Texas vs houston - 3:00pm on Fox

Pancho

Just now, Michael Knight said:

I dunno, maybe Houston decided to play better. That's the Texas attitude tho, every other team is trash so we only ever lose when we play like trash.

Are you really trying to talk up a team that beat UTSA by 3 and who got blown out by TCU and Tech?  Nah.  This has to be sarcasm and I'm just missing it.

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I dunno, maybe Houston decided to play better. That's the Texas attitude tho, every other team is trash so we only ever lose when we play like trash.

I agree it could have been some of both.  But I think it's pretty clear that the level of UT's play regressed after the first quarter.  We started seeing some assignment busts, missed tackles, missed blocks, shit calls, and lax play that wasn't seen early on. 

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Hook 'Em 3

Between Spencer Tillman, Tim Brando, and the refs "looking the other way" on a lot obvious holding and PI no calls, I'm glad to get the win but I only enjoyed watching the first 1.5 quarters of that shitshow of a broadcast. I can't wait until we never have to here those two clowns ever again - their anti-Texas bis is just SO palpable. And I certainly won't miss the worst, most biased refereeing crews in CFB either. Can't wait to get the hell away from these dicks - and I REALLY hope Quinn is OK

I cannot express enough how much I look forward to seeing what's left of the Big XII swept into the dustbin of CFB history, right next to the Great West, Virginia Commonwealth Conference, the Dakota Athletic Conference, the Big West Conference, the Midwest Intercollegiate Football Conference, the New England Football Conference, and many, many others

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

I don't even think this was an ugly win. It was won in victory formation. Even with the first down they have to score a TD relatively quickly with only 1 timeout. It's not a sure thing or even likely. Had it gone into overtime or been a failed 2 pt conversion that was the 4th down call you can say ugly win. 

This was a game that was way out of hand and the coaches let Houston hang around they never led.

• Hook 'Em 5

Watch the Michigan game if you want to see how a contender plays and dominates. The coaching is night and day the players are on par. 
Hopefully they get shitty before we go to Ann Arbor next year.

Btw, I hate Michigan as much as anyone, but if forced to live there, Ann Arbor wouldn't be a bad choice. (Have a friend who lives there, not a meatchicken fan however)

4 minutes ago, mannewers said:

Glad that shit show is over, on to the next one... Just going with a win is a win today. I do want to thank them for playing so shitty, it actually allowed me to get some stuff done around the house in the second half.

Yeah I'm sorry that shit show was so tough for you to watch. Err, um, to not watch I guess. 

• Haha 4

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

The big issue is they rotate too much defensively with a lead. They were up 21-0 and started playing a bunch of 2s on the next drive. 

Go for the kill and don't let teams stick around. UH got momentum and it was a completely different game. 

Yes. Do that shit in the second half 

4 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I guess you’re being funny but that’s bullshit, for real. I guess we’re the only team that has injuries 

if that’s the case and you can’t play with them, why TF they on the team??

What are you talking about? Did yoj read my post? We were playing three deep early in the year so I was saying a few injuries wouldn't explain the regression. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

I feel confident that Sark's offense can put enough points on the board to win, but PK better figure out the D. They have looked like shit for a few weeks now.

No Watts, No Catalon and people are surprised a pass-first team gave us fits once they had a way to "neutralize" the pass rush...

image.gif.1b4951f84c9f7d8dca5dc439a7ac6155.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

I think he was inches short he turned his back while still moving his legs and we were able to stop him it was so damn fucking  close. Could have gone either way. But when I think about how their guy went out of bounds two yards  short of  the first down marker and it gave him the first down and the time they almost took Quinn's head off by tackling up around the neck and throwing him down, oh and all the fucking holding Houston did.  I call it an ugly win is a win 

Edited by Bevoette
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The big issue is they rotate too much defensively with a lead. They were up 21-0 and started playing a bunch of 2s on the next drive. 

Go for the kill and don't let teams stick around. UH got momentum and it was a completely different game. 

The drive where we got the ball back up 21-0 should have been the dagger drive to send fans to the exits by halftime. Instead it was a 3 and out.

Scoring 10 points in the final 2 and a half quarters is pathetic regardless of how shaky the defense performed.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

cougar high achieved their objective to fuck Texas' season.... if they couldn't win the game, at least they took out Ewers. They're happy.

FUCK cougar high!

THIS is why you don't play in a conference with scrub high school teams that have nothing to lose to play their Super Bowl against you.

When you have nothing to gain and everything to lose in playing little leeches as conference opponents, you know you're in the WRONG CONFERENCE.

FUCK cougar high!

FUCK yormark!

FUCK the Big12!

FUCK the Big12's shitty and crooked refs!

THANK GOD ALMIGHTY we're leaving this Shit behind to dry up and blow away and will play meaningful conference games against meaningful opponents forevermore in the SEC!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yes. Do that shit in the second half 

Yup. I think it was Lefau on that drive up 21-0 where he completely missed a gap. How many snaps has even played this year? 

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The drive where we got the ball back up 21-0 should have been the dagger drive to send fans to the exits by halftime. Instead it was a 3 and out.

Scoring 10 points in the final 2 and a half quarters is pathetic regardless of how shaky the defense performed.

Why not both? 

Shit happens in games. Keep your foot on the gas. 

Look it was an ugly win, whatever. I can tell who does and doesnt live in houston in this topic, because being able to tell this citys loser fanbase to kiss my ass forever feels fucking great, no matter how it happened. They will be mad about this shit for eeeeever. Fuck them. Nobody chirps more than cougar high. They are aggy with astonishingly less accomplishment.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic