Texas vs houston - 3:00pm on Fox

Pancho

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

If this is the best offense Sark can come up with using one of the top passers in the country and two or three strong receivers - against a second tier school, then maybe we need Murphy and a running QB gameplan - either that or a new coach.

Why?  Because he's black?  Murphy is not a running QB

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, this was one of the worst days of my life. 
took my dad (who has a tbi and really wanted to go and was exited about it) 

Got stuck in traffic- he shit his pants - I tried to clean him up in the bathroom at the parking garage we got to and there was no garbage can or paper towels, he got the shit from his diaper all over himself and his shorts, refused to go home because he wanted to go to the game- walked around with feces all over his clothes, got him in his seat- went to 4 different shops until I found a pair of sweat shorts, came back up, cleaned him up in the bathroom, threw up, he walked out naked because he got scared I left him in the stall when I said “stay here I need more paper towels”

then we got back to our seats and he said let’s go.  With 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 
the sights and smells and the like will be nightmare fuel (literally) for me that I will dream about for months and years I bet, but the worst part, by far, was seeing him just not get it and not able to handle basics in life or enjoy the game. 
When we pulled into the driveway he told me sorry for ruining your day. I was like dad- you didn’t ruin anything and I love you. Man’s taken me to at least 100 games and he remembers almost none of it. And my poor mom lives this 24/7. 
as bad as I guess we played I’m going to take solace in this not being the shit Sandwhich on top of a truly miserable day finishing with a loss. We are basically in survive and advance mode and although we were terrible it probably doesn’t matter. But, we probably have another loss or two coming our way, especially if Quinn is out. 

God bless you. You’re a great son and your dad clearly raised you right. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

“ Winning is hard” said Turtle Tom.   Maybe we are cursed or something?

Judging by the balance of the season so far,  it might be better we fuck around at front end of future games than the back end.   Seems like the lack of sense of urgency escapes us once we go up big and we fart it away like we did today.   

25 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I disagree.  I'm actually more confident with Maalik than I am with Ewers.  

Ewers is more polished than Murphy, but Murphy has the "it" factor.  Granted it's a small sample size, but going back to the Spring game, the team just seems to play harder with MM in the game.  

I thought he had a chance today because the other team didn't have a game plan for him.  This was when Caleb Williams stepped in and made a statement against Texas last year.  But Maalik wasn't asked to do too much and got the W, which we'll take every game, any chance we get.  

34 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Got stuck in traffic- he shit his pants - I tried to clean him up in the bathroom at the parking garage we got to and there was no garbage can or paper towels, he got the shit from his diaper all over himself and his shorts, refused to go home because he wanted to go to the game- walked around with feces all over his clothes, got him in his seat- went to 4 different shops until I found a pair of sweat shorts, came back up, cleaned him up in the bathroom, threw up, he walked out naked because he got scared I left him in the stall when I said “stay here I need more paper towels”

then we got back to our seats and he said let’s go.  With 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 
the sights and smells and the like will be nightmare fuel (literally) for me that I will dream about for months and years I bet, but the worst part, by far, was seeing him just not get it and not able to handle basics in life or enjoy the game. 
When we pulled into the driveway he told me sorry for ruining your day. I was like dad- you didn’t ruin anything and I love you. Man’s taken me to at least 100 games and he remembers almost none of it. And my poor mom lives this 24/7. 
as bad as I guess we played I’m going to take solace in this not being the shit Sandwhich on top of a truly miserable day finishing with a loss. We are basically in survive and advance mode and although we were terrible it probably doesn’t matter. But, we probably have another loss or two coming our way, especially if Quinn is out. 

Been through similar episodes. You’re a good man. Hook’em!!

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Look it was an ugly win, whatever. I can tell who does and doesnt live in houston in this topic, because being able to tell this citys loser fanbase to kiss my ass forever feels fucking great, no matter how it happened. They will be mad about this shit for eeeeever. Fuck them. Nobody chirps more than cougar high. They are aggy with astonishingly less accomplishment.

How dare you. They have a basketball team that can make the tournament 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok besides the Spring game do we have any other data points that demonstrate Murphy is a good QB?

I sure hope he is but I don't get your confidence.

The Spring game told us little because his greatest completions were against backups. He does have moxy. From the outside, we have almost no knowledge of his command of the offense, recognizing protections and reading defenses. He's got a cannon that needs tempering, which perhaps may dial in with increasing, consecutive reps and possessions. It's really tough to have a clue how he'll fare should he be the one taking snaps next week or thereafter. He does seem to play with confidence and steps up in the pocket. His height certainly can't hurt either. I both fear him starting and yet, wonder what he's capable of if he's prepped repping with the one's knowing he will be the starter and a gameplan schemed with his strengths/weaknesses in mind.

• Pancho unpinned this topic
1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Right, because most teams implement the running QB gameplan with their heaviest QBs. 

We’re not talking about most teams, we’re talking about our current situation. We just lost QB1 and it’s rumored to be a season ending injury. We have a physically imposing backup that isn’t as proven as passer. We can use him as and extra runner more confidently, given the fact that 50 extra lbs typically makes one more durable in a contact sport.

The not scoring 40 bit is a weird one for yall to be stuck on. We've scored at least 30 in every game despite some struggles in RZ and the occasional dry spell. Not every team in the top 5 can claim that. 

tOSU has scored 23 or less 3 times now but all is well cause they've hit 40 a few times I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Sark got cute again on offense and it cost him his QB. Just a complete shit show by the coaching staff.

Quinn had been running and seeking contact like that all season. The real crime was it seems close to certain he didn’t have anyone telling him to cut that shit out. Unfortunately it was only a matter of time before he hurt himself.

Edited by D_Goose
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The not scoring 40 bit is a weird one for yall to be stuck on. We've scored at least 30 in every game despite some struggles in RZ and the occasional dry spell. Not every team in the top 5 can claim that. 

tOSU has scored 23 or less 3 times now but all is well cause they've hit 40 a few times I guess. 

Weird stats happen. Our only 10 win team in the past 12 years didn’t have a single play over 50 yds. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Ehlinger is a fucking wayyyy better qb than Ewers

That wasn't the point.  Sam Ehlinger bailed Herman out on multiple occasions.

This game was an oddity in some ways compared to the rest of the season.  Started fast and strong, that's a new one.  And it wasn't one of those game calling flukes like several games in 2021.  Smooth, easy execution in the air and on the ground.

Sark really did go for the jugular on the fake field goal.  Now, whether the team was really up for that is a different question.  The failure there seemed to show that they weren't.

The defense thing is really troubling.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

We’re not talking about most teams, we’re talking about our current situation. We just lost QB1 and it’s rumored to be a season ending injury. We have a physically imposing backup that isn’t as proven as passer. We can use him as and extra runner more confidently, given the fact that 50 extra lbs typically makes one more durable in a contact sport.

So you want them to try and turn Roethlisberger into Vince Young this week? Ok.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That wasn't the point.  Sam Ehlinger bailed Herman out on multiple occasions.

This game was an oddity in some ways compared to the rest of the season.  Started fast and strong, that's a new one.  And it wasn't one of those game calling flukes like several games in 2021.  Smooth, easy execution in the air and on the ground.

Sark really did go for the jugular on the fake field goal.  Now, whether the team was really up for that is a different question.  The failure there seemed to show that they weren't.

The defense thing is really troubling.

The kicker essentially had to run for 16 yards to pick up 6.  It was a dumb as shit call.  I'd rather he gamble on the kick, which is what he does, than try and turn him into a rb, which is what he doesn't do.  We're probably lucky he didn't cough up the ball, which would've been real easy since he's not a ball carrier.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Mother fucker. This hit hard 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:
8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I was actually shocked by the Bama game. Refs that don't seem actively hostile? Wild.

It had been awhile.

can’t wait for competence

I think quite a bit of holding goes uncalled in the SEC. Likewise PI, but I think the real issue is it more even handed. Time will tell, but I'm optimistic that calls will be more even handed. I certainly don't expect it to be worse than the Rig 12. Likewise, SEC reffed games seem to flow better. That in itself should be a huge improvement.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Why?  Because he's black?  Murphy is not a running QB

I didn't know anything about Murphy. Just hoping So my logic was twisted but you told me what I needed to know. Logically speaking though, maybe we just need a new HC - or a new OC. That would work.

As far as Sark causing Ewers' injury: We shoulda been able to run up and down the field on this team, and the score shouldn't have been that close, and we shouldn't have been in a third and nine or whatever situation that was that caused our QB to try and run thru a brick wall to reach the yardstick.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

we tried to run the fucking ball but Houston's dline was pushing our shit in

As good as our RB are, and were last year, the OL just seems to flop for whole series at a time.  Other times, we seem to impose our will.  Kind of bizarre.  

The "run the damn ball" crowd is foolish.

One of the interesting things is Sark has continued to go to Baxter, even when he apparently wasn't quite right. He saw something there.  For a while, I thought maybe he just needed to give up on that and feed Brooks.

Today, I think it paid off.  Baxter looked damn good and a nice change of pace from Brooks.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So you want them to try and turn Roethlisberger into Vince Young this week? Ok.

Lol, yeah because every running QB = VY. Nobody is fucking saying that. Check your reading comprehension. A running QB is a wrinkle, and even Roethlisberger made some running plays at the NFL level. Running Malik is an extra dimension to our offense, which clearly needs it if QE is gone for the year. It’s not that fucking complicated.

Edited by USNALonghorn

Just now, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I didn't know anything about Murphy. Just hoping So my logic was twisted but you told me what I needed to know. Logically speaking though, maybe we just need a new HC - or a new OC. That would work.

As far as Sark causing Ewers' injury: We shoulda been able to run up and down the field on this team, and the score shouldn't have been that close, and we shouldn't have been in a third and nine or whatever situation that was that caused our QB to try and run thru a brick wall to reach the yardstick.

and we shouldn't have had an oline that gets their shit pushed in for the last 15-16 years but here we are.

• Hook 'Em 2

Lol, yeah because every running QB = VY. Nobody is fucking saying that. Check your reading comprehension. A running QB is a wrinkle, and even Roethlisberger made some running plays at the NFL level. Running Malik as an extra dimension to our offense, which clearly needs it if QE is gone for the year. It’s not that fucking complicated.

And when he breaks his collarbone too?