  Take away John McClain's media credential and force him to move his fat ass to Nashville. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

1. Bob can no longer speak, he is only hurting the ball club.   At some point its going to hurt free agent acquisitions

3.  Use multiple draft picks and move up and go get the LT.   We have 3 3rd rounders and 2 2nds next year. 

4.  Too late for this year, but make Bill hire an OC who understand the run game as bill has shown he is incapable of understanding it.

5.  Going forward there shouldn't be a draft where you dont take an OL guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.   Every year. 

6.  Assuming not going to sign Colin K (see number 1) have to use a decent draft pick (one of the 3rds after getting OL) on a qb - one that is athletic and can at least sort of run Watson's offense. 

7.  Take away John McClain's media credential and force him to move his fat ass to Nashville. 

Point#7 may be the most critical part of the plan imo.

I’d be all for Kaepernick getting a tryout and signing him if he is a legit option to win games if called on. He wasn’t very impressive on the field his last 1+ years and IMO is using this political crap as his excuse and legal grounds to sue for not being employed. We saw with VY and other talented QBs that teams often want a clear #2, not a #1b that could ignite a QB controversy. Maybe CP is more a QB1b than a QB2, or maybe he’s more like a QB3 these days...

If he’s going to be a distraction though, there’s no chance I’d sign him no matter how talented he is. 

Edited by Murfdogg21

On 3/28/2018 at 2:04 PM, Mr. Drummond said:

number 1...

On 3/28/2018 at 2:04 PM, Mr. Drummond said:

Also sign Adrian Peterson

What the hell is wrong with McNair. Within the past year he has yapping like an idiot all over the media which he used to never do. Jamey Rootes and Cal McNair need to put a muzzle on him and elevate Cal to be the public face of the franchise. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

On 3/25/2018 at 5:25 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:

Here we go. Let's talk about free agency and the draft. I will reserve judgment on the state of our OL until after the draft. I would draft a minimum of 2 OL.

I'm always against drafting OU players, but if Orlando Brown is there in the 3rd round I think he is a steal. Now I'll go throw up.

McNair is making it easy for me not to give a shit about the Texans.

From the name to the logo to the colors to the shitty front office to the craptastic drafting to the angry bitchass coach to his insane comments, everything about the franchise has been a let down.

Time for McNair to hand over the reins to his kid, if not sell the team.  Outside of bringing the team to Houston and the second super bowl to Houston , he’s been a complete failure as an owner.   He’s not at the Browns level, but really not much better.   

I attended most games for the 1st 10 years, now I refuse most free tickets offers.   

17 hours ago, OU Still Sucks said:

I'm always against drafting OU players, but if Orlando Brown is there in the 3rd round I think he is a steal. Now I'll go throw up.

Agreed, I’d draft OU’s TE Mark Andrews as well. Deshaun needs a good TE for this offense to really hum.

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Time for McNair to hand over the reins to his kid, if not sell the team.  Outside of bringing the team to Houston and the second super bowl to Houston , he’s been a complete failure as an owner.   He’s not at the Browns level, but really not much better.   

I attended most games for the 1st 10 years, now I refuse most free tickets offers.   

Need a new owner that will buy back the rights to all things Houston Oilers from Bud Adams' daughter.  Scrap the Texans and bring back Luv Ya Blue.  Profit. 

• Like 3