Sugar bowl tickets

blacklab

Keeping my eye on the market too and it's brutal out there.  It's like they know I'm going to pay whatever price they want because I'm an addict and really want my college aged kids to finally experience what it's like when Texas football is good.

This might not be the place for it, and if it isn't I assume the OP has the power to nuke it, but any suggestions on a hotel within reasonable distance of stadium and bourbon street where a drunk middle aged guy with 2 kids is unlikely to get stabbed?

41 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Keeping my eye on the market too and it's brutal out there.  It's like they know I'm going to pay whatever price they want because I'm an addict and really want my college aged kids to finally experience what it's like when Texas football is good.

This might not be the place for it, and if it isn't I assume the OP has the power to nuke it, but any suggestions on a hotel within reasonable distance of stadium and bourbon street where a drunk middle aged guy with 2 kids is unlikely to get stabbed?

If everything is too pricey around the stadium, I’d consider booking something in a different part of town and ubering. NOLA isn’t that big and Ubers aren’t super pricey.

Edited by Tex48
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Texas fans who got LF tickets have the ability to sell them via SeatGeek now, correct?

Don't believe so. Through the UT account, the seat locations are available but the mobile tickets aren't yet accessible. Also per LHF email the Sugar Bowl tickets will be managed by Ticketmaster. Email said they should be available for download this week.

I guess you could potentially list tickets since we have the locations but won't be able to officially transfer them yet.

4 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Don't believe so. Through the UT account, the seat locations are available but the mobile tickets aren't yet accessible. Also per LHF email the Sugar Bowl tickets will be managed by Ticketmaster. Email said they should be available for download this week.

I guess you could potentially list tickets since we have the locations but won't be able to officially transfer them yet.

Pretty sure started getting access today as those started to pop up on ticketmaster when I checked a bit earlier.  Same for the UW allotment.   I still think prices drop significantly from current levels across all price points.

45 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Good info, thanks. Glad it’s via TM, as for this game/venue they’ll let you see the actual seat…

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

Pretty sure started getting access today as those started to pop up on ticketmaster when I checked a bit earlier.  Same for the UW allotment.   I still think prices drop significantly from current levels across all price points.

Yep - got a email today to download the sugar bowl app. Once that is done you connect to your Ticketmaster account and the tickets are there to be sold and transferred. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Not a cat said:

If you are just now making logistical plans to go to this game, then you are likely screwed.  New Year's Eve would have been an expensive hotel room in a normal year, much less with the CFP going on the next day.  And air travel into New Orleans from ANYWHERE has been gone for weeks.  Totally gone.  (Although I hear that Delta is about to open 3 more flights).

All of the above is why I think prices are going to come down dramatically over the next couple of weeks.  Anyone who already has the logistical side wrapped up probably already has tickets.  So you have a lot of tickets that need a home (~8,000 from what I can tell), without people that can get there to use them.  And there isn't going to be a lot of local demand.

Just my humble opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, hornbri said:

Yep - got a email today to download the sugar bowl app. Once that is done you connect to your Ticketmaster account and the tickets are there to be sold and transferred. 

I fucking hate that I have do this shit.  I had to call the fucking Cowboy ticket office to get my Ticketmaster account fucking linked to their goddamn app for the  Big12 CCG. Now I have to do this shit all over again.  After we kick UDub’s ass, I’m sure I’m going to have to download the fucking Texans app to go the the championship game.  Fuck your fucking app.

• Rage+1 2

34 minutes ago, HookEm said:

If you are just now making logistical plans to go to this game, then you are likely screwed.  New Year's Eve would have been an expensive hotel room in a normal year, much less with the CFP going on the next day.  And air travel into New Orleans from ANYWHERE has been gone for weeks.  Totally gone.  (Although I hear that Delta is about to open 3 more flights).

All of the above is why I think prices are going to come down dramatically over the next couple of weeks.  Anyone who already has the logistical side wrapped up probably already has tickets.  So you have a lot of tickets that need a home (~8,000 from what I can tell), without people that can get there to use them.  And there isn't going to be a lot of local demand.

Just my humble opinion. 

We got our hotel room in the quarter pretty cheap a couple weeks ago, but they went way up the next day.  Driving in from Houston as we waited too long for reasonable air fare.  Haven't gotten tickets yet.  Kind of waiting to see.

35 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I fucking hate that I have do this shit.  I had to call the fucking Cowboy ticket office to get my Ticketmaster account fucking linked to their goddamn app for the  Big12 CCG. Now I have to do this shit all over again.  After we kick UDub’s ass, I’m sure I’m going to have to download the fucking Texans app to go the the championship game.  Fuck your fucking app.

You can always tell the commercials for products geared to the olds because they mention calling.  Sometimes they even brag that the 800 number is free to call. 

season 13 GIF

Edited by Dennis Taylor

7 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

How low do we think they’ll go?

I’ll guess wrong on the floor and will get the itch to pull the trigger too soon.

A lot of that depends on where you want to sit although I still think all price levels drop from where they are.  If you are willing to sit in shitty seats in the UW ticket allotment I would bet those end up pretty damn cheap.

A lot of that depends on where you want to sit although I still think all price levels drop from where they are.  If you are willing to sit in shitty seats in the UW ticket allotment I would bet those end up pretty damn cheap.

I just want in the door honestly. I may regret that in the end, but that’s the goal now.

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I just want in the door honestly. I may regret that in the end, but that’s the goal now.

Unless you have a big group I wouldn't even start seriously looking yet.  Seats from team allotments are just starting to hit the market today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HookEm said:

Just my humble opinion. 

Damn I hope you're right.  I'm not sure how I worked it out but originally I had a room at the La Quinta I booked a month ago after all the decent hotels showed no vacancies.  Last week, th online reviews of how shitty it was made me panic and I checked the Hyatt Regency for the second time just for the hell of it even though it was originally sold out.  The moment I checked a room was available and I got it with points.  When I checked later in the day it showed no rooms available again.  I guess I got it at the exact moment of a cancellation.  The point here is keep checking. Or don't and sell me your game tickets.

10 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Maybe if their fucking app functioned like like it was fucking supposed to I wouldn't have had to call their fucking ticket office and talk to a real live moron.  I'm sorry that my being old made their fucking app not function.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I fucking hate that I have do this shit.  I had to call the fucking Cowboy ticket office to get my Ticketmaster account fucking linked to their goddamn app for the  Big12 CCG. Now I have to do this shit all over again.  After we kick UDub’s ass, I’m sure I’m going to have to download the fucking Texans app to go the the championship game.  Fuck your fucking app.

You don't actually need the Sugar Bowl app. I just got ours by logging in at AllstateSugarBowl.org/mytickets , but yeah the email has to be linked with Ticketmaster.

Easy enough for me since I already use the same email for both. The Cowboys/Big 12 account linking was a bit wonky at first, but it eventually went through for me without having to call.

Edited by LonghornSean

Just an FYi, I bought tickets for a couple of home games at DKR right before the game, and demand far exceeded the supply.

All Texas-Ex's tickets were gone very early.

Individual people trying to sell tickets over 2 games: one, which I bought.

Buying from "scalpers" was almost non-existent, there were very few of them buying or selling, almost all trying to buy.

I bought one from a scalper after looking for 30+ minutes.

Bottom line, I think there is a lot of pent up demand for some Texas Football in the Big Easy.

After a fuck-over from Seat Geek immediately before and after the CFP announcement, I got my tickets from Ticketmaster. Just looked, and similar tickets, all in, are about $40 more than I paid 2 weeks ago. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, PTINS said:

Just an FYi, I bought tickets for a couple of home games at DKR right before the game, and demand far exceeded the supply.

All Texas-Ex's tickets were gone very early.

Individual people trying to sell tickets over 2 games: one, which I bought.

Buying from "scalpers" was almost non-existent, there were very few of them buying or selling, almost all trying to buy.

I bought one from a scalper after looking for 30+ minutes.

Bottom line, I think there is a lot of pent up demand for some Texas Football in the Big Easy.

After a fuck-over from Seat Geek immediately before and after the CFP announcement, I got my tickets from Ticketmaster. Just looked, and similar tickets, all in, are about $40 more than I paid 2 weeks ago. 

Lulz do you work for a ticket broker?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, MrBig said:

Sugar Bowl ticket prices are dropping even more. Right now on Ticketmaster the end zone nosebleeds are as low as $387 each WITH FEES INCLUDED

0F79F6ED-8E94-46D1-BC0A-4C941197C5E7.thumb.jpeg.6645cc2c924638e6c59b674528fe6340.jpeg

What’s weird is it won’t me look for more than 2 seats. Is anyone having the same issue? I’m curious if no one on Ticketmaster has more than 2

17 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

What’s weird is it won’t me look for more than 2 seats. Is anyone having the same issue? I’m curious if no one on Ticketmaster has more than 2

I’m browsing Sugar Bowl Tickets on the Ticketmaster app on an iPhone and I can select up to 14 tickets.

I don’t have any tickets from LHF, I am just browsing the Ticketmaster app as a regular public buyer.

IMG_3439.thumb.jpeg.5938711489b6d564d301cc239b45ee3f.jpeg

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

I’m browsing Sugar Bowl Tickets on the Ticketmaster app on an iPhone and I can select up to 14 tickets.

I don’t have any tickets from LHF, I am just browsing the Ticketmaster app as a regular public buyer.

IMG_3439.thumb.jpeg.5938711489b6d564d301cc239b45ee3f.jpeg

It must be a browser issue. Thanks!

Question for all of you LHF holders selling tickets…is there a minimum price you have to list at to resale on Ticketmaster, Stubhub, or SeatGeek?

I’m asking because earlier this year I bought Beyoncé tickets directly from Ticketmaster. We couldn’t go to the concert so I listed the tickets for resale on TM.

Ticketmaster would only let me list my resale tickets at a minimum price of $100 OVER FACE VALUE. I was willing to take a loss but I was still unable to list my tickets for anything under face value + $100.

So I went to Stubhub and tried to list my tickets cheaper. After uploading the TM barcodes, Stubhub wouldn’t let me list for anything less than $100 above face like TM.

Are the CFP resale minimum prices being restricted like this too? 

Before fees, tickets are already as low as $276 on stubhub. They're adding $110 in fees wild ($386 all in). I think the market is definitely going to dip a lot more. 

It’s not apples to apples but by the time game day rolled around for the Sugar Bowl against UGA, I felt like a dumbass for paying face through LHF. Could have done much better buying on game day or the day before. Nothing like today but there was still a decent bit of excitement on the Texas side for that game, and playing a bigger, closer, albeit disappointed fanbase. I’d expect the prices to continue to fall because these games are tougher for people to just hit on a whim with little notice.

22 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

The prices are no better on Tickpic than the other sites. Prices are lower now on TM even with the fees. Tickpick saying they don’t charge fees is BS. They are baked into the “no fee” price. 

The biggest problem with Tickpic is lack of inventory.  People just don't list with them.  If exact seats you want are listed on multiple places by a professional broker, they may end up the cheapest.  More often than not, their inventory is shit and much better deals on other sites.  As a consumer, all that matters is the all in price regardless which is characterized as fees.  

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

It’s not apples to apples but by the time game day rolled around for the Sugar Bowl against UGA, I felt like a dumbass for paying face through LHF. Could have done much better buying on game day or the day before. Nothing like today but there was still a decent bit of excitement on the Texas side for that game, and playing a bigger, closer, albeit disappointed fanbase. I’d expect the prices to continue to fall because these games are tougher for people to just hit on a whim with little notice.

I remember this as well.  Had a buddy sell tix to a random couple in the elevator that were just Ole Miss fans in town celebrating New Years for about 50% of face for 300 corners and that was a STEAL compared to what he could sell on the market. Many tix went unused last minute that game.  I don't think it will get anything close to that low for this one, but there is still a shit ton of inventory.  I'm checking about 2X per day just to keep tabs on inventory and trends but not seriously considering buying at these prices yet.

49 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

The prices are no better on Tickpic than the other sites. Prices are lower now on TM even with the fees. Tickpick saying they don’t charge fees is BS. They are baked into the “no fee” price. 

this is legitimately not true. The sellers just get more $$ for the tickets because the market will bear it. There is no "hidden fees" or baked in anything. Nothing is fees. 

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

I remember this as well.  Had a buddy sell tix to a random couple in the elevator that were just Ole Miss fans in town celebrating New Years for about 50% of face for 300 corners and that was a STEAL compared to what he could sell on the market. Many tix went unused last minute that game.  I don't think it will get anything close to that low for this one, but there is still a shit ton of inventory.  I'm checking about 2X per day just to keep tabs on inventory and trends but not seriously considering buying at these prices yet.

I remember at the 2004 Rose Bowl (the Michigan one) there were so many extra tickets outside the door people couldn’t get $5 for a ticket.  I felt like a dumbass for paying $140 face.

• Like 1