Texas Rangers Offseason 2023-2024

ztejas

6 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

He needs to become more enamored with Adolis.

It won’t happen with his agent. There is a reason he has an incentive-laden plate appearance contingency. It’s because his agent successfully convinced Adolis to take way too much time off to the significant frustration of Bochy and CY. 

• Fuck You 1

On 1/28/2024 at 7:57 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

There are still people, some of them with a vote, that will argue honestly that Nolan shouldn’t be in the hall at all. And use stats like most walks ever, winning %, lack of cy young wins.  

And that is where us Astros and Rangers fans can go kick some ass together

• Hook 'Em 1

His improved control and plate discipline from 2021 (really, 2022) to 2023 was excellent. His outside strike zone swing % dropped by like 7% to about league average. If that holds or -- lord help AL pitchers, even improves -- he'll have another monster year.

Also excellent was how quiet Astros fans were after he hit that grand slam ... and how fast they left the stadium.

• Hook 'Em 1

Friend of a friend works for some memorabilia company that has an exclusive deal with Seager

I consider you a close friend, hook a brother up with a pair of batting gloves. Who am I kidding I’d frame his jock strap and hang it in the office.(Nobody wears jock straps so make his sliders)
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Friend of a friend works for some memorabilia company that has an exclusive deal with Seager

My avatar before this one was also a gorilla giving the bird, so I feel we've got a real anonymous Internet forum camaraderie, you know?

I'll take something simple, like his uniform and batting helmet from the clinching World Series game and a signed photo that says "Texas Rangers World Champs 2023: We couldn't have done it without you, GoFuckYourself ... From Your Best Friend, Corey Seager"

...or whatever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2024 at 2:56 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

He's played 453 of 486 last 3 seasons. 

On 2/8/2024 at 3:43 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

11.3 games per season is a lot sir. And it’s because his agent told him to. emoji849.png

I’m repeating verbatim what CY told me. I see your subsequent posts. Good talk. 

• Fuck You 1

On 2/10/2024 at 11:20 AM, gofuckyourself said:

My avatar before this one was also a gorilla giving the bird, so I feel we've got a real anonymous Internet forum camaraderie, you know?

I'll take something simple, like his uniform and batting helmet from the clinching World Series game and a signed photo that says "Texas Rangers World Champs 2023: We couldn't have done it without you, GoFuckYourself ... From Your Best Friend, Corey Seager"

...or whatever.

I'll take a pic of him shirtless on the beach with "never quit dreaming - Corey" in his handwriting. 

I’m struggling to believe the tv deal as an excuse. If the payroll is maxed out just say that.  Tv is a one year problem, and if the financials don’t work after this season then unload some salary to get right.  Major sports franchise owners take big financial losses all the time for differing reasons.  Austerity immediately after your first championship seems risky. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 11:19 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m struggling to believe the tv deal as an excuse. If the payroll is maxed out just say that.  Tv is a one year problem, and if the financials don’t work after this season then unload some salary to get right.  Major sports franchise owners take big financial losses all the time for differing reasons.  Austerity immediately after your first championship seems risky. 

Absolutely seems like they are content to just be competitive while turning a profit with increased season ticket sales, etc. rather than trying to repeat (or giving them a realistic chance at it).

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 11:20 AM, gofuckyourself said:

...or whatever.

Im easy to please, Ill pay blue book for his Tahoe, signed of course. 

On 2/16/2024 at 1:18 PM, Skipper said:

Absolutely seems like they are content to just be competitive while turning a profit with increased season ticket sales, etc. rather than trying to repeat (or giving them a realistic chance at it).

Reminds me of the Mavs after the 2011 title and going cheap on Tyson Chandler rather than going for the repeat.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Reminds me of the Mavs after the 2011 title and going cheap on Tyson Chandler rather than going for the repeat.

I mean I don't have a hard handle on the economics.  I get the Bally's situation fucked them and I they clearly have a lot of $$ tied up in deGrom and Scherzer that aren't available.  The $$ may just flat out not work. Or maybe they are being cheap.  I haven't seen an article do a real deep dive on the numbers.    I guess the thought is stay competitive and hopefully get those guys back later this summer and/or find something at the trade deadline deals then have a shot come September/October.  But looking at the roster now, they are another injury away from a mess.

4 hours ago, Skipper said:

I mean I don't have a hard handle on the economics.  I get the Bally's situation fucked them and I they clearly have a lot of $$ tied up in deGrom and Scherzer that aren't available.  The $$ may just flat out not work. Or maybe they are being cheap.  I haven't seen an article do a real deep dive on the numbers.    I guess the thought is stay competitive and hopefully get those guys back later this summer and/or find something at the trade deadline deals then have a shot come September/October.  But looking at the roster now, they are another injury away from a mess.

I have a real feeling that Trevor Bauer is gonna be on the staff by opening day.   

• Like 1