2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Saw someone float Rod Wright from the Texans as his replacement. I don't think he has enough skins in the wall, but always nice to get former players back. Any thoughts?

He did a good job at UTSA and Cristobal wouldn't have hired him at Miami if he couldn't recruit a little. The resume is a tad light but we could do much worse.

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm pretty shocked UT let this happen.  I wonder if there was something more than just money to this?

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

seems odd we wouldn't match that, but it's not my money.

Guess they found another Children's hospital to steal from, or was this just some of their highway money?

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He did a good job at UTSA and Cristobal wouldn't have hired him at Miami if he couldn't recruit a little. The resume is a tad light but we could do much worse.

13 years of collegiate experience and 1 NFL. I’ll take it. 

5 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Saw someone float Rod Wright from the Texans as his replacement. I don't think he has enough skins in the wall, but always nice to get former players back. Any thoughts?

Funny, I thought of Frank Okam. Was DT coach under Matt Rhule at Baylor and Carolina. 1 year at Raiders and now Toledo.. 

5 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I'm pretty shocked UT let this happen.  I wonder if there was something more than just money to this?

He's an LSU alum. Also like someone else mentioned I wonder if there was still some tension between his preferred style for DL and PK's.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

can he recruit?

Hell of a question, but he did develop well at Baylor. He had to recruit there. He has NFL experience. I doubt Sark goes in that direction, but he came to mind. 

Since we're already throwing names,

Tosh is probably a no. He comes up every time but he's already a DC at Oregon. No way he'd take equal money to be D-Line at Texas.
Hurtt couldn't make it through compliance. (I think)

Apparently LSU is still trying to get the Mizzou D-Line coach for Edge, wonder if we could yoink him?

Just now, Codaxx said:

Hell of a question, but he did develop well at Baylor. He had to recruit there. He has NFL experience. I doubt Sark goes in that direction, but he came to mind. 

My concern with Okam is what happened after Baylor. I know the NFL is a different beast but he got canned after 1 year as DL coach, twice in a row.

LOL....via FCB

Here’s the deal on Bo Davis. His son, Beau, is a 6-1, 270 senior DL graduating in May from Southeastern Louisiana.

The son started his college career at East Mississippi Community College as a freshman in 2021 and then transferred to SE Louisiana, where he saw action in 2 games in 2022 before getting injured and didn’t see action in 2023.

Apparently, Brian Kelly has promised Bo that Beau will be admitted to LSU and put on the team, so Bo can coach his son.

It’s apparently REALLY IMPORTANT to Bo that he coach his son, even though the kid has been a non-impact guy at SE Louisiana.

I think Texas was trying to get Bo's son into school, but it couldn't happen until May.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Since we're already throwing names,

Tosh is probably a no. He comes up every time but he's already a DC at Oregon. No way he'd take equal money to be D-Line at Texas.
Hurtt couldn't make it through compliance. (I think)

Apparently LSU is still trying to get the Mizzou D-Line coach for Edge, wonder if we could yoink him?

By Hurtt are you talking about Seahawks DC Clint Hurtt? That doesn't seem realistic

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

By Hurtt are you talking about Seahawks DC Clint Hurtt? That doesn't seem realistic

Seems like that whole staff is getting turned over. Also, his name has come up in every coaching search. I was just getting the usual suspects.

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I don't know if you're trolling or not, but Vrabel only coached LB's at Ohio State.. not D Line

I was joking, but he coached LB in 2011 and DL in 2012-2013 for OSU.. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

LOL....via FCB

Here’s the deal on Bo Davis. His son, Beau, is a 6-1, 270 senior DL graduating in May from Southeastern Louisiana.

The son started his college career at East Mississippi Community College as a freshman in 2021 and then transferred to SE Louisiana, where he saw action in 2 games in 2022 before getting injured and didn’t see action in 2023.

Apparently, Brian Kelly has promised Bo that Beau will be admitted to LSU and put on the team, so Bo can coach his son.

It’s apparently REALLY IMPORTANT to Bo that he coach his son, even though the kid has been a non-impact guy at SE Louisiana.

I think Texas was trying to get Bo's son into school, but it couldn't happen until May.

Clueless Movie Whatever GIF by filmeditor

Just now, CowboyFred said:

Pete Carrol is apparently going to be removed as Head Corch of the Seahawks. So maybe not that unrealistic?

Yeah Pete is officially out as of today. So maybe, but still seems like a stretch