NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

That was such a bad challenge from Dallas. Not even close to a clean block...

Challenging on a shooting foul has got to be a waste of time/challenge.

Challenging for possession has to have a much higher success rate. Refs can see something else that’ll justify a shooting foul while looking at the review. Sure it looked clean but in fast time but any graze of the body by the defense means the call will likely be upheld.

Don’t know what nba coaches are thinking other than listening to the emotions of their players

53 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Challenging on a shooting foul has got to be a waste of time/challenge.

Challenging for possession has to have a much higher success rate. Refs can see something else that’ll justify a shooting foul while looking at the review. Sure it looked clean but in fast time but any graze of the body by the defense means the call will likely be upheld.

Don’t know what nba coaches are thinking other than listening to the emotions of their players

kidd needs to challenge more.  his win % on challenges is around 70%.  

i appreciated the explanation the ref gave on that call.  he said because gafford jumped from point A to point B the contact was a foul.  so if he would have jumped straight up and there was contact it wouldn't have been a foul.

3 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

kidd needs to challenge more.  his win % on challenges is around 70%.  

i appreciated the explanation the ref gave on that call.  he said because gafford jumped from point A to point B the contact was a foul.  so if he would have jumped straight up and there was contact it wouldn't have been a foul.

It was a dumb challenge and it was an obvious foul that didn't need an explanation. Gafford fouled him twice before he got the ball. It's okay - you won the game.

I mean he fouled the shit out of him. I'd be incensed if that went uncalled down the stretch in a Spurs game.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

It was a dumb challenge and it was an obvious foul that didn't need an explanation. Gafford fouled him twice before he got the ball. It's okay - you won the game.

this obviously wasn't a good challenge, i think kidd was just looking for contact on the hand.  however in general he's been too resistant to challenging calls at other times. i don't know if there are analytics involved but it seems like he leans towards challenging charge/block calls more than anything else.

On 2/25/2023 at 11:08 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

White > Smart IMO for Boston

On 10/27/2023 at 8:56 PM, Mittens said:

youre-right-you-got-it.gif

So you don't have to click the tweet for the full context:

The “D-White Zone” (Top Right) shows white has the two best guard shot blocking seasons in the last 10 years…but it doesn’t stop there.

He also has:
3 of the top 4
4 of the top 5
5 of the top 11
6 of the top 13

…this is his 7th year.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Mittens said:

The “D-White Zone” (Top Right) shows white has the two best guard shot blocking seasons in the last 10 years…but it doesn’t stop there.

He also has:
3 of the top 4
4 of the top 5
5 of the top 11
6 of the top 13

…this is his 7th year.

Yeah but he didn't fit the Spurs timeline.

stressed bill murray GIF

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, MrX said:

Jokic 21-19-15 and didn’t miss from the floor. 

And he just passed Wilt for most perfect shooting triple doubles in NBA history.

5 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Same with wolves/thunder. We haven’t played Utah in like 2 months either

Utah's gonna have a bad second half of their season.  I think the Nuggs have only played them once or twice as well.

45 minutes ago, Mittens said:

He also has:
3 of the top 4
4 of the top 5
5 of the top 11
6 of the top 13

…this is his 7th year.

His progression amazes me.  He was good at CU but he wasn't this guy.  The strides he's made since coming to the league are amazing.  Love D White.  Hope he stays in the East.

• Hook 'Em 1

Speaking of the Rockets, what are the thoughts from their team and fan base about Jalen Green?  He seems like a volume shooter and not necessarily a good one. His first two years had shitty coaching and he could basically do whatever he wanted.  However, his shooting is worse this year.  Watched them play the Thunder last night and he went 5-13.  Looked at the game log and he was 5-13 the game before that and 3-14 the game before that.

Everyone is trade able but are they considering moving off him?  Jabari Smith seems to have rounded into being a good/solid player and kind of what everyone thought he was.  (Remember the whole Chet/Jabari debate?)

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Speaking of the Rockets, what are the thoughts from their team and fan base about Jalen Green?  He seems like a volume shooter and not necessarily a good one. His first two years had shitty coaching and he could basically do whatever he wanted.  However, his shooting is worse this year.  Watched them play the Thunder last night and he went 5-13.  Looked at the game log and he was 5-13 the game before that and 3-14 the game before that.

Everyone is trade able but are they considering moving off him?  Jabari Smith seems to have rounded into being a good/solid player and kind of what everyone thought he was.  (Remember the whole Chet/Jabari debate?)

I think most people think he is not a good enough first option to ever make it very far.

If i were a rockets fan, I’d be wanting cam whitmore gone immediately.

That dude is the biggest black hole(not racist) I’ve ever seen