NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

7 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Dude's a FA so your nightmare should be over.  I can only imagine the bidding war that's about to ensue...

We'll pay you to sign him so it's off the table for Spurs management.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

On Cavs social media forums, the Spurs has been mentioned as perhaps the most talked about hypothetical landing spot for DG - the Spurs need a PG who can shoot and Wemby covers up for DG's defense.  Pop also knows DG from his time on Team USA a year or two ago.

I don't know if the Spurs would be willing to include Keldon Johnson but I would be ecstatic at this trade:

https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2b6bl5jf

EDIT - Dammit trade not showing up when click on the link.  But Garland for Keldon Johnson, Branham, and Zack Collins works accoridng to the ESPN trade machine.

I still think Mikal Bridges should be the target for swapping DG.  Need a tough defender that can hit 3s at a good clip. Putting him on a team that doesn't need him to be the main focus of the offense and defense should allow him to flourish. Might be like a Wiggins in Golden State type of situation. Plus Brooklyn needs young players to build around, and DG fits their timeline. 

It’s pretty damned cool to see T.J. McConnell playing so successfully.

I watched him in high school at Chartiers Vally. His dad is a gym-rat coach. His aunt Suzy played at State Pen and played in the Olympics. Another aunt played at UVa. I went to Pitt , and was friends with, his uncle Mike, who is now a referee. The whole family is all basketball, all the time. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 9:38 AM, Pam Cummings said:

We should. What antics will happen now that the message has been sent that you won't be suspended for being a shithead as long as you're a star player?

In the playoffs I would rather just see some really hefty fines handed out to players than suspensions no matter who it is or what team. The exception to me would be if the guy got in a fight that injured an opposing player. Other than that hit them in the wallet and hit them hard because none of these guys, no matter how wealthy, like losing money.

6 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Let's go Denver! I really want to hear Bill Simmons confront his take that this series was a wrap after game two.

That guy and his schtick have not aged well. He also looks like he’s around 70 now instead of in his 50’s.

22 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It would be the most Minnesota thing ever to win the first two games of this series and then drop the next four. 

I take it back. The last seconds of that half were the most Minnesota thing ever. 

But holy shit the last 5 minutes of that quarter were fucking awesome. Both teams throwing haymakers at each other. Playoff basketball is the absolute best. 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It would be the most Minnesota thing ever to win the first two games of this series and then drop the next four. 

We're just pretending that 2004 and 2012 didn't happen?

The Nuggets are the best in the league at wasting time when they’ve got a lead. their opponent will make a basket and a Nuggets player will go to retrieve it out of the net and they’ll bobble it and fumble it and watch it roll away and will slowly walk over to pick it up. all the while the clock is running and the refs are just letting it happen. i’ve watched them do this all year. It’s seriously impressive. 

• Hook 'Em 2