Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

FCB said Jahdae Barron has been getting some safety reps the first two practices of game prep (Friday and Saturday). Guilbeau takes over nickel when he does that.

Also said Worthy and Watts are still healing up and not doing much yet. Players are off today then practicing Monday through Friday before breaking for Christmas.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, JLake said:

That is like me taking your shittiest most injured performance of the season and saying that is how you will play in the CFP. We would blow you out as well. More likely we will see the best versions of each team and will be a great game.

The UW team that showed up for 2 of your last 3 games would get destroyed by Texas. The ones that played Utah, Arizona and Stanford would definitely lose though not as badly. Washington played well against Oregon and the very weakest teams on their schedule. 

Washington’s best two games this year would make them competitive in the Sugar Bowl. Anything less than their very best and they will need a lot of help to win. 

• Hook 'Em 2

To be fair Texas had some 3rd quarter disappearing acts as well. We can leave out the games Ewers was hurt but he starts like OU or if Texas gets a lead and goes into prevent offense and defense mode in the third quarter and Texas is in deep doo doo. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

I’m not the one longcatting this thread about how fantastic the PAC 12 was this year. Go back to the cloak room.

It’s like their last meal before execution or something. They are literally going extinct. Let them enjoy their sloppy Joe, enchiladas, double cheese burger and a big red soda.Texas still gonna show up and surprise the fuck out of them.

Edited by troph
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 hours ago, JLake said:

A lot of people here keep pointing to the same group of Texas players as the difference makers and the reason why Texas will win (Sweat, Ewers, Worthy, Murphy etc). Didn’t all those guys play in the Alamo Bowl that we beat you all in pretty comfortably? I get that players get better YOY but that works for both teams. And don’t tell me you all didn’t care about the Alamo Bowl. It was pretty clear from Sark’s demeanor before that game that he wanted to win BADLY. 

Oregon was ranked higher than Texas each time UW played them this year and before the Pac 12 CG everyone convinced themselves Oregon would win despite the recent head to head evidence that UW was better. 

I know this post will not convince anyone so whatever. Just had to say something. 

Hate You Dummy GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Just now, troph said:

It’s like their last meal before execution or something. Let them enjoy their sloppy Joe, enchiladas, double cheese burger and a big red soda.Texas still gonna show up and surprise the fuck out of them.

Since you wanted to yell at me last night, I feel obligated to challenge this list as a last meal from a mouth breather from Washington. Let me be clear, I'm not bad mouthing any aspect, outside the horrible big red, but there is no smoked salmon listed. I'm just saying. Are you bad mouthing sloppy Joe's? 

15 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Since you wanted to yell at me last night, I feel obligated to challenge this list as a last meal from a mouth breather from Washington. Let me be clear, I'm not bad mouthing any aspect, outside the horrible big red, but there is no smoked salmon listed. I'm just saying. Are you bad mouthing sloppy Joe's? 

Now you’re making me real angry. Jk. Btw the word fuck is a gratuitous word in my vernacular much like the extra tomato sauce splashing the camera lens in a Tarantino spaghetti western. I’ll be honest big red is from an old website where they would show last meals and big red was a staple. I think they did away with the program of a last meal of your choosing (no CR). 

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Now you’re making me real angry. Jk. Btw the word fuck is a gratuitous word in my vernacular much like the extra tomato sauce splashing the camera lens in a Tarantino spaghetti western. I’ll be honest big red is from an old website where they would show last meals and big red was a staple. I think they did away with the program of a last meal of your choosing (no CR). 

Well, that's a load of fucking shit. If I'm gonna be executed I want some Egyptian Pizza before I move on to the next world.

And it better not be served with Big Red!!

Edited by BurntEyes

43 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

I’m not the one longcatting this thread about how fantastic the PAC 12 was this year. Go back to the cloak room.

Hey, new guy, remember that time you thought we would get left out for a 1 loss Georgia or whatever bullshit you were spouting? Just take a seat for a bit and learn your place. You'll fit in fine eventually. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

To be fair Texas had some 3rd quarter disappearing acts as well. We can leave out the games Ewers was hurt but he starts like OU or if Texas gets a lead and goes into prevent offense and defense mode in the third quarter and Texas is in deep doo doo. 

That is true but those games were a while ago and the issues seem to have been addressed. Washington has played poorly on very recent games, but that has been obscured by a good performance in the Pac12 championship. Those of us who watch a lot of football with an analytical eye haven’t overlooked the way UW ended their regular season. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, 89Horn said:

Doesn’t sound like it.  Sounds like you and others of your ilk coming to this site keep going on and on about your team seemingly trying to convince folks here how good your team is.  Yes, fine, Washington is a damned good team.  If you know how good they are, then you don’t need to be going on and on about it.  I mean shit, it’s all look at me!  Look at me!  Acknowledge how good we are. Fuck.

Husky fans :

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

That is true but those games were a while ago and the issues seem to have been addressed. Washington has played poorly on very recent games, but that has been obscured by a good performance in the Pac12 championship. Those of us who watch a lot of football with an analytical eye haven’t overlooked the way UW ended their regular season. 

You only have one eye? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

I traded

the other one for wisdom. 

As long as the trade came with a pirate eye patch then I wholeheartedly approve. 

yes WA struggled down the stretch. Texas did not as much even improved red zone scoring. 

in the end it’s 18-22 year olds with a change in routine and a ton of publicity and pressure. so this one to me has unpredictability written all over it. There’s nothing to evidentially prove WA will continue its struggle or Texas won’t.  Trends exist yes, but trends are broken all the time. 

and conference comparisons are always hard. Who the teams play is 100% insular except at the beginning of the season and at the very end (bowl games). 

There are statistical facts that are fairly reliable like Texas stopping the run and the likelihood both Texas and WA score in the low 30’s with both qb’s passing well.

But man I wouldn’t bet on any part of this game. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, troph said:

As long as the trade came with a pirate eye patch then I wholeheartedly approve. 

yes WA struggled down the stretch. Texas did not as much even improved red zone scoring. 

in the end it’s 18-22 year olds with a change in routine and a ton of publicity and pressure. so this one to me has unpredictability written all over it. There’s nothing to evidentially prove WA will continue its struggle or Texas won’t.  Trends exist yes, but trends are broken all the time. 

and conference comparisons are always hard. Who the teams play is 100% insular except at the beginning of the season and at the very end (bowl games). 

There are statistical facts that are fairly reliable like Texas stopping the run and the likelihood both Texas and WA score in the low 30’s with both qb’s passing well.

But man I wouldn’t bet on any part of this game. 

This is an intelligent view. I think there are years where it is clear that one team is better than the other in the CFP and the only hope is for the lesser team to play perfect and the better team to play shitty. UW v Bama in 2016, Bama v MSU the year before, etc. 

That isn’t this game. I, and many national analysts, like our passing game against your pass D and that is why I have confidence. But there is always risk Penix is off and that edge is neutralized to an extent. I think the key to your victory is getting Penix to make bad throws and stuff the running game. If that happens our path to victory gets very narrow. If our OL protects annd run blocks and Penix is on his game then your path narrows. The best versions of UT and UW are likely to show up and it will be a close game. (But being honest, i am hoping for a shitty version of TX v best version of UW). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

53 minutes ago, JLake said:

This is an intelligent view. I think there are years where it is clear that one team is better than the other in the CFP and the only hope is for the lesser team to play perfect and the better team to play shitty. UW v Bama in 2016, Bama v MSU the year before, etc. 

That isn’t this game. I, and many national analysts, like our passing game against your pass D and that is why I have confidence. But there is always risk Penix is off and that edge is neutralized to an extent. I think the key to your victory is getting Penix to make bad throws and stuff the running game. If that happens our path to victory gets very narrow. If our OL protects annd run blocks and Penix is on his game then your path narrows. The best versions of UT and UW are likely to show up and it will be a close game. (But being honest, i am hoping for a shitty version of TX v best version of UW). 

The Penis will be deflated

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Alternatively, JL, the key may be Texas boat racing the UW defense, and thus outscoring the great Pennick offense.  No UW commentor has yet admitted this obvious possibility. 

I do think Texas DL/LBs vs WA OL in pass pro is the key to the game if you had to pick one. But I’m making massive assumptions across the board otherwise. And it is very interesting that Texas O versus WA D isn’t even discussed and that is likely a bigger mismatch than Penix vs Texas D. It should set up nicely for a high pressure to perform night on Penix - and then it’s a question of whether or not he can make one more play or Texas can force one more mistake. 

The O and D components can’t be isolated, as you say.   Texas fans are plenty, and we mean plenty familiar with these types of games principally via our history with OU.  We have to be able to match their offense, and yet have the D that makes the key stops that given day.

I think Texas’ O and D are well set for this type of game.  Throw in special teams and an edge can be perceived.

17 hours ago, JLake said:

I think you are the one projecting. If you look at my post you will see I didn’t say anything negative about Sark. Just said he wanted to win the game badly as demonstrated by him chewing out that guy in the tunnel beforehand.

I think this is where we have a disconnect with reality.  You are claiming I am projectecting because you invented motivation based on something you have no idea about?   Cognitive dissonance should not be an aspiration. 

UW beat Oregon twice.....big deal....who wouldn't ?.... Will UW get some yards?...of course.....some yards.but they will have to do it in the air. I doubt they get 60 yards rushing on our Defense.....and speaking of Defense....The only thing UW knows about Defense is that they suck at it. I think we will damned near score at will on them. Most of the national guys have our Offense as " a nightmare to defend" UW is only "very good". I just do not hear much talk about Defense.

I think UW will start to press just to keep up and the game just gets out of hand for them.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

UW beat Oregon twice.....big deal....who wouldn't ?.... Will UW get some yards?...of course.....some yards.but they will have to do it in the air. I doubt they get 60 yards rushing on our Defense.....and speaking of Defense....The only thing UW knows about Defense is that they suck at it. I think we will damned near score at will on them. Most of the national guys have our Offense as " a nightmare to defend" UW is only "very good". I just do not hear much talk about Defense.

I think UW will start to press just to keep up and the game just gets out of hand for them.

Can someone find an AI image of Bevo fucking a dog?

Legitimate question if there are any UW people still around. All we hear about (beside Penix) is your offensive line. Every Husky fan says we don't know what's coming our way. But when I looked at the All Pac-12 team, the only lineman that was listed was your center on the 2nd team. No one on 1st, 3rd or even honorable mention. And you can't claim Oregon bias because there were more form Oregon State than Oregon. If they're all NFL bound like some of you brethren claim, why weren't they recognized as such?

Hi Horn Fans, looking forward to meeting all of you at the Sugar Bowl!  If you're going to the game, come stop by our tailgate in the #5 lot - just look for the blue "Ribs and Rickshaws" (long story, don't ask) canopy tent. Anyways, I can't wait to chow down on fried okra and chug some Red Stripe beer with all of you. Hooooray beer!

This will be my first time visiting Shreveport (but not my first time in the swamp if you catch my drift), and while I know it's several states away from Texas, I understand you guys are basically the home team. Personally I think that's really unfair since we're the higher seed, and the LA Bowl should have been slotted into the playoffs instead of the Sugar Bowl. But whatever, this won't be our first time overcoming east coast bias. I say BRING IT ON!

Anyway, I think UW has a really good chance to go all the way this year. Here are 5 reasons why I like my DAWGS to win.

1. Michael Big Penix Energy Jr. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. Heisman winner, Maxwell Trophy winner, Bilentikoff runner-up. He has 4 years of high school and 6 years of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2. Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Roger Rosegarden, Jackson Powers-Johnson, Center, Ossai, Big "Orange Julius" Buelow. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3. Chuck "Steak" Morell. A new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Everyone is raving about the difference between our game plan since firing Inge and slotting Chuck into his role at DC. Don't be fooled by the stats, this defense has taken a HUGE step forward under new leadership and the stats speak for themselves.

4. Speed, speed, speed. This is the fastest team Washington has had this century, probably since the Legion of Zoom team from 2014! Rome Odunze, Germs Bernie, Ja'Lynn McClatcher, Ja'Lynn Polk, Ja'Lynn "catches more than he drops" Mickens, Nate Fellner. This is a deeply veteran lineup, but it's the new guys who have really changed the complexion of this team. We haven't seen this much speed since the Legion of Zoom team from 2014.

5. Time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

I think UW wins this one rather easily, say...34-17?

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

15 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Legitimate question if there are any UW people still around. All we hear about (beside Penix) is your offensive line. Every Husky fan says we don't know what's coming our way. But when I looked at the All Pac-12 team, the only lineman that was listed was your center on the 2nd team. No one on 1st, 3rd or even honorable mention. And you can't claim Oregon bias because there were more form Oregon State than Oregon. If they're all NFL bound like some of you brethren claim, why weren't they recognized as such?

East coast bias

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, BigDickNick said:

Hi Horn Fans, looking forward to meeting all of you at the Sugar Bowl!  If you're going to the game, come stop by our tailgate in the #5 lot - just look for the blue "Ribs and Rickshaws" (long story, don't ask) canopy tent. Anyways, I can't wait to chow down on fried okra and chug some Red Stripe beer with all of you. Hooooray beer!

This will be my first time visiting Shreveport (but not my first time in the swamp if you catch my drift), and while I know it's several states away from Texas, I understand you guys are basically the home team. Personally I think that's really unfair since we're the higher seed, and the LA Bowl should have been slotted into the playoffs instead of the Sugar Bowl. But whatever, this won't be our first time overcoming east coast bias. I say BRING IT ON!

Anyway, I think UW has a really good chance to go all the way this year. Here are 5 reasons why I like my DAWGS to win.

1. Michael Big Penix Energy Jr. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. Heisman winner, Maxwell Trophy winner, Bilentikoff runner-up. He has 4 years of high school and 6 years of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2. Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Roger Rosegarden, Jackson Powers-Johnson, Center, Ossai, Big "Orange Julius" Buelow. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3. Chuck "Steak" Morell. A new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Everyone is raving about the difference between our game plan since firing Inge and slotting Chuck into his role at DC. Don't be fooled by the stats, this defense has taken a HUGE step forward under new leadership and the stats speak for themselves.

4. Speed, speed, speed. This is the fastest team Washington has had this century, probably since the Legion of Zoom team from 2014! Rome Odunze, Germs Bernie, Ja'Lynn McClatcher, Ja'Lynn Polk, Ja'Lynn "catches more than he drops" Mickens, Nate Fellner. This is a deeply veteran lineup, but it's the new guys who have really changed the complexion of this team. We haven't seen this much speed since the Legion of Zoom team from 2014.

5. Time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

I think UW wins this one rather easily, say...34-17?

How does that defense hold Texas to 17?   I think CTJ pointed out we have played 7 higher ranked defenses than UW, and averaged 40+ on that set.  Late season Texas puts up 50+.  

• Prepare your anus 1

3 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

How does that defense hold Texas to 17?   I think CTJ pointed out we have played 7 higher ranked defenses than UW, and averaged 40+ on that set.  Late season Texas puts up 50+.  

Last season we held you to 20 points. This year we're 3 wins better which = 3 points better on defense. Get it now?

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 6

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic