MNC game at NRG Stadium tickets

markstanco

What are the prices you guys are seeing?
I put in for an allocation of 6 and got the  confirm email from the LHF yesterday telling me that I’m good to go. I don’t know what they’re going to cost and I can’t do anything with them until 12/18, apparently. 
My wife and I were going to take all of the kids but have since decided it will just be us. I’m wondering if the tickets can be sold for a premium and pay for our trip. If not, we have a few friends that we were going to invite at cost.

“Fuck them kids” - CTJ

giphy.gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I put in for an allocation of 6 and got the  confirm email from the LHF yesterday telling me that I’m good to go. I don’t know what they’re going to cost and I can’t do anything with them until 12/18, apparently. 
My wife and I were going to take all of the kids but have since decided it will just be us. I’m wondering if the tickets can be sold for a premium and pay for our trip. If not, we have a few friends that we were going to invite at cost.

I saw on another thread that face is around $350. Not sure if that’s accurate an if so, whether that’s across the board?

There’s a huge variance based on location. The all-in (fees included) get-in-the-door minimum in the upper level end zones and corners is around $590. $140 of that is fees to the buyer. Not sure if there are additional fees taken out from the net to seller.

Upper level 30 yard line starts at around $800 with $190 in fees

Premium seats are around $2200 with a round $520 in fees.

There is plenty of in between but that’s a pretty good snapshot.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Buddy Waving Hi GIF by Aashish Desimarketer

3 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

No being an asshole (well, at least not intentionally…)

But there were 6 home games, and assuming a “few” is more than a “couple” that’s missing at least half of the games.

Not exactly a pity situation here.

No pity wanted. I wasn’t sure at the time but to clarify he missed one game that he didn’t want to miss because it was his little sister’s birthday. He made the right choice.

1 hour ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Just bought 4x Sugar Bowl tickets through Stubhub... Stubhub says the tickets won't be available/transferred until the day before the event (12/31) -- is that typical? Or should I be worried...

I believe that you can list them for resale but only on Stubhub. The person that buys them from you has to wait until 12/31 to get them. When you try to relist them for sale on Stubhub it should tell you if this allowed or not, even before you actually receive the tickets. Are you able to see a List Your Tickets or Resale option on your order?

17 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Just bought 4x Sugar Bowl tickets through Stubhub... Stubhub says the tickets won't be available/transferred until the day before the event (12/31) -- is that typical? Or should I be worried...

It may mean the broker is short selling them to you.   I wouldn't be worried about getting in with similar or better seats but they are betting market cools and will be able to buy the tickets to be delivered to you for cheaper. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, MrBig said:

I believe that you can list them for resale but only on Stubhub. The person that buys them from you has to wait until 12/31 to get them. When you try to relist them for sale on Stubhub it should tell you if this allowed or not, even before you actually receive the tickets. Are you able to see a List Your Tickets or Resale option on your order?

Yeah, this is exactly what I did for Bama. Stressful having to wait until day-of to get it all settled but worked fine for me…

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

somebody upthread said 2244 was the cutoff.  I heard from someone who was 2214 and did not get tickets.

What I'm hearing is that your ranking in this range may have changed materially based on people that made supplemental donations at time of purchase (i.e., check your rank again and you likely dropped).  I think I dropped some but wasn't really that close to the cutoff so didn't pay much attention to it.  But it's all the more reason to just give your money to Texas One Fund where the funds will actually be used to enhance the program instead of administrative bloat that is the LHF.

8 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Yeah, this is exactly what I did for Bama. Stressful having to wait until day-of to get it all settled but worked fine for me…

Yes but sometimes StubHub sucks ass and you don't see the tickets transfer or get the "accept transfer" e-mail.  Last year and the year before, StubHub was the ticket partner of UT so you could go to the window and they could easily fix it.  I'm not sure about these other venues.  Just transfer them over upon purchase.  WTF.

8 minutes ago, Skipper said:

What I'm hearing is that your ranking in this range may have changed materially based on people that made supplemental donations at time of purchase (i.e., check your rank again and you likely dropped).  I think I dropped some but wasn't really that close to the cutoff so didn't pay much attention to it.  But it's all the more reason to just give your money to Texas One Fund where the funds will actually be used to enhance the program instead of administrative bloat that is the LHF.

I just checked, and I moved up 18 spots from the 12/5 ranking, which was what they used for the CFP tickets.  I didn't give any extra since the season ticket renewal donation.  

28 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I just checked, and I moved up 18 spots from the 12/5 ranking, which was what they used for the CFP tickets.  I didn't give any extra since the season ticket renewal donation.  

Interesting.  My buddy that was right on the edge moved down like 400 spots from where he was when he submitted his request (without additional donations)

1 minute ago, Zone Read said:

Is the stadium split for each team in the Sugar Bowl like the OU game where it's the 50 yard line or is it the half of one end zone to the other?  Which side for either are we?

Schools were only allocated 26K total tickets (out of ~77K capacity) so neither.  Schools will each have their allotment in sections on their sideline.  Texas is visitor.   But pretty much everything for sale currently are the sections that will be mix of Texas, UW and neutral (largely sponsor/corporate/local tix that are on the market)

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Skipper said:

I just went and looked after reading your post. My rank is down about 20 from this summer, so I imagine a chunk of that could have been very recent. The reality is that there is probably a lot more movement up and down for those donating at lower levels.

13 hours ago, hornbri said:

I just got charged $1,620 for 4, will be interesting to see the section difference. 

I was charged $2800 for 6, so I am also interested in seeing section differences. Blind bidding kind of blows.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, hornbri said:

I just got charged $1,620 for 4, will be interesting to see the section difference. 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I just went and looked after reading your post. My rank is down about 20 from this summer, so I imagine a chunk of that could have been very recent. The reality is that there is probably a lot more movement up and down for those donating at lower levels.

I was charged $2800 for 6, so I am also interested in seeing section differences. Blind bidding kind of blows.

1 hour ago, hornbri said:

I can see my tickets in the app now. Section 521

4 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

We're in 322 ($400 each)

Y'all are all talking Sugar Bowl correct?

Does anyone know which direction they’re splitting the stadium? Talking to tcu people who went to the games last year, they divided the stadium in half from one corner to the opposite corner (as opposed to splitting at the 50 yard line or the middle of the end zones). I’m trying to locate the right areas on the secondary market, and hoping not to buy in a Washington area.

Edited by hookem17

14 minutes ago, hookem17 said:

Does anyone know which direction they’re splitting the stadium? Talking to tcu people who went to the games last year, they divided the stadium in half from one corner to the opposite corner (as opposed to splitting at the 50 yard line or the middle of the end zones). I’m trying to locate the right areas on the secondary market, and hoping not to buy in a Washington area.

The only game I can think of that is split at the 50 is the RRS. All other games are split along the benches. That said, with the number of tickets that go to sponsors, etc as versus the schools, there's going to be fans from both schools that buy on the secondary market in their respective enemy territory. If you want to be in Texas territory, buy along the side of the visitor's bench.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/11/2023 at 12:29 PM, Skipper said:

Schools were only allocated 26K total tickets (out of ~77K capacity) so neither.  Schools will each have their allotment in sections on their sideline.  Texas is visitor.   But pretty much everything for sale currently are the sections that will be mix of Texas, UW and neutral (largely sponsor/corporate/local tix that are on the market)

Reselling school allotted tickets should be 100000000% banned by the schools involved

this would be a good start 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 6

56 minutes ago, hookem17 said:

image.thumb.png.1f51f0ba19b216cf96590fec4886c8f8.png

I think this is roughly the split if it was even.  I added the TX and UW in the areas that seem to be the school allotment for each school. In reality I bet it is 70% Texas.

Edited by orange dream
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Reselling school allotted tickets should be 100000000% banned by the schools involved

this would be a good start 

I have zero problem with it.  Nobody selling tix is even remotely recouping what they donated to be at the front of the line.  With our fickle fan base, home games typically resale at a steep discount for season ticket holders with extras so they lose money on those regularly.  I didn't make cut for the sugar bowl but would be trying to flip shitty uppers to help finance better seats if I did.  I think people buying need to have some patience.  I'll be a bit surprised if "get in" price isn't too much above face in a couple of weeks.  The more team allotted tickets that get added to the resale inventory the better for those loooking.

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Mine are in 615

Can you tell now if you’re able to sell them or they don’t actually ‘release’ them to sell for a few more days? Thinking at least 1-2K of seats that people got from the LF are headed for seat geek and hoping the increased inventory knocks some $$ off of what’s there already…

4 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Can you tell now if you’re able to sell them or they don’t actually ‘release’ them to sell for a few more days? Thinking at least 1-2K of seats that people got from the LF are headed for seat geek and hoping the increased inventory knocks some $$ off of what’s there already…

Right now mine don’t let me transfer or sell from the Texas Longhorn app, they say check back 48 hours before the event to download tickets (come things like that). 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think the UT email said the mobile tix will be sent/available on ~ Dec 18th.