2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

Mind bottling that PGA Tour doesn’t take advantage of this point in the calendar where there is no football or baseball and basketball and hockey are playing in the doldrums of the regular season.  There should be no “down” tournament like this between Phoenix and Augusta. 

Season starts too damn early. 

The game of golf may have been destroyed by the Saudi’s. They may have ruined an entire sport. I could see this leading to a major decline in sport popularity. Taken to the extreme, courses shut down. The number of casual players drop. Kids quit playing. An extreme view? Maybe.  

On 2/26/2024 at 12:54 AM, Blotto said:

I didnt even know there was a corrupt golf  media to thank for keeping that shit off the air. Also noticed this story this evening

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/anthony-kim-preparing-a-return-at-liv-golf-event-per-report-143807657.html

Someone tweeted a pic of him, he must have been on the Manziel diet because he is a rough 38.

On 2/26/2024 at 6:18 AM, Dbeasy said:

The game of golf may have been destroyed by the Saudi’s. They may have ruined an entire sport. I could see this leading to a major decline in sport popularity. Taken to the extreme, courses shut down. The number of casual players drop. Kids quit playing. An extreme view? Maybe.  

We'll see, but for me it's had the opposite effect so far. I'm watching less golf but playing a lot more.  The sport itself is still amazing. Now people have more time to focus on their play instead of someone else's. 

Very cool of Anthony Kim and LIV to gaslight golf fans. AK had been given legendary status that wasn't even deserved ever since he left the game. 

And nothing screams exhibition golf more than signing a guy to a limited tour that hasn't played competitively in what, 12 years? 

• Hook 'Em 1

That's regarded. Such a dumb narrative to try and create. No one ever hated that kid. I felt bad for him. Seemed like he grew up in a very Todd maranovich type home and once he got out on his own he just kind of went crazy. 

I wish Liv wasn't the only way for him to come back but unless I'm mistaken,  for him to play again he had to pay back the insurance money he took. Liv is the only entity dumb enough to make that happen. 

5 hours ago, pops said:

That's regarded. Such a dumb narrative to try and create. No one ever hated that kid. I felt bad for him. Seemed like he grew up in a very Todd maranovich type home and once he got out on his own he just kind of went crazy. 

I wish Liv wasn't the only way for him to come back but unless I'm mistaken,  for him to play again he had to pay back the insurance money he took. Liv is the only entity dumb enough to make that happen. 

I will forever respect a guy like Fowler who had fallen way off in the world rankings and could have easily gone to liv for easy money. Instead he chose to gut it out playing the PGAT and work his way back into form. Played in real tournaments and earned a win. That has to be so satisfying. It's something that you can't place a value on.

With Kim....I always thought it was a shame. Wanted to see him come back and do it the right way. This is just a money grab....

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I will forever respect a guy like Fowler who had fallen way off in the world rankings and could have easily gone to liv for easy money. Instead he chose to gut it out playing the PGAT and work his way back into form. Played in real tournaments and earned a win. That has to be so satisfying. It's something that you can't place a value on.

With Kim....I always thought it was a shame. Wanted to see him come back and do it the right way. This is just a money grab....

I don't think Kim really had that option. It was somewhere between a 10 and 20 million dollar repayment to the insurance company if he ever competed professionally again. No one was fronting that kind of cash for him to play on the PGA tour. 

so Anthony Kim finished dead last.  shot 16 over for 3 rounds.  second to last was 5 over.  AK still got $50k for his troubles.  Joaquin Niemann won. dude has been on fire worldwide (not just on LIV). he could be a serious threat at Augusta.

Austin Eckroat won the Honda Classic this morning. (yeah i know it's sponsored by someone else, but it'll always be the Honda Classic to me) yet another Okie State golfer winning on the tour.  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Scheffler tied for 20th and 4 shots back.....and still the odds on favorite to win the tournament, at least at my book. Not sure Ive seen that before. 

image.png.85dd485df4cbda551e30a6b4b16e7d02.png

It's Friday bro.

I mean, the next round is Friday. They've played one round. 

Edited by ztejas

Full Swing just dropped on Netflix.

The locker rooms for that club in Rochester look worse than my Jr High lockers.  We're like "How did that club get a major?"

I forgot that Rickie Fowler married the hot pole vaulter.  She still looks ripped, BTW.

Dustin Johnson and Paulina Gretzky seem like really deep, intellectual people.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Blotto said:

Scheffler tied for 20th and 4 shots back.....and still the odds on favorite to win the tournament, at least at my book. Not sure Ive seen that before. 

image.png.85dd485df4cbda551e30a6b4b16e7d02.png

Tied for the lead. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Finished Full Swing on Netflix. Enjoyed it  except for the last 2 episodes which focused on the Ryder Cup. My top takeaways are that Tom Kim is now one of my favorites and Wyndham Clark is extremely boring. 

I’ve appreciated Tom Kim ever since I read an interview with him in Golf Digest. Likeable dude.
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, ztejas said:

Rory came in with a 30 today. He was 1 over for the tourney through 9.

Just 4 back as it stands. 

and it looks he won't break 40 on the front 9 today - this is an example of why we all have a love/hate relationship with this game

Just listening to the announcer fawn all over Scheffler, I think they’ve been given a script to pump up the superstar rhetoric to offset the LIV losses. Scheffler’s playing great but some of the comments are a bit over the top. The PGA is definitely panicking and probably it should. These fields are less interesting now. 

Scottie is on an all time heater as far as ball striking is concerned. That's not hype or being over the top, that's stats. If he could putt consistently... We're approaching a legit next Tiger kind of stratosphere. 

Like I said, he's gotta get the putting figured out (beyond one round) but the rest of the game is insane.

On 3/10/2024 at 4:12 PM, conVINCEd said:

16/16 inside of 15 feet today.  If he putts like that the PGA will be very boring.

Yep. He may win 10 times if he putts like that consistently. He’s that great tee to green.