2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No.  The answer is this: when doubling down didn't work, then you need to TRIPLE down.  If that doesn't work....QUADRUPLE DOWN.  And if THAT doesn't work....INFINITY AND BEYOND DOWN!

Seriously.  Look at the party's evolution on abortion.  They push and push to repeal Roe.  They get it.  It turns into electoral poison.  Their response?  "Oh yeah?  Well...we're gonna criminalize it EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME, AND IMPRISON WOMEN WHO GET ABORTIONS!"  

Anytime there is a fork in the road between "somewhat more sane" and "lots more batshit," they will choose batshit, 100% of the time.  Not because they agree with the underlying position, but because "absolutist/batshit" is their brand.  They have no other brand.  They HAVE to choose "batshit."  They have no choice.

there is nothing less double down than romney to trump

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

there is nothing less double down than romney to trump

Except it kind of was (on accident) because the GOP insider talking points coming out of 2012 were all about needing to be more inclusive, to appeal more to women, minorities, and young voters, things like that.

Instead Trump did very much the opposite of that and won, but he completely hijacked the party. It wasn't where leadership was trying to go.

Edited by gmr548

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No.  The answer is this: when doubling down didn't work, then you need to TRIPLE down.  If that doesn't work....QUADRUPLE DOWN.  And if THAT doesn't work....INFINITY AND BEYOND DOWN!

Seriously.  Look at the party's evolution on abortion.  They push and push to repeal Roe.  They get it.  It turns into electoral poison.  Their response?  "Oh yeah?  Well...we're gonna criminalize it EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME, AND IMPRISON WOMEN WHO GET ABORTIONS!"  

Anytime there is a fork in the road between "somewhat more sane" and "lots more batshit," they will choose batshit, 100% of the time.  Not because they agree with the underlying position, but because "absolutist/batshit" is their brand.  They have no other brand.  They HAVE to choose "batshit."  They have no choice.

Believe me, I'd be completely fine if they stay the course.  It does nothing but lose.  They will change, because the money that drives them demands it.  They aren't paying to lose. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BamaATL said:

Believe me, I'd be completely fine if they stay the course.  It does nothing but lose.  They will change, because the money that drives them demands it.  They aren't paying to lose. 

You're half right.  That's the problematic conundrum the GQP finds itself in, and why it's incredibly dangerous for all of us.  See, they can't win (long-term and/or nationally) with the current "be utterly batshit and cruel, and battshittier and crueler" approach.  BUT....if they abandon that approach, then they lose the very large chunk of their base that demands and will only show up for "battshittier and crueler."  In other words, either path results in a loss.  Which puts the party in a desperate position.  And desperate political entities/people can and will do some horrific shit when they feel that cornered and stuck.  Thus, the fact that the party -- the actual fucking political party -- is PRO a violent overthrow of the government with an authoritarian GQP government installed in its place.  It's the only path they can see to taking power long-term.  So, that's what they are going with. 

They have abandoned the two paths I described, because they are both guaranteed to see the GQP out of power.  If they want to take power -- and not only do they have that hope, it's literally the only motivation they have now -- then they have no choice but to pursue the "fuck the law, fuck counting votes, let's just seize power and never let it go" path.  That's where we are.  And it's where we're going to be for a long while, even if the GQP gets its teeth kicked in this election, because they have no other viable option to take power.  That makes our current path really, really fucking dangerous.

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I maintain the battleground to turn is the Tampa-Saint Pete-Clearwater-Bradenton-Sarasota-Fort Myers corridor.  

I don't know man. Tampa and St Pete? Sure. Lot of progressives still in those areas. The rest of those places? Im not seeing it. I just moved out of the Sarasota area and a lot of the olds there are super Trumpy.

Some solid East coast progressives still coming in, but not at the same ratio as before. Those areas going down along the gulf have changed. A lot of pissed off seniors. Not sure why exactly, but way more political than I remember. Not in a good way.

52 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

This board is a bubble.  Is that wage growth CEO wage growth or the average worker's wages?  Did their wages keep up with the cost of goods?  How many millennials can afford a house now? What is the average age of a millennial?  The middle class and below are getting squeezed terribly whether this place wants to admit or not.  Grocery bills eat up more than they used to eat up.  Then there is everything else.  Use cards cost more now than they used to cost.  Home repairs, medical bills, whatever.  It all costs more.  Do you see the amount of tech layoffs going on lately?  Oh sure we created more jobs--at what pay level? 

None of that is to blame Biden, per se. But when people hurt*  telling them "the economy is great its your fault for being deceived" imo isn't awesome messaging. I'm pretty convinced Biden needs Trump.  Because "I'm not Trump" is his main winning line.

* https://jacobin.com/2024/02/us-economy-opinion-polls-cost-of-living

Motherfucker we've had this conversation here a dozen times. More of the economic growth under Biden has gone to the working class than under any other President in fucking generations. Stop this bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

You're half right.  That's the problematic conundrum the GQP finds itself in, and why it's incredibly dangerous for all of us.  See, they can't win (long-term and/or nationally) with the current "be utterly batshit and cruel, and battshittier and crueler" approach.  BUT....if they abandon that approach, then they lose the very large chunk of their base that demands and will only show up for "battshittier and crueler."  In other words, either path results in a loss.  Which puts the party in a desperate position.  And desperate political entities/people can and will do some horrific shit when they feel that cornered and stuck.  Thus, the fact that the party -- the actual fucking political party -- is PRO a violent overthrow of the government with an authoritarian GQP government installed in its place.  It's the only path they can see to taking power long-term.  So, that's what they are going with. 

They have abandoned the two paths I described, because they are both guaranteed to see the GQP out of power.  If they want to take power -- and not only do they have that hope, it's literally the only motivation they have now -- then they have no choice but to pursue the "fuck the law, fuck counting votes, let's just seize power and never let it go" path.  That's where we are.  And it's where we're going to be for a long while, even if the GQP gets its teeth kicked in this election, because they have no other viable option to take power.  That makes our current path really, really fucking dangerous.

They have a pretty simple choice, cull the maga herd (which will cause heartache to them at the polls to win) take their lumps and reform, or stay the course and continue losing.  The path to victory is thru independents, pretty much always has been.  At a certain point, even they have to look at he Maga's as nothing but anchors.  Sure they will take some lumps bailing on them, but it opens the path to independents.  If they had kicked them to the curb 4 years ago, and very publicly done so, in my opinion they'd be in a very competitive position for this cycle.  They didn't and it's going to cost them again.  

I get their conundrum, because they are damned in the immediate aftermath of kicking the maga's to the curb, but in the long term they are more damned if they keep them around.  The Freedom caucus, the Tea Party folks, and Magas are like nooses around their collective necks, and the reality is that they only way for them to ever attract independents is to kick them to the curb and take their lumps. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

They have a pretty simple choice, cull the maga herd (which will cause heartache to them at the polls to win) take their lumps and reform, or stay the course and continue losing.  The path to victory is thru independents, pretty much always has been.  At a certain point, even they have to look at he Maga's as nothing but anchors.  Sure they will take some lumps bailing on them, but it opens the path to independents.  If they had kicked them to the curb 4 years ago, and very publicly done so, in my opinion they'd be in a very competitive position for this cycle.  They didn't and it's going to cost them again.  

I get their conundrum, because they are damned in the immediate aftermath of kicking the maga's to the curb, but in the long term they are more damned if they keep them around.  The Freedom caucus, the Tea Party folks, and Magas are like nooses around their collective necks, and the reality is that they only way for them to ever attract independents is to kick them to the curb and take their lumps. 

Yeah....you're still not acknowledging the play that is right there in front of them: because they can't win the chess match, they flip over the board, sending the pieces flying everywhere, and declare themselves the winner while holding a gun to our collective head.  If they want to "win" (defined as "take/hold power") anytime soon, it's the only real move they have left.  And, spoiler: it's the play they are pursuing.  They have told us so, multiple times.  We should believe them.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....you're still not acknowledging the play that is right there in front of them: because they can't win the chess match, they flip over the board, sending the pieces flying everywhere, and declare themselves the winner while holding a gun to our collective head.  If they want to "win" (defined as "take/hold power") anytime soon, it's the only real move they have left.  And, spoiler: it's the play they are pursuing.  They have told us so, multiple times.  We should believe them.

I truly can't fucking believe this has to keep being explained to intelligent people. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Motherfucker we've had this conversation here a dozen times. More of the economic growth under Biden has gone to the working class than under any other President in fucking generations. Stop this bullshit.

Fucking generations? How are those fucking generations doing tough guy?

The data bears this out. According to the US Department of Agriculture’s most recent report on household food security, covering 2022, nearly 13 percent, or seventeen million, of US households were food insecure that year, adding around 3.5 million households to their ranks since the year before. In fact, 2022 saw the first rise in food insecurity in a little more than a decade, having been gently declining in all the years since 2011. That meant forty-four million people were living in households where they struggled to get the food they needed because they lacked money and other resources, including thirteen million kids.

Meanwhile, after having declined markedly between 2019 and 2021 thanks to pandemic-era welfare spending, homelessness has now reached a record high. With federal money drying up and housing getting pricier, the number of homeless people in the United States soared 12 percent last year to more than 653,000 people. That’s both the highest number and the largest increase on record; before that, excluding the pandemic, the biggest spike in homelessness had been 2.7 percent in 2019.

Unsurprisingly, this rise in homelessness has come alongside persistently high eviction rates. According to data gathered by the Eviction Lab, which tracks in ten states and thirty-four cities, monthly evictions may be down from early 2023, but they’re still way, way up on what was recorded through much of 2020–21. California, Chicago, Massachusetts, and Oregon are just a few of the places where, in recent months, both filings and actual evictions have returned to prepandemic levels or exceeded them, a trend that had started being recorded earlier last year. Once again, this has gone hand in hand with the expiration of pandemic-era renter protection programs and the disappearance of federal money.

It’s also gone hand in hand with the ongoing housing affordability crisis. The most recent figure recorded by Harvard’s Joint Center for Housing Studies (JCHS) for how many renters are cost burdened (spending more than 30 percent of their income on rent and utilities) is 22.4 million as of 2022, an all-time high. Just over twelve million of those were “severely” burdened, or spending more than half their income on housing costs, also an all-time high.

This has been made worse by the Fed’s interest rate hikes, which the JCHS says has helped put monthly homeowner payments at more than $2,000 in most metro areas — whereas in 2020, they were less than that figure in most US metros. While US median rents are down from the highs they hit in 2023, they’re still up 22 percent from the prepandemic period. This rise in the cost of housing is reflected in the sentiment recorded by survey results we already covered earlier.

And if you're capable of reading comprehension, which I believe you are, you'll note where I didn't blame all of that on Biden.   But telling people the 'economy is great therefore vote fo me' is bullshit.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I hope they do, but that's in all likelihood not what will happen.

Let me put it this way, if you are running a street vendor operation say selling cookies, and your only competitor is selling sandwiches, if the sandwich vendor is making hay and you aren't making ends meat, what are you going to do?  You start selling sandwiches, with your own twist.  Are you going to lose some of your prior clientele when you do so, probably, but if you can't make ends meat, what's your other option?  

Part of me is glad they are so out in the open as to who they are, because it doesn't even require us to expose it.  Its far more insidious when they can more easily mask their true beliefs and intentions.  I hope they continue on the same course, but I doubt they will.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

And if you're capable of reading comprehension, which I believe you are, you'll note where I didn't blame all of that on Biden.   But telling people the 'economy is great therefore vote fo me' is bullshit.

Biden has implemented a shitload of progressive economic and labor policies that have resulted in a greater share of economic benefits going to working class Americans than any other administration in at least 50 years. Progressives should be fucking championing the successes their policies have had, not shitting all over them because they don't like Biden. Stop being a fucking Republican tool.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  They've spent the last 25 years sowing the seeds of batshit discontent, and reinforcing their Fox News trough feeders, and it's too late to pivot now.  

In poker terms, they are pot committed, and they are putting the rest of their chips in on this line of action, come what may.  

Either insanity will win them this election, then they'll make sure we don't have elections anymore, or they'll use the well-armed-and-exremely-pissed-off-white-Murkin-army they've created to start a civil war.

Yes, I'm serious.  Either way, these fucking people are just getting started.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Biden has implemented a shitload of progressive economic and labor policies that have resulted in a greater share of economic benefits going to working class Americans than any other administration in at least 50 years. Progressives should be fucking championing the successes their policies have had, not shitting all over them because they don't like Biden. Stop being a fucking Republican tool.  

Fuck off, bootlicking blue maga.  Pointing out what isn't great isn't being a Republican tool.   Since you're not progressive you don't actually get to tell them how to think either. Is issuing more drilling permits than Trump progressive?   Interfering with the railroad union progressive?  Has the immigration policy actually changed since Trump's time?  No more kids in cages?  And oh yeah, Palestinian genocide.  Very, very progressive.  The best progressives! 

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

I don't remember if it was this thread or not, but seeing the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich talked up was enough to get me to finally start my audible copy.

I'm like less than two hours in and the parallels are fucking horrifying. Like, it's nothing I haven't assumed/generally known, but the deep dive into it is staggering with how perfectly it lines up.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

but if you can't make ends meat, what's your other option?  

Minced meat? Smoked meat? 

Definitely not plant based meat. 

But I get where you're going. 

18 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Fuck off, bootlicking blue maga.  Pointing out what isn't great isn't being a Republican tool.   Since you're not progressive you don't actually get to tell them how to think either. Is issuing more drilling permits than Trump progressive?   Interfering with the railroad union progressive?  Has the immigration policy actually changed since Trump's time?  No more kids in cages?  And oh yeah, Palestinian genocide.  Very, very progressive.  The best progressives! 

Oh good, at least we're off the lies about progressive economic policy being ineffective now. 

• Drool 1

57 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I hope they do, but that's in all likelihood not what will happen.

Let me put it this way, if you are running a street vendor operation say selling cookies, and your only competitor is selling sandwiches, if the sandwich vendor is making hay and you aren't making ends meat, what are you going to do?  You start selling sandwiches, with your own twist.  Are you going to lose some of your prior clientele when you do so, probably, but if you can't make ends meat, what's your other option?  

Part of me is glad they are so out in the open as to who they are, because it doesn't even require us to expose it.  Its far more insidious when they can more easily mask their true beliefs and intentions.  I hope they continue on the same course, but I doubt they will.  

My brother in Christ, the GOP is rigging the propane tank at the sandwich cart to explode, and they are doing it in broad daylight. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

My brother in Christ, the GOP is rigging the propane tank at the sandwich cart to explode, and they are doing it in broad daylight. 

Fair point, but if their recent exploits demonstrate anything, it's that they are far more likely to blow themselves up than anyone else.  

19 minutes ago, safe sex said:

I don't remember if it was this thread or not, but seeing the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich talked up was enough to get me to finally start my audible copy.

I'm like less than two hours in and the parallels are fucking horrifying. Like, it's nothing I haven't assumed/generally known, but the deep dive into it is staggering with how perfectly it lines up.

Spoiler alert---you're about to get to the section on the Reich's treatment of the LGBTQ+ population from 1934-1944.  Shirer got a lot of grief for not spending more pages/investigation into those horrors.  But just to set expectations, he was given very narrow word/page limits and had to literally cover 50 marginalized/demonized/murdered communities/populations.  If you have a chance, checkout the ABC mini-series adaptation of the book from the late 60's (IIRC).  Shit production value, but actually does a decent job considering it was on the first mini-series adaptations of a major book at the time (we take them for granted now with streaming, but it was pretty innovative for its time).  

The author spent too much time, IMHO, trying to link National Socialism to myriad strings of Germanic history going back to Martin Luther.  It's a noble effort, but it falls flat with me and the space could have better used on other issues and historical points surrounding the Reich.  But all that to say, as you say, there are bone-chilling parallels to what we see in our own country today.  One cannot just spend their time and emotion looking for negative signs all around us and still live life.  Just as one cannot ignore what we see around us that is redundant of haunting chapters of history.  But to the educated, objective mind...one thing we fucking nail as a species is the ability to manipulate the stupid into doing out bidding out of a sense of being wronged.  We nail it every goddamn time.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

Fair point, but if their recent exploits demonstrate anything, it's that they are far more likely to blow themselves up than anyone else.  

And they are totally fine with burning down not just their cart but the entire block as long as no sandwiches get sold. That's the whole point.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

My Gen Z nieces hate Trump and can’t talk about him without having a “someone just farted” look on their faces.

Someone at work had a presentation today that used a dotard meme and it went over pretty much the same way. 

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

I truly can't fucking believe this has to keep being explained to intelligent people. 

They don’t want to believe it because it’s fucking horrifying. But I tend to believe people when their words match their actions over and over and over again. 

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I was this many days old when one of the furthest left people on this website, Wildcat09, was accused of beeing blue maga. 

Well, the current phenomenon of extremist ideological purity testing is definitely contagious.  Anyone right-of-center who doesn't preach that Trump is the Lord God Jehovah's Chosen One on earth is a RINO secret libtard marxist.  And anyone left of center who doesn't hate Biden because he didn't intervene militarily on the side of the Palestinians in Gaza is a fascist neocon MAGA Trumper in Dem clothing.

Frankly, I look around at the people who hate me, and I'm very, very comfortable with where I am on the political spectrum.  I don't want friends like that.

11 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But to the educated, objective mind...one thing we fucking nail as a species is the ability to manipulate the stupid into doing out bidding out of a sense of being wronged.  We nail it every goddamn time.

This this this this this.  It is unoriginal, predictable, and completely stupid.  And what is also unoriginal, predictable, and completely stupid is the phenomenon of the followers of that same, well-trod path thinking that they are some genius discoverers of some great, previously unknown path.  No, you dumbfucks, you're just like the easily led morons of all the past centuries.  Your abject stupidity topped with a mega-dollop of cruelty and hate isn't even original.  Just the same repackaged shit, which you happily gobble up, thinking we should all bow down and worship you instead of stare at you with our jaws open wondering why in the blue fuck you are so happy about snarfing down bowls of runny shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Let me put it this way, if you are running a street vendor operation say selling cookies, and your only competitor is selling sandwiches, if the sandwich vendor is making hay and you aren't making ends meat, what are you going to do?  You start selling sandwiches, with your own twist.  Are you going to lose some of your prior clientele when you do so, probably, but if you can't make ends meet, what's your other option?  

You stab the sandwich vendor and become the only game in town.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Can’t have you talking to my guy like that. 

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, the current phenomenon of extremist ideological purity testing is definitely contagious.  Anyone right-of-center who doesn't preach that Trump is the Lord God Jehovah's Chosen One on earth is a RINO secret libtard marxist.  And anyone left of center who doesn't hate Biden because he didn't intervene militarily on the side of the Palestinians in Gaza is a fascist neocon MAGA Trumper in Dem clothing.

Frankly, I look around at the people who hate me, and I'm very, very comfortable with where I am on the political spectrum.  I don't want friends like that.

No doubt. I learned from the Israel thread in the CR that some posters are completely unhinged, and now single issue assholes. 

I actually fucking hate Biden's handling of the gaza war and his approach to immigration and I wouldn't shit on someone for criticizing him for shit like that. It's the pretending the progressive shit they wanted him to do, and which he did and has been very fucking successful at its intended goals, wasn't successful because in their minds it wasn't good enough. It's the refusal to give him any credit on foreign policy or even call him "pro-war" for our support of Ukraine, even though he effectively fucking ended our drone program and actually pulled our troops out of Afghanistan.

Demanding that the guy you vote for do something then shitting on him for doing that exact thing is extraordinarily stupid fucking politics.  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

It was this thread. The other thread would have you watching seasons 1-3 of Airwolf on Tubi or Roku.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Demanding that the guy you vote for do something then shitting on him for doing that exact thing is extraordinarily stupid fucking politics.  

There’s a reason Bernie did not win the nomination either time and it wasn’t some DNC conspiracy. It’s because his base of idealists don’t know how politics work.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

No doubt. I learned from the Israel thread in the CR that some posters are completely unhinged, and now single issue assholes. 

Trump and the GQP did a good job of pulling in a lot of single-issue voters (and we are talking quite a few single-issue groups).  It probably goes back to the Tea Party stuff of the late 2000s, or even Newt Gingrich in the 90s.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I actually fucking hate Biden's handling of the gaza war and his approach to immigration and I wouldn't shit on someone for criticizing him for shit like that. It's the pretending the progressive shit they wanted him to do, and which he did and has been very fucking successful at its intended goals, wasn't successful because in their minds it wasn't good enough. It's the refusal to give him any credit on foreign policy or even call him "pro-war" for our support of Ukraine, even though he effectively fucking ended our drone program and actually pulled our troops out of Afghanistan.

They're shitting on him for "yeah, he did some of what I wanted, but he didn't do ENOUGH of what I wanted, and he also did a thing I didn't want."  And then embarking on a strategy of "so therefore, I'm going to undermine the fuck out of him, strengthening the electoral chances of the opposing candidate who is literally my worst nightmare and would do every single thing that I hate and nothing that I like."

It's like pitching a screaming fit and tossing the plate containing your hamburger, which you DISTINCTLY requested with pickles, onions, dijon mustard, mayo, and a slice of American, because it didn't have the cheese you wanted and the mustard was yellow not dijon, and it had fucking tomatoes, which you don't like....knowing that the only other food item left on the table is a sandwich made of moldy bread and runny turds.  Jesus.  Eat the fucking burger.  Tell the cook that you aren't happy with the mustard, cheese, and tomato situation, and you expect the next burger to be better.  But for fuck's sake, eat the fucking burger, not the shit sandwich.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

Biden is about the only person on earth who would, and is going to lose to Donald Trump. Amazing that we are left with choosing between these two. God help us all.

Judging by actual elections that have taken place since November 2020, Joe Biden's in very good shape to be re-elected.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Biden is about the only person on earth who would, and is going to lose to Donald Trump. Amazing that we are left with choosing between these two. God help us all.

I disagree. There are plenty of legitimate Democratic candidates who wouldn’t stand a chance in a national election.

Trump, however, might be the only human this side of MTG who could lose to Biden.

And that is no slight to Biden. I think he’s been very effective. But the nonstop negative campaigning against him combined with his age would be tough to overcome against anyone but Trump.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Bullshit.  If Biden loses to Trump, than most anyone would.  This country is either intent on electing Trump, or not.
Biden is a perfectly decent/good generic democratic president.  He's not fucking Superman, but he's not fucking terrible, either.  Taking the position that he's some ultra-shitty candidate, the worst possible choice to run against Trump, is not based on any objective reality.  What, you think someone like Bernie would do better?  Come the fuck on.
Lulz.

Just now, cabowabo said:
3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:
Bullshit.  If Biden loses to Trump, than most anyone would.  This country is either intent on electing Trump, or not.
Biden is a perfectly decent/good generic democratic president.  He's not fucking Superman, but he's not fucking terrible, either.  Taking the position that he's some ultra-shitty candidate, the worst possible choice to run against Trump, is not based on any objective reality.  What, you think someone like Bernie would do better?  Come the fuck on.

Lulz.

Pick your candidate.  Who would be a better choice than Biden right now?

I disagree. There are plenty of legitimate Democratic candidates who wouldn’t stand a chance in a national election.

Trump, however, might be the only human this side of MTG who could lose to Biden.
Good point. You're probably right there. These two deserve each other.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Honestly, probably Gavin Newsom.  Maybe Andy Beshear.

I would like to say Gretchen Whitmer.  She's nice.  I really like her.  But then I remember the inherent misogyny of the American electorate, and I think "nah."

32 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump and the GQP did a good job of pulling in a lot of single-issue voters (and we are talking quite a few single-issue groups).  It probably goes back to the Tea Party stuff of the late 2000s, or even Newt Gingrich in the 90s.

Yeah, I’m not talking about the right. 

Hell, I'd kill for someone like Obama or Clinton. But the left went batshit crazy and there is none of these types around I guess.
  • Fuck You 2

23 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Honestly, probably Gavin Newsom.  Maybe Andy Beshear.

I would like to say Gretchen Whitmer.  She's nice.  I really like her.  But then I remember the inherent misogyny of the American electorate, and I think "nah."

She’d be an awesome POTUS. And probably will be in 28 or 32

31 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

This post is completely and utterly detached from reality. Amusingly so. Joe Biden was old as shit in 2019 too, and the Democrats couldn't find anyone worth a damn to beat him. The cast of characters would have largely been the same had Biden not sought reelection.

Sadly, the reverse argument is closer to the truth than what you wrote: Biden--and the power of incumbency, a thriving economy, and low unemployment--might be one of the few people on earth who can beat Donald Trump right now.

7 minutes ago, cabowabo said:
33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hell, I'd kill for someone like Obama or Clinton. But the left went batshit crazy and there is none of these types around I guess.

Uh huh, tell us more how the left went batshit crazy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

It’s called Real Wages. There’s a report for that. Post Covid, working class people have seen their pay go up pretty remarkably.