Surly Horns State of Things End 2023

immamac

3 minutes ago, troph said:

so do I have this right? a couple of repeatedly banned socks are telling imma that applebee's slams and his board is all kinds of fucked up? and that they are the real majority? is that really what's going on here?

It’s the new norm. 

How ya' feeling, Norm.?

"Surly, Sammy.  Surly.  It's a dog-eat-dog message board in here and I'm wearing milkbone underwear."  

Dammit, I had something for this.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, statsman said:

The U.S. State Department has co-signed onto the official definition of anti-Semitism developed by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance. One of its examples of anti Semitism is comparing Israel’s actions to those of Nazi Germany. So, do you agree that, when a poster on Daily Texan or Cloak Room compares actions of IDF to the Nazis, that they are being racist?

Or is that just a matter of opinion?

Mad Max Reaction GIF

29 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

How ya' feeling, Norm.?

"Surly, Sammy.  Surly.  It's a dog-eat-dog message board in here and I'm wearing milkbone underwear."  

Dammit, I had something for this.

“What are you up to, Norm?”

”My ideal weight if I was eleven feet tall.”

I always loved those, probably knew every one 'em at some point in my younger days.  

But they wrapped it beautifully in the finale.  When Norm locks the door after everyone leaves.  And he asks Sam (obviously referring to something else), "You know what I love, Sammy?"  

Malone, "Beer, Norm?"  

Norm, "Sure, I got time for another."  

it was timed and executed so perfectly.  

I guess Surly is like Cheers in that respect.  Buncha drunken know-it-all, sarcastic assholes, salty women, backwater dumb asses, shitty takes, and sports loyalty to a fault.  but in end, it's funny and it's got heart.  

Well it's not gonna be exactly like last time, troph.

And most of the male posters think they're Sam Malone in that they worry about their hair, regale us with the glory days of their athletic prowess, and claim to only bang 10's.  

Most of us are mashups of Norm, Cliff, Frasier, Woody, Carla, Coach, Diane, and Rebecca.  Drunks, Know-it-Alls, Filled with Texas backwoods hick charm, Fairly well-educated, Scathingly insulting, Dense by Sweet, Delusional, and Insecure.  

In the end, we're that old guy at the end of the bar in the thick glasses just yelling at the clouds.  

@HendersonHorns You said in the UT protest thread that you had your account crowd sourced, including posts outside of CR. What was your old username? 

I'll apologize for any negs I may have given to any of your posts about wanting lower marginal tax rates on the 1% or fewer industrial regulations. 

Let's see the receipts?

On 5/2/2024 at 9:08 AM, troph said:

so do I have this right? a couple of repeatedly banned socks are telling imma that applebee's slams and his board is all kinds of fucked up? and that they are the real majority? is that really what's going on here?

I don’t think any of Rex’s socks have been banned.  He just pitches a bitch fit and has imma delete his shit.  Then comes back a couple of weeks later and denies he’s the same dude.

Yeah, he’s got some solid takes on energy and sports but spends most of his time complaining how oppressed his speech is.  Sounds familiar to his false messiah   

im honestly disappointed he hasn’t done his annual reveal of my real name on here.  It usually happens in Winter/Spring. He’s actually a decent guy IRL but we’ve all been assholes on here so no judgement.  Just keep it anonymous.  

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

im honestly disappointed he hasn’t done his annual reveal of my real name on here.  It usually happens in Winter/Spring. He’s actually a decent guy IRL but we’ve all been assholes on here so no judgement.  Just keep it anonymous.  

How many times do you have to repeat the same thing? We get it. This is becoming worse than your Heidi Cruz broken record bit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Sorry Barbara.  He once posted my wife’s name.  I hold grudges.  You’re young, you’ll scroll past this and bounce back.  I have faith in you; you seem to do helpful work IRL.  Guy comes back a half dozen years times a year under different handles including mine, but I mention it and I’m the asshole?  I mean I am; but objection your honor!!! ;) 

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Sorry Barbara.  He once posted my wife’s name.  I hold grudges.  You’re young, you’ll scroll past this and bounce back.  I have faith in you; you seem to do helpful work IRL.  Guy comes back a half dozen years times a year under different handles including mine, but I mention it and I’m the asshole?  I mean I am; but objection your honor!!! ;) 

Your reruns aren’t nearly as entertaining as Seinfeld reruns that I can watch 100x. Sometimes you have to come up with new material.

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don’t think any of Rex’s socks have been banned.  He just pitches a bitch fit and has imma delete his shit.  Then comes back a couple of weeks later and denies he’s the same dude.

I don’t have any socks.  Lol.

I used to be Ted Striker on HF, changed to RK on Shag and here. I’m a big Airplane! fan. I disappeared from ‘21 (?) to a few months ago out of irrational fear my posts would be tied to my real identity.  I imagine others when they leave have the same fear. That’s why I wanted my posts scrubbed. 

1 hour ago, royiv said:

How many times do you have to repeat the same thing? We get it. This is becoming worse than your Heidi Cruz broken record bit.

This guy is such a repetitive beating, and he misremembers all kinds of things and/or makes shit up. I revealed his name here, exactly once, because he had bragged to the point of releasing it himself. I know his name because another poster I know gave it to me, and I’m pretty sure he constantly confuses me with that guy. I never should have done it because he won’t shut the fuck up about it. I have no idea who his wife is or what her name is. He has zero idea of who I am or what I do for a living. 

I don’t release his name on an annual basis and have only done it once. It was wrong, particularly given my own fears. But he’ll claim he knows me in real life, that I released his wife’s name and that I do this on an annual basis. None of that is true. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

I used to be Ted Striker on HF, changed to RK on Shag and here. I’m a big Airplane! fan. I disappeared from ‘21 (?) to a few months ago out of irrational fear my posts would be tied to my real identity.  I imagine others when they leave have the same fear. That’s why I wanted my posts scrubbed. 

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

The OG Rex asks to get all his shit deleted and porterhouse shows up.  Porterhouse asks to get all his shit deleted and within days Rex shows up again.  There was another character in there at some point that left in a hissy fit but I forgot the name.  It was obviously you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

18 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

The OG Rex asks to get all his shit deleted and porterhouse shows up.  Porterhouse asks to get all his shit deleted and within days Rex shows up again.  There was another character in there at some point that left in a hissy fit but I forgot the name.  It was obviously you.

Ok

Posted (edited)

For a guy who has me on ignore, Rex.  You seem to remember a lotta details regarding quotes of mine.  Only time I worry about you is when you quit bitching like a woman.  

It was, and forgive me for not getting this 100% accurate in my old age---Summer of 2017 or 2018.  Blacklab gave you a serious dressing down.  Then another occasion, again my apologies I don't hold you in high enough regard to the specifics, but you copied and pasted our real names.  And then again, you fucking shit for brains, in Winter of 2023, you did it again.  Imma send you a lot of messages about it, we can print receipts if you need a reminder.  Two fucking rules man, you don't post people's real names, no matter what.  Not even if you think they're asking for it.  Secondly, you'd know if you ever spent a day in your life being a man...don't open your fucking mouth about real life shit on a messages board.  Smart as you are, the most basic shit evades you.  Go ahead and retort as you adjacently post in real time you don't read any of your shit.  You fucking child.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/3/2024 at 3:17 PM, Rex Kramer said:

This guy is such a repetitive beating, and he misremembers all kinds of things and/or makes shit up. I revealed his name here, exactly once, because he had bragged to the point of releasing it himself. I know his name because another poster I know gave it to me, and I’m pretty sure he constantly confuses me with that guy. I never should have done it because he won’t shut the fuck up about it. I have no idea who his wife is or what her name is. He has zero idea of who I am or what I do for a living. 

I don’t release his name on an annual basis and have only done it once. It was wrong, particularly given my own fears. But he’ll claim he knows me in real life, that I released his wife’s name and that I do this on an annual basis. None of that is true. 

Tell you what Trump-worshipping dipshit, trust-fund fuckhead.  You've been dying to it again since you came back to the board.  Post my real name one more time and I'll leave the board for good.  I cant' speak to what the owners/admins do after that, but it's in your bones...you want to do it for the 4th time.  So just do it.  be a man for one fucking day in your life.  Post my real name and I'll leave the board for good.  Go head, you want to do it.  You used to have the stones to do it.  Be that hero your family so desperately needs right now.  And I'm gone.  Do the board a favor.  Plus you can be a man for a day in your life..  

Well he went from denying he ever had any handles and had never posted my real name to at least acknowledging he’s had more than one handle on here and posted my real name once.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?  Except more cowardice on his part, obviously.  

58 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I have no idea, but I know that Rex Kramer was clearly Porterhouse(airplane avatar) and denies it, so not really gonna believe anything else he says.

I’m not PH. I’m not really interested if anyone believes me about that guy. I just would like to totally steer clear of him but he makes it literally impossible. He should put me on Ignore too. 

Posted (edited)

And neither is totally not Guest Lobo.  Just post my real name one more time and this all get to grind to halt man, and right quick.  I know you want to so grow a pair and get it over with.  

Edited by YGIFS

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 8:30 AM, Captainant said:

It's funny how Portahouse constantly claimed he wasn't Rex, and now Rex is claiming he's not Portahouse in the exact same way

I'll never understand people's desire to lie so casually and so consistently about such trivial things on an anonymous internet message board.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I'll never understand people's desire to lie so casually and so consistently about such trivial things on an anonymous internet message board.

It’s the mental illness, you see. 

not really. He’s just another in the cacophony of cunts that actively work to make this website worse.  Changing usernames back and forth is just the last  card that is played before the cycle is repeated (see derka, tobacco animal douche, etc.)  It would be amusing if it wasn’t so pathetic  

David Byrne Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Rage+1 1

On 5/1/2024 at 7:41 PM, statsman said:

The U.S. State Department has co-signed onto the official definition of anti-Semitism developed by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance. One of its examples of anti Semitism is comparing Israel’s actions to those of Nazi Germany. So, do you agree that, when a poster on Daily Texan or Cloak Room compares actions of IDF to the Nazis, that they are being racist?

Or is that just a matter of opinion?

I don't agree.  Making the comparison isn't racist and should not be made into anti-Semitic law.  

On 5/5/2024 at 10:30 AM, Captainant said:

It's funny how Portahouse constantly claimed he wasn't Rex, and now Rex is claiming he's not Portahouse in the exact same way

Don’t forget Dr Beeper, another Rex sock that got the mods to delete his shit in another bitchass move. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 5/7/2024 at 11:02 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

His biggest lie is that he isn’t racist

I challenge you to link or even repeat one racist thing I’ve ever posted. If my memory is correct, you and I had some Shag battles because I was really critical of Strong and you thought we were dispensing him too early. That’s all I’ve got with you.