Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

14 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Hezbollah and Iran are throwing Hamas under the bus and it would all be very funny to me if lots of uninvolved people weren’t getting killed. This is the equivalent of racing out of the backstage with a folding chair and then pulling up right as your kayfabe ally is getting pinned.

"This is the equivalent of racing out of the backstage with a folding chair and then pulling up right as your kayfabe ally is getting pinned."

What does this mean,  if anything?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SKJ said:

"This is the equivalent of racing out of the backstage with a folding chair and then pulling up right as your kayfabe ally is getting pinned."

What does this mean,  if anything?

Since October 7, Hezbollah and Iran have made a lot of belligerent and theatrical statements about the dire consequences that await Israel if they invade or pummel Gaza. This includes some Marvel end-credits or WWE hype style  cameo appearances by Nasrallah on social media:

In yesterday’s big speech he basically announced “eh, we’ve done enough. We aren’t in this really.”

So, if you watched pro wrestling as a kid, it’s the moment where a wrestler acts like he’s going to intervene at the key moment in a match,  but then stands by the ring and watches his buddy lose.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Since October 7, Hezbollah and Iran have made a lot of belligerent and theatrical statements about the dire consequences that await Israel if they invade or pummel Gaza. This includes some Marvel end-credits or WWE hype style  cameo appearances by Nasrallah on social media:

In yesterday’s big speech he basically announced “eh, we’ve done enough. We aren’t in this really.”

So, if you watched pro wrestling as a kid, it’s the moment where a wrestler acts like he’s going to intervene at the key moment in a match,  but then stands by the ring and watches his buddy lose.  

I see...

I never really watched pro wrestling...  so I completely missed that reference

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

HAMAS is going for the tag and Hezbollah jumps off the apron and walks off

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

As a kid I used to get my ass kicked in after-school fights until I started showing up with a stick.

Glad you resolved it.  Not everybody has the help of a former Marine/Vietnam vet who went to school on the G I Bill, got his degree in physical education, and years later was your shop teacher/PE coach in middle school, who, after seeing you had issues with a bully, takes you aside and quietly tells you that there's a tire iron in the bottom draw of the large tool chest that's small enough to slide up the sleeve of your hoodie.  That dude was a problem solver.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Glad you resolved it.  Not everybody has the help of a former Marine/Vietnam vet who went to school on the G I Bill, got his degree in physical education, and years later was your shop teacher/PE coach in middle school, who, after seeing you had issues with a bully, takes you aside and quietly tells you that there's a tire iron in the bottom draw of the large tool chest that's small enough to slide up the sleeve of your hoodie.  That dude was a problem solver.

Ah, you pulled a Marvin Barnes.

5 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Some pretty large protests around the US today. Not linking to twitter since most of the sites covering it are pro-Israel, but I expect there to be more coverage tomorrow and events like this. 

The one in DC was busing people in from Atlanta. I wonder who is funding these things.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, HouTex said:

You probably are too young, but you missed out on Wahoo McDaniel, Terry Funk, Mil Mascaras and others.   

I mean damn we are mostly too old for that but, Mic Floley getting hit with straight chair shots while handcuffed I remember and it was real….  Those weren’t fake then, I’ve always wondered why he did that?   But those chair shots were real with real chairs, now that shits banned and years later things are different I think.   But the late  90’s early 2000 people actually took chairshots to the head.  Watch Foley vs The Rock, it’s actually kinda disgusting to watch now. The Rock almost killed that guy for no damn reason. lol. 

Edited by Hook1997

36 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Musa Abu Marzouk. Hamas' second most important leader, in charge of international relations. Has lived for 14 years in the US. His fortune is estimated at $2 billion dollars.“

So this guy is just living it up in the States and the US can’t FIND a reason to lock his ass up? WTF

Edited by 3adays
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, UTGrad98 said:

Religion sure showcases our cognitive limitations as a species.

Since there is not one post specific for a mainline faith on this page, you either are just thread shitting or you really dislike show wrestling. And that case, I agree, a fanatic devotion to wrestling does show the cognitive limitations of our species. Although, Macho Man, Randy Savage is one of my favorite characters to come out of late 20th century Americana.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Newdoc said:

Since there is not one post specific for a mainline faith on this page, you either are just thread shitting or you really dislike show wrestling. And that case, I agree, a fanatic devotion to wrestling does show the cognitive limitations of our species. Although, Macho Man, Randy Savage is one of my favorite characters to come out of late 20th century Americana.

If this were the first war started because of religion in mankinds history, my post would be thread shitting. Since it's not, I'm merely pointing out how exhaustive it all is and that we are not equipped as humans to ever stop or replace it. I will say 80s wrestling as a whole was the best wrestling but I've always been a jake the snake guy. DDT. Maybe we should fight over who the best wrestler really was. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This tweet was written for like 25 guys total and they’re all in Iran and Lebanon.

You see that little tubey thingy on the top?  That is DDS.  That's a dry dock shelter for SDV-1.  So it's not just an Ohio Class submarine.  It's one of the 4 SSGNs we have.  OMFG.  Ohio, Michigan, FLorida, Georgia.  They also come with a full load of Tomahawks.  140 of them to be exact.  The last time an SSGN was in the middle east, the USS FLorida launched 140  tomahawks at Libya. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, FartingMonk said:

You see that little tubey thingy on the top?  That is DDS.  That's a dry dock shelter for SDV-1.  So it's not just an Ohio Class submarine.  It's one of the 4 SSGNs we have.  OMFG.  Ohio, Michigan, FLorida, Georgia.  They also come with a full load of Tomahawks.  140 of them to be exact.  The last time an SSGN was in the middle east, the USS FLorida launched 140  tomahawks at Libya. 

and SSGNs don't travel alone.  So there's probably a few linebackers in the form of SSNs watching her back.  And why do we call our ships "her"  because it's gay as fuck to ride dudes.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

If this were the first war started because of religion in mankinds history, my post would be thread shitting. Since it's not, I'm merely pointing out how exhaustive it all is and that we are not equipped as humans to ever stop or replace it. I will say 80s wrestling as a whole was the best wrestling but I've always been a jake the snake guy. DDT. Maybe we should fight over who the best wrestler really was. 

I'll fight you right now.  Texas tornado match.  or Hell in a Cell.  Sting was and is the best wrestler ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was reading some lovely fiction today from one of my favorite authors and came across a passage that reminded me of this Israel/Palestine tragedy. This passage is from a novel that was published in 2022, so it predates the Hamas terrorist event, however it seems very relevant and it seems to fit both sides, in a way, but I'll submit without comment and let the literature stand on it's own words:

Gathered on this summer afternoon, up on the ridges, below in the valley, are a specific number of living, breathing human beings whose fate it is to die today, some three hundred or so who woke this morning not imagining it would be their last.

Why? Why must this be? Is there not abundance enough and beauty to support all in peace, were that the general intention?

There is.

But peace is not the general intention. It is not the intention of the army. It is not the intention of the nation the army represents. The intention of the nation is to have this land for itself, uncontested.

The intention of the tribes is to continue to exist, here on land that, in truth, has changed hands many times before, often by violence, i.e., on land seized by force from other people. Members of the tribes have also set upon peaceful homes, abducted women, killed children.

Peace is not, apparently, the general human intention, although in the spare hour (in the dear home, in the individual heart) it may sometimes seem to be.

In any event, the thing has gone too far, and must now be brought to completion.

5 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

and SSGNs don't travel alone.  So there's probably a few linebackers in the form of SSNs watching her back.  And why do we call our ships "her"  because it's gay as fuck to ride dudes.

Well, yeah, but you don’t “ride” submarines. You get all up… in… th….

you know what? Your point still stands

6 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

You see that little tubey thingy on the top?  That is DDS.  That's a dry dock shelter for SDV-1.  So it's not just an Ohio Class submarine.  It's one of the 4 SSGNs

I assume DDS doesn't mean dentist and SDV isn't a single does vial, other than that I got nothin'. SSGN is just a nuclear sub that carries guided missiles but I guess in this case you mean a sub that has nuclear weapons. Anyway, just looking for clarification.

23 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I assume DDS doesn't mean dentist and SDV isn't a single does vial, other than that I got nothin'. SSGN is just a nuclear sub that carries guided missiles but I guess in this case you mean a sub that has nuclear weapons. Anyway, just looking for clarification.

DDS is Dry Dock Shelter

SDV-1 Seal Delivery Vehicle

SSGN is a nuclear sub that has a load out of tomahawk missiles instead of carrying the D5 missile.  We don't hesitate to launch tomahawks 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I was reading some lovely fiction today from one of my favorite authors and came across a passage that reminded me of this Israel/Palestine tragedy. This passage is from a novel that was published in 2022, so it predates the Hamas terrorist event, however it seems very relevant and it seems to fit both sides, in a way, but I'll submit without comment and let the literature stand on it's own words:

Gathered on this summer afternoon, up on the ridges, below in the valley, are a specific number of living, breathing human beings whose fate it is to die today, some three hundred or so who woke this morning not imagining it would be their last.
Why? Why must this be? Is there not abundance enough and beauty to support all in peace, were that the general intention?
There is.
But peace is not the general intention. It is not the intention of the army. It is not the intention of the nation the army represents. The intention of the nation is to have this land for itself, uncontested.
The intention of the tribes is to continue to exist, here on land that, in truth, has changed hands many times before, often by violence, i.e., on land seized by force from other people. Members of the tribes have also set upon peaceful homes, abducted women, killed children.
Peace is not, apparently, the general human intention, although in the spare hour (in the dear home, in the individual heart) it may sometimes seem to be.
In any event, the thing has gone too far, and must now be brought to completion.

That guy huffs his own farts.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

13 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

I think we can pivot it back to the key leaders in this current mess have much more in common with a geopolitical ideologic power struggle than true adherents to religion. As evidenced by Hamas leaders self indulgent behavior and complete lack of care for their own citizens and Israel's political power brokers referencing religion when it's convenient. Unfortunately, Hamas leaders were likely able to convince several thousand Palestinians that their cause was religious cause and innocent blood shedding was righteous. That is not so much a religious fault in itself, but the perversion of such religion by selfish greedy men. Repeat ad nauseam for the history of humanity.

• Hook 'Em 2