Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

5 hours ago, BLKNSTY said:

Are you really going to unleash your women on the alleged baby beheaders and bloodthirsty rapists on (and beneath) their soil?

First it will be  like

Wonder Woman Trailer GIFWonder Woman Dc GIF by Max

then it will be like:

Happy Wonder Woman GIF

But after I show up it will be like:

Amazon Love GIF by Regal

Edited by Nivek
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Pretty misleading posts and news article headlines.  I heard "free Palestine" chants, not HAMAS bullshit.  This is just misleading sensationalism from what I can tell.

Possibly but it's still an unsafe environment when a crowd is tracking jews down in buildings, even if it's just to protest. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Just a hunch but I bet those folks pounding on the door of the library to get at Jews were uninterested if the people inside go to synagogue or not. 

Unintentionally hammering home for Jewish people that Israel must always exist as an option, when stuff like this and synagogue shootings happens in America.

This is horseshoe theory in practice. 

image.thumb.png.575df922a1fbccf95f618329b370c694.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Released footage of one of the missing Americans

Footage of US citizen Hersh Goldberg-Polin, who went missing after Hamas attacked the music festival in Israel, has surfaced of him alive with his arm blown off

The incident happened when 11 grenades were thrown into the shelter where Hersh was with his friends.

Hersh’s friend, Aner Shapira, died defending him and 27 others and was able to throw 8 grenades back. Shapira reportedly was found dead with a grenade still in his hand.

Edited by Viper
  • Rage+1 3

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is horseshoe theory in practice. 

image.thumb.png.575df922a1fbccf95f618329b370c694.png

i was told "both sideism" isnt a thing.

the people and institutions who cried "words are violence!!" want you to know that you shouldnt say mean things about the party that slaughtered a whole bunch of people.

IMG_3403.PNG

That's a quality tie-in right there.  That's what that is.  

I've been tempted to rip down stupid shit I see posted on campus or in downtown or South Austin, but I refrain.  But assholes, teenagers, criminals, vandals, gang members, and politically charged activists alike---I've never seen anybody do anything to a "missing child" poster.  It's kind of an unwritten rule no?  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Viper said:

Possibly but it's still an unsafe environment when a crowd is tracking jews down in buildings, even if it's just to protest. 

Look, all I was saying was that I didn't trust the initial footage and reporting due to the prevalence of sensationalizing.   They could have been yelling 
"6 million more" just before the cameras rolled, for all I know. 

It is also difficult for me to really get ginned up for a protest which contains fewer members than a Westboro Baptist staged event.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Look, all I was saying was that I didn't trust the initial footage and reporting due to the prevalence of sensationalizing.   They could have been yelling 
"6 million more" just before the cameras rolled, for all I know. 

It is also difficult for me to really get ginned up for a protest which contains fewer members than a Westboro Baptist staged event.  

I had dinner with a client from NY this week that is orthodox and bought illegal bear mase to carry around in NY because of all the shit they are dealing with.  So like I said, Fuck those "protestors".  Anyone that crosses any line should be arrested for a hate crime.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Some more about the Jewish students barricaded in the library. Take each with the appropriate grains of salt. 

NYC mayor saying it was no big deal

City councilwoman relaying and interview with a student there

She has 4 more tweets if you want to click through. Basically saying that the Jewish students are shaken and said they won't feel ok on campus again, and that many Jewish students have dropped out of school due to bullying (presumably this was before the protest)

Edited by Viper
  • Rage+1 2

Since this has morphed from "Israel-Hamas War thread" into "US campus political groups," here's a response to similar conduct in the above tweets:

http://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/desantis-bans-pro-palestinian-group-from-state-campuses/

As Israel's attacks on Gaza have intensified, some college students have expressed solidarity with Palestinians, resulting in swift censure from some Jewish academics and even some prospective employers. But Florida has gone further, taking the extraordinary step of saying Students for Justice in Palestine is supporting a "terrorist organization."

State university system Chancellor Ray Rodrigues wrote to university presidents Tuesday at Gov. Ron DeSantis' urging, directing them to disband chapters of SJP after the national group took the position that "Palestinian students in exile are PART of this movement, not in solidarity with this movement."

"It is a felony under Florida law to 'knowingly provide material support ... to a designated foreign terrorist organization,'" Rodrigues said in the letter.

52 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s probably between the two, but a statement from NYC Adams that reassures everyone that NYPD didn’t let protesters hurt Jews is not really reassuring.

Protests are part of our fundamental rights in a democracy. When a protest moves from a venue to voice opinions or advocate for a position into targeted harassment of individuals who do not want to engage with the protesters, it’s no longer a protest.  

It is even more disturbing when the individuals are targeted because of their race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, etc. If even a few people are allowed to bang on doors looking for Jews or Muslims or Gays to shout at, it’s a problem and they should be arrested and expelled. 

Yes sir.  Jews should not be relegated to hiding in attics like it's the 1940s again.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

It’s probably between the two, but a statement from NYC Adams that reassures everyone that NYPD didn’t let protesters hurt Jews is not really reassuring.
Protests are part of our fundamental rights in a democracy. When a protest moves from a venue to voice opinions or advocate for a position into targeted harassment of individuals who do not want to engage with the protesters, it’s no longer a protest.  
It is even more disturbing when the individuals are targeted because of their race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, etc. If even a few people are allowed to bang on doors looking for Jews or Muslims or Gays to shout at, it’s a problem and they should be arrested and expelled. 

Should we not be allowed to protest suspected murderers, political figures, or other figures either public or private?

Yes sir.  Jews should not be relegated to hiding in attics like it's the 1940s again.

There is a pretty big gulf between state sponsored industrialized genocide and from what looks like a few dipshits being dipshits.

This post is exactly why I try to avoid sensationalism.

Yet, I think you can appreciate humor in the exaggerations of the aggy old man crying about how it was like the Alamo or whatever after that Tech game. (Gates?)

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

There is a pretty big gulf between state sponsored industrialized genocide and from what looks like a few dipshits being dipshits.

This post is exactly why I try to avoid sensationalism.

Yet, I think you can appreciate humor in the exaggerations of the aggy old man crying about how it was like the Alamo or whatever after that Tech game. (Gates?)

The humor there was that it was an aggie that punched his douche face.  All the violence was aggie on aggie.  Otherwise it was high school kids with a goal post.

• Hook 'Em 1