wc semi 1 :: La bataille des hydres à trois têtes

Hagbard Celine

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I don't like the time-wasting, but, as long as it is not penalized players will keep doing what they do.

I think France deserved the victory. Wasn't a great game by either team, but a good game between two very good teams. 

That's why time-wasting should be penalized by adding time rather than by pointless yellow cards. 

France did deserve the victory.  They had a few great saves, and they also held up rather than shot on a couple of sure goals at the end.  Still, their late play was entirely unsportsmanlike.  They are a dislikable team because of it, so fuck them.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Mbappe and Neymar have to be the twatiest strike force in soccer history

part of me wonders how much being at psg together over the last year influenced mbappe embracing the bullshit from neymar.  hopefully someone gets in his ear about it and he cuts it out because he could be great.

You don’t ordinarily see a player (other than Ashley young) dribbling 25 yards down the field after the balls gone out of play. 

Could've easily taken a ball from the side and let him dribble all the way back to France.

Complaining about it as a someone that watches soccer regularly seems like a rookie move

14 minutes ago, thestud said:

You didn't play much soccer in your day did you? There's wasting time, and there's being a raging cuntnugget. Mbappe went full cunt the last 20 minutes.

Lol. I’ve done it all man. I thought the kid was smart and mature. He did what he had to do. 

Edited by JNip

1 minute ago, JNip said:

Lol. State soccer team in Mexico, ODP in Texas, 3 yr varsity player, UT soccer manager under Chris Petrucelli, and coaching for 8 yrs but whatever dude. I thought that he was marvelous, smart and mature. Kid did what he had to do. 

Yeah, but you're also a fan of a team that intentionally tries to injure opposing players.

4 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Shrug. Be mad about it if it makes you feel better.

Or your take is just terrible. People who watch sports for a long time frequently complain about problems that always happen in their preferred sport. Whining to refs and flopping in basketball, four corners offense in old basketball, cheap shots in football, terrible strike zones in baseball, etc. And sports organizations will change their rules to address those complaints if the complaints are frequent and loud enough. Umpire strike zones in baseball, for example, are much better and more consistent now specifically because of the complaints.

Edited by Huckleberry

1 minute ago, Cameltoe said:

You prefer guys dribbling around in the corner, pretending to be confused on throw-ins and free kicks, and faking injury during the climax of the game?

How in the world do you think this changes if FIFA hands control of the clock to the ref? The dribbling around in the corner would obviously not be affected at all. Neither would pretend confusion on set pieces, they would simply wait until the referee stops the clock and then resume play. Faking injury is the only thing that would be affected but that's a pretty minimal effect.

Or your take is just terrible. People who watch sports for a long time frequently complain about problems that always happen in their preferred sport. Whining to refs and flopping in basketball, four corners offense in old basketball, cheap shots in football, terrible strike zones in baseball, etc. And sports organizations will change their rules to address those complaints if the complaints are frequent and loud enough. Umpire strike zones in baseball, for example, are much better and more consistent now specifically because of the complaints.

Ok complain. Still going to happen.

so if england wins, do we go with puns based on the norman conquest, breton war, vexin war, anglo-norman war, anglo-french war, hundred years war, second hundred years war, battle of waterloo, american revolution, seven years war?

tough call...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidis said:

so if england wins, do we go with puns based on the norman conquest, breton war, vexin war, anglo-norman war, anglo-french war, hundred years war, second hundred years war, battle of waterloo, american revolution, seven years war? 

tough call... 

Nah, more like:

France, England's bitch since the dawn of time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

tough call...

France will surrender. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

How in the world do you think this changes if FIFA hands control of the clock to the ref? The dribbling around in the corner would obviously not be affected at all. Neither would pretend confusion on set pieces, they would simply wait until the referee stops the clock and then resume play. Faking injury is the only thing that would be affected but that's a pretty minimal effect.

It would get rid of most if not all of the bitch-assedness we just witnessed from France. We have some simple rules in basketball and other sports that do a reasonable job of preventing bitch-ass delay-of-game tactics. Soccer can have these rules too, that's all I'm saying. Part of the fix is probably stopping the clock some times.

• Fuck You 3

Just now, JNip said:

FIFY

Lulz.  You fixed it wrong.  While being, perhaps, the dirtiest team in the World Cup, they sure as shit never turn that into wins.  Mexico is probably the number one all time underperformer in World Cup history.  Always highly ranked.  Never sniff the quarters.

18 minutes ago, sidis said:

tough call...

agincourt, for sure

8 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Lulz.  You fixed it wrong.  While being, perhaps, the dirtiest team in the World Cup, they sure as shit never turn that into wins.  Mexico is probably the number one all time underperformer in World Cup history.  Always highly ranked.  Never sniff the quarters.

Mexico is the all-time leader in world cup losses (27) and also has the worst all-time world cup goal difference (-38).  They are the only team in the Top-11 in World Cup games played to have never made the final and the only team in the Top-23 in World Cup games played other than Switzerland to have never made a semifinal.

Credit goes to France. That was a salty defensive effort, and the Red Devils never got a chance to execute a proper counter. I thought it was officiated well overall with the exception of the missed Hazard penalty near the end. Then again, Belgium arguably got bailed out against Brazil on the Kompany tackle, so I can't complain too much. France's disrupting the pace of play at the end was irritating, but I'd expect the same from almost any side protecting a 1-0 lead in a WC semi. 

I think Belgium will contend again given how they've been developing youth talent for the past two decades. I'm optimistic that the golden generation is just the beginning.

Edited by UrbanAchiever
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, UrbanAchiever said:

Credit goes to France. That was a salty defensive effort, and the Red Devils never got a chance to execute a proper counter. I thought it was officiated well overall with the exception of the missed Hazard penalty near the end. Then again, Belgium arguably got bailed out against Brazil on the Kompany tackle, so I can't complain too much. France's disrupting the pace of play at the end was irritating, but I'd expect the same from almost any side protecting a 1-0 lead in a WC semi. 

I think Belgium will contend again given how they've been developing youth talent for the past two decades. I'm optimistic that the golden generation is just the beginning.

All of France was not complaining and all of Belgium knew it was coming. It is just the way the game is played.

• Like 1