Did Trump commit treason today?

TexArcher

Did Trump commit treason today?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Did Trump commit treason today?

So had Trump whispered something in Putins ear like, " look, once I'm back in Washington I'll have a little bit more flexibility 

to negotiate with you". Would that comment be construed as kissing his ass, working around congress, or creating back room deals ?

I always find it interesting that for the past 35 years, wherever Trump goes he has been followed by a swarm of lawsuits, detractors, and investigations.

And in all of those cases over the past 35 years, everyone who has ever opposed, sued, investigated or spoken out against Trump has been a liar or is somehow acting outside the rules of ethics and legality. All those people have been liars, bad people, a "disgrace". Words that Trump has been forced to use over and over again over decades.  

Apparently, Trump has been the only bearer of decency and legality over all those years. And he just has the worst luck of any person ever, because he's just been followed by these hundreds of disgraceful liars who have made these accusations about him, all of which apparently were false or fake. It's incredible really. Almost impossible to believe.

Some might say Trump has the worst luck of any person in human history.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

So had Trump whispered something in Putins ear like, " look, once I'm back in Washington I'll have a little bit more flexibility 

to negotiate with you". Would that comment be construed as kissing his ass, working around congress, or creating back room deals ?

None of the above? 

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

That's a pathetic But Obama!, even for you. 

10 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Fucking shit, the IC and the “witch hunt” which has only laid out a couple dozen indictments and isn’t focused on Trump ARE NOT THE SAME.  

Best not to cite the indictment of foreign nationals that have zero reason to ever respond to them.  The last time Mueller did that they actually showed up and he was so unprepared that he begged the court for more time.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-12/mueller-seeks-order-protecting-evidence-in-russia-troll-case

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

So, the answer to today's version- Yes.

Denying we're under attack by a country that, according to our most reliable sources, is attacking us, I call treason.

Master Traitor.

Yeah, today's news is much closer to the "actual definition" of treason.  

That being said, it's all fucked up, and arguing the semantics of whether or not the *PRESIDENT* technically committed treason  is a giant red fucking flag that we are all boned.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Yeah, today's news is much closer to the "actual definition" of treason.  

That being said, it's all fucked up, and arguing the semantics of whether or not the *PRESIDENT* technically committed treason  is a giant red fucking flag that we are all boned.

Yeah.  That's my favorite.  Well, he didn't *technically* commit treason, so he is still the best person out of 330,000,000 to lead our country.

6 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Don't try and highlight the hypocrisy of the left's outrage, it'll likely result in you being tracked down, slandered, and violently assaulted.  

Well you voted for Obama and I didn't, so who's the leftist now?

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/184857-Don-t-You-Ever-Get-Tired-Of-Being-Duped?p=11907046&viewfull=1#post11907046

I felt duped having discovered Ron Paul literally right after I cast my vote for Obama in 08'.

Because you said you did. Unless you lied, which I suppose I can't eliminate as a possibility.

Also...

*'08

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I also like that this thread has transformed from a snapshot poll of an event one day to an evergreen question we can address anew as each new horror unfolds.

Yes, same here. I think of it like one of those OSHA signs:

It has ben [0][0] days since Donald Trump committed treason.

• Like 3

this seems normal:

White House edits transcript of press conference to eliminate key exchange

Compare this transcript, of what actually happened, to the White House’s version. Here is the record of what took place, starting with the last part of Putin’s comments before Mason’s questions. Putin is describing his willingness to assist with Robert Mueller’s probe (bolding is mine):

Vladimir Putin: That could be a first step, and we can also extend it. Options abound, and they all can be found in an appropriate legal framework.

Jeff Mason: President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?

Putin: Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S.–Russia relationship back to normal.

And here’s the key section from the White House transcript, which makes it seem as though Putin is still talking about the Mueller probe:  

PRESIDENT PUTIN: That could be a first step, and we can also extend it. Options abound, and they all can be found in an appropriate legal framework.

Q: And did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?

PRESIDENT PUTIN:  Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S.–Russia relationship back to normal.

Another strange wrinkle comes from the Russian government’s English-language transcript of the press conference. In contrast to its footage of the press conference, which features what really happened, the transcript does not include any piece of that key exchange.

Gotta say, the trolls amuse me with the lazy straw man: "Oh, so you oppose the president meeting with Putin?  You oppose him meeting with Un?"

Nope.  Never said that -- nobody did.

We oppose him meeting with Putin...in private....with no other American there to hear or know what happens.

We opposed him meeting with Un....with exactly zero preparation or game plan (and I know with actual certainty from insiders that is exactly what happened).  Notably, those same insiders actually did NOT have a problem with the concept of a face-to-face meeting, so long as we had a coherent strategy, real goals, and an actual plan for achieving them.

The trolls aren't even good at the trolling thing anymore.  SAD!

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/184857-Don-t-You-Ever-Get-Tired-Of-Being-Duped?p=11907046&viewfull=1#post11907046

Because you said you did. Unless you lied, which I suppose I can't eliminate as a possibility.

Also...

*'08

Ah yes, I did, then I discovered Ron Paul and Liberty....there you go. You got me bro!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, American Swindle said:

Don't try and highlight the hypocrisy of the left's outrage, it'll likely result in you being tracked down, slandered, and violently assaulted.   

your tribalism is definitely not showing.

Just now, American Swindle said:

Ah yes, I did, then I discovered Ron Paul and Liberty....there you go. You got me bro!

Uh, I didn't consider reminding you of your own words a gotcha, but I suppose if it's hard for you to keep things straight it might be. In which case you're welcome.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Gotta say, the trolls amuse me with the lazy straw man: "Oh, so you oppose the president meeting with Putin?  You oppose him meeting with Un?"

Nope.  Never said that -- nobody did.

We oppose him meeting with Putin...in private....with no other American there to hear or know what happens.

We opposed him meeting with Un....with exactly zero preparation or game plan (and I know with actual certainty from insiders that is exactly what happened).  Notably, those same insiders actually did NOT have a problem with the concept of a face-to-face meeting, so long as we had a coherent strategy, real goals, and an actual plan for achieving them.

The trolls aren't even good at the trolling thing anymore.  SAD!

First, I'm not nor ever was a troll.  It appears having a different opinion than the masses on things get's you labeled as such.  I asked you if you supported the meeting with Un and you only.  Never said you supported the meeting, but asked if you opposed it....a difference.  

It's all good though bro, remember, pink butcher paper, wrap at 165 internal, and lay off the liquid smoke. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Uh, I didn't consider reminding you of your own words a gotcha, but I suppose if it's hard for you to keep things straight it might be. In which case you're welcome.

Republicans always take quoting them verbatim as an unfair attack.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

First, I'm not nor ever was a troll.  It appears having a different opinion than the masses on things get's you labeled as such.  I asked you if you supported the meeting with Un and you only.  Never said you supported the meeting, but asked if you opposed it....a difference.  

It's all good though bro, remember, pink butcher paper, wrap at 165 internal, and lay off the liquid smoke. 

If you create a straw man -- "people are freaking out over the president meeting Putin!" -- then you are a troll, or a subliterate moron.  Those are the only choices.  I'm giving you the benefit of the IQ doubt and going with troll.

I don't have a blanket opposition to meeting with hostile foreign leaders.  I oppose doing so without 1) a detailed strategy, with all reasonable alternatives and backup plans laid out in advance, 2) complete intelligence (you can't get it if you won't even listen to a briefing), or 3) another American in the room.

Just like I'm not opposed to a pleasant walk in the winter snow.  I just think that doing so without shoes or a coat is fucking stupid.  And you would be here saying "why are you so mad that people like to walk in the snow?!?!?"  Because you're a fucking troll.  And if you employ a straw man, you are -- by definition -- a LYING fucking troll.

So, in summary, go fuck yourself.

11 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

And what tribe did you assume I was a part of with this?

the i pretend to be a superior, detached libertarian that voted for ron paul/gary johnson but carry the water for republicans by making straw man arguments against "the left" (whatever the fuck that is) tribe?

maininblack has it covered. 

you demonstrated you don't have the depth for anything meaningful in the hilarious exchange we had over corporate tax rates in oecd countries about a year ago on shaggy.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, sidis said:

the i pretend to be a superior, detached libertarian that voted for ron paul/gary johnson but carry the water for republicans by making straw man arguments against "the left" (whatever the fuck that is) tribe?

maininblack has it covered. 

you demonstrated you don't have the depth for anything meaningful in the hilarious exchange we had over corporate tax rates in oecd countries about a year ago on shaggy.

Wow you remembered an argument we had from over a year ago?  

• Like 1

it wasn't really an argument but yes, i remember most things.  i am not a superficial, thoughtless person that forgets who i voted for...or someone who acts enlightened while admitting they didn't even know who ron paul was until after november 2008.

While making an argument for better diplomacy sounds like a noble idea in a vacuum, the entire thing falls apart when you consider Trump's history of hurting diplomacy with Canada, Mexico, and the EU. It makes absolutely no sense when you see the argument in broader context. That's why it's trolling, because everyone knows and understands how Trump will behave with regards to Putin/other dictators as opposed to literally any world leader. 

Trump doesn't care for better diplomacy, and that has been apparent from before the election. He wants to cozy up to Putin, at the expense of anyone and everyone. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TornACL said:

I always find it interesting that for the past 35 years, wherever Trump goes he has been followed by a swarm of lawsuits, detractors, and investigations.

And in all of those cases over the past 35 years, everyone who has ever opposed, sued, investigated or spoken out against Trump has been a liar or is somehow acting outside the rules of ethics and legality. All those people have been liars, bad people, a "disgrace". Words that Trump has been forced to use over and over again over decades.  

Apparently, Trump has been the only bearer of decency and legality over all those years. And he just has the worst luck of any person ever, because he's just been followed by these hundreds of disgraceful liars who have made these accusations about him, all of which apparently were false or fake. It's incredible really. Almost impossible to believe.

Some might say Trump has the worst luck of any person in human history.   

Billionaires attract lawyers and shady people looking to make a buck...

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

.....which is why Trump vehemently opposed the sanctions passed by Congress, as well as any suggestion of further sanctions.

giphy.gif

Why do we (the US)  need more sanctions against Russia?  That is exactly what makes us look like the sole bad guy.  if Trump can get NATO to finally step up and help by increasing defense spending, and start increasing troop counts as near Russia's borders as possible  like wolves surrounding an elk herd - call it military excercises or drills ...Then start covertly selling arms to his enemies that he is at war with...Get Germany to buy fuel from us or our Allies; instead of, Russia.  Increase the supply of oil so the prices drop.    All this would drive Putin crazy and bring him to the meeting table with a much more flexible attitude.  We have played patty cakes with him for much too long...All he understands is power,  and we need bargaining chips to show him we have it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

If you create a straw man -- "people are freaking out over the president meeting Putin!" -- then you are a troll, or a subliterate moron.  Those are the only choices.  I'm giving you the benefit of the IQ doubt and going with troll. 

This is true. The hard part is differentiating between someone being disingenuous or just simply lacking an adequate education. Ann Coulter engages in this line of reasoning on a daily basis. However, its clear she is being disingenuous when she does it and is pretty much just trolling. The people that parrot her or Sean Hannity often don't realize it's a terrible way to reason and are just plain ignorant. I'm not sure which one is worse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/world/europe/trump-intelligence-russian-election-meddling-.html

Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

This guy is such a fucking lying sack of shit. Just so he can yell, witch hunt! No wonder John Brennan hates his ass.

Edited by burntorangebongos
Shit, in the wrong thread but I guess this might fit here afterall.

7 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/world/europe/trump-intelligence-russian-election-meddling-.html

Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

This guy is such a fucking lying sack of shit. Just so he can yell, witch hunt! No wonder John Brennan hates his ass.

I'm throwing this novel out, it's too unbelievable to hold my interest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

Why isn’t this the biggest story everywhere right now?  I’m flipping around the news channels and nothing.