huge piece of shit and alleged hobbit LARPer lowell galindo has got to be stopped

shadow_operative

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I am curious to see where Gallindo lands next year.  Hopefully, some car dealership I won't ever visit.

for real. so much talent from the lhn has gone in to have much higher profile jons for the flagship, while lowell has remained marooned on the lhn, mercifully hidden away from most of the public. i can’t imagine espn will be jumping to promote him anywhere, he’s too milquetoast for fox, he’s too unprofessional for cbs; gonna be interesting to see what becomes of his employment once they shut down the lhn.

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

for real. so much talent from the lhn has gone in to have much higher profile jons for the flagship, while lowell has remained marooned on the lhn, mercifully hidden away from most of the public. i can’t imagine espn will be jumping to promote him anywhere, he’s too milquetoast for fox, he’s too unprofessional for cbs; gonna be interesting to see what becomes of his employment once they shut down the lhn.

This^

4 hours ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Galindo, Vitale, Walton all think they are the entertainment, not the game.
If you care about the game you just want them to enhance the contest by keeping you informed, not by making your ears bleed with
them enjoying the sound of their own voice.

Walton is a national treasure.  With slight dementia.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

I don’t think it’s necessarily that he has remained hidden and wasn’t promoted. He’s from San Antonio—I got the sense he just liked living back “home” and having the job he had. He occasionally got to do national broadcasts in both football and basketball, but for the most part, he had/has a cush job and gets to be around his family. 

What he does after this? My guess is he just gets shuffled back into the ESPN groupings unless he wants to venture off and do his own thing (podcast, go to another network, etc.)

holy shit, a Galindo podcast?  I'd rather be waterboarded.

and yes he has been trying to find a schtick and catch phrase for years.   It's why all he does is talk for the entire 2 hours of a basketball game.  It's the real life version of throwing shit on the wall and seeing what sticks.

he talks and is fake excited the entire time and then goes Gus Johnson mode.  Gus Johnson mode is OK but when you talk and are fake excited the rest of the time GJ mode sounds even more ridiculous.

On 12/2/2023 at 6:12 AM, Rockethorn1978 said:

I bet he joins the clown show on the sec network.

This is a rare time I actually have a personal connection of sorts on a topic. Let's just say Galindo, as surprising as it may be to some here, has some pretty high up allies in Belmont. I'd be surprised if he strays too far from the nest.

12 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I rarely wish we could go back to the way things were

Suspicious Eva Green GIF by James Bond 007

22 hours ago, Hermanator said:

This is a rare time I actually have a personal connection of sorts on a topic. Let's just say Galindo, as surprising as it may be to some here, has some pretty high up allies in Belmont. I'd be surprised if he strays too far from the nest.

Suspicious Eva Green GIF by James Bond 007

He was a presenter at the team banquet on Sunday, so I’ll buy it. I bet they move him into the Sports Information Department if he can’t catch on in the ESPN universe. 

I really wish they’d cut him loose. He’s the reverse Bill Little. Just overly negative on little things that nobody gives a shit about. 

Meanwhile, the much more talented Alex Loeb roams the Siberian wilderness because he got a DUI 10 years ago. 

• 2 weeks later...