Bedlam - OU @ Okie Lite - ABC

ztejas

That’s twice in two weeks where sideline fouls tacked on another 15 yards in late, critical moments of a game for Venables staff.  And on offense, they had a TO remaining to…I dunno…make sure the play call actually targets Stoops past the sticks?

That staff, instead of eating dicks like in the Bob days, seems to enjoy blowing their own dicks off via the FAFO protocol.  

Edited by Homercles

13 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

That was literally the worst non-PI call I've ever seen. The osu dude literally tackled stoops intentionally to prevent the TD. Blowu finally getting a dose of what Texas has experienced for more than 10 years now. Just breaks my heart.😂

nfc championship nfl GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

That was literally the worst non-PI call I've ever seen. The osu dude literally tackled stoops intentionally to prevent the TD. Blowu finally getting a dose of what Texas has experienced for more than 10 years now. Just breaks my heart.😂

There is no PI in the Big 12. Someone is going to tackle Worthy without even looking up, lay on top of him to keep him from getting up and dare them to call it. And they probably wouldn’t.  

6 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Did you not watch the game in Dallas last month? No call blatant PI against OU then they called a sketch PI against UT missed two blatant Sooner facemasks and of course the perpetual blatant holding.

Fuck them they made a deal with the devil let the devil collect their trailer park hollow souls.

I think it works out better for us anyway that OU lost. I think we match up much more favorably with OSU.

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

Pretty sure his @z009 handle got nukes to shit so he created another one to obsess over this with a fresh start.  

Maybe you should read my post after that instead of making false accusations about someone. I would expect very little reading comprehension from someone that comes from Oklahoma. Texas had zero business losing to OU, and that is all I was trying to say. Was it on the same scale as our 2015 upset? No, but it was still a loss that shouldn't have occurred. 

Edited by horn009

58 minutes ago, horn009 said:

I think it works out better for us anyway that OU lost. I think we match up much more favorably with OSU.

We do, they have been leaning heavily into Ollie Gordon and we are very effective at shutting down the run.  There is a reason Bowman is still hanging around in college after playing for Coach Bro at Tech.

What we do not matchup with well is OSU with Big12 refs in their pocket.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

We do, they have been leaning heavily into Ollie Gordon and we are very effective at shutting down the run.  There is a reason Bowman is still hanging around in college after playing for Coach Bro at Tech.

What we do not matchup with well is OSU with Big12 refs in their pocket.  

OSU barely won at home with OU turning it over 3 times. I think we beat them pretty easily on a neutral field if Quinn is healthy. 

1 hour ago, horn009 said:

Texas isn't matching up with anyone with another loss. People forget Blowu has the head to head advantage along with a favorable schedule. okie lite also has a favorable schedule and likely won't have 2 losses. Texas absolutely has to win all 3 remaining games or the chances of playing in the B12CG are about 2%.

TCU would give last years championship appearance to beat Texas and both ISU and tech would give all their wins over the last 3 years to beat Texas. I'm not optimistic Texas can win them all with MM at QB.

And Texas has to beat the refs too.

Edited by Hard Times
refs

17 hours ago, horn009 said:
18 hours ago, Homercles said:

Since they never call holding on OU, fuck whining over the non call PI

That was objectively a lopsided officiated game in favor of OSU. If the horns were in the same position, we’d all be upset, too.

Very Funny Reaction GIF by Vanessa Van Edwards

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, horn009 said:

Maybe you should read my post after that instead of making false accusations about someone. I would expect very little reading comprehension from someone that comes from Oklahoma. Texas had zero business losing to OU, and that is all I was trying to say. Was it on the same scale as our 2015 upset? No, but it was still a loss that shouldn't have occurred. 

Well excuse me for seeing two hard charging handles with *009 in their handle, posting primarily on the same subject, with one dropping off within like a day of the new one popping up…and thinking they may be related. 

image.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Hard Times said:

blowu has zero room to complain about crooked refs. Full stop.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

That was literally the worst non-PI call I've ever seen. The osu dude literally tackled stoops intentionally to prevent the TD. Blowu finally getting a dose of what Texas has experienced for more than 10 years now. Just breaks my heart.

9484ed7e5d0bebe4afb552939837408c.jpg
Shit happens in every game, to every team
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I was a student living off campus in ‘01, when we beat OU completely out of the blue when they were like #4.  Was finishing up my job that night and only knew we were close due to word of mouth.  Stepped outside to walk to my car and suddenly hear about a dozen people screaming and seemingly every car horn in Stillwater started blaring, with people hopping out of their cars at red lights to high five each other.  

That being said, the coaches better have the team focused because UCF is still UCF and a classic trap game.  Sure hope they keep their shit wired tight on the road, and with only a -1 spread both Vegas + the analytics agree.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hard Times said:

That was literally the worst non-PI call I've ever seen. The osu dude literally tackled stoops intentionally to prevent the TD. Blowu finally getting a dose of what Texas has experienced for more than 10 20 years now. Just breaks my heart.😂

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 2

All I'm gonna say about refs is fuck ou. They literally had a term for how often calls and no-calls went in their favor (they'll never admit it but that is half of what "sooner magic" means.) Not to mention holding on 90% of plays over the entire 118 year history, nobody can deny that fact. Finally, it was a bad call, but at least plausibly, the ref might have thought Stoops had stepped out of bounds before the contact, I don't think he did, but either way he wasn't catching that shit in bounds. There was also at least one jersey pull from ou that wasn't called and a face mask. The refs also didn't make vegetables act like a complete asshole on a prior no-call (which was much closer and I think we all agreed it was a good no call). Also, fuck little stoops, seriously. He fucked up the last play, and it was very satisfying. The tears are delicious.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

All I'm gonna say about refs is fuck ou. They literally had a term for how often calls and no-calls went in their favor (they'll never admit it but that is half of what "sooner magic" means.) Not to mention holding on 90% of plays over the entire 118 year history, nobody can deny that fact. Finally, it was a bad call, but at least plausibly, the ref might have thought Stoops had stepped out of bounds before the contact, I don't think he did, but either way he wasn't catching that shit in bounds. There was also at least one jersey pull from ou that wasn't called and a face mask. The refs also didn't make vegetables act like a complete asshole on a prior no-call (which was much closer and I think we all agreed it was a good no call). Also, fuck little stoops, seriously. He fucked up the last play, and it was very satisfyingly. The tears are delicious.

Preach GIF

On 11/4/2023 at 7:33 PM, horn009 said:

That was objectively a lopsided officiated game in favor of OSU. If the horns were in the same position, we’d all be upset, too.

Was it, or are you just basing that on one non-call at the end of the game?  I've only heard the crybabies whining about one play.  Where there several others?  Even if they made that call, we aren't letting them score and they settle for the FG anyway.  

I don't know about this part.  You guys seem like a pretty reasonable bunch that wouldn't let a few calls upset you.  

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 6:55 AM, Homercles said:

I was a student living off campus in ‘01, when we beat OU completely out of the blue when they were like #4.  Was finishing up my job that night and only knew we were close due to word of mouth.  Stepped outside to walk to my car and suddenly hear about a dozen people screaming and seemingly every car horn in Stillwater started blaring, with people hopping out of their cars at red lights to high five each other.  

That being said, the coaches better have the team focused because UCF is still UCF and a classic trap game.  Sure hope they keep their shit wired tight on the road, and with only a -1 spread both Vegas + the analytics agree.  

I think UCF has a real good shot.  But does it even matter?  I think Okie State is basically a lock for the Big 12 title game regardless.  You ain't losing to BYU or UH.

I think UCF has a real good shot.  But does it even matter?  I think Okie State is basically a lock for the Big 12 title game regardless.  You ain't losing to BYU or UH.

Never underestimate our ability to pull off the Poke Choke. I think we win out, but knowing us we’ll blow out UCF get a huge jump in the polls and then trip over our enormous dicks at Houston.
  • Rage+1 1