Who is winning the great $9.95 Longhorn streaming wars?

SimkinsMan

20 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

My man, I hope you didn’t miss this classic thread…

https://ontexasfootball.com/forums/topic/1523-mr-williams/#comment-19277

This man's spelling and grammar makes dziii seem like a room temp IQ

Wilson WR looked good. A few RB looked ok. Dline looked on par for SEC Oline looked on par DB's looked kinda bad tbh Wr's beside Wilson looked JAG Alot of FG's lol 3 MISSED fg's too Lagway looked like a freshman, but will be good maybe not this year but def next season. Mertz looked like yr 2 quinn

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

My man, I hope you didn’t miss this classic thread…

https://ontexasfootball.com/forums/topic/1523-mr-williams/#comment-19277

Sadly I probably would have missed that. I did see "NuthinButDahorns34" educate everyone that mock drafts are just predictions, and not something that has happened yet. Perhaps I should rethink my stance, and just consider that place a comedy gold mine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Wilson WR looked good. A few RB looked ok. Dline looked on par for SEC Oline looked on par DB's looked kinda bad tbh Wr's beside Wilson looked JAG Alot of FG's lol 3 MISSED fg's too Lagway looked like a freshman, but will be good maybe not this year but def next season. Mertz looked like yr 2 quinn

simmons.jpg

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Sadly I probably would have missed that. I did see "NuthinButDahorns34" educate everyone that mock drafts are just predictions, and not something that has happened yet. Perhaps I should rethink my stance, and just consider that place a comedy gold mine. 

i'm with you man. i love what Bobby and Gerry are doing with the YouTube channel, but their site just isn't for me.  nothing wrong with that.

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

i'm with you man. i love what Bobby and Gerry are doing with the YouTube channel, but their site just isn't for me.  nothing wrong with that.

Samesies. Love the channel, but the site is a miss for me, personally. 

4 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Samesies. Love the channel, but the site is a miss for me, personally. 

So the OPs are the main thing on that site not the comments section. 

5 hours ago, immamac said:

So the OPs are the main thing on that site not the comments section. 

Spider’s thoughts that you quoted kind of concern me. I was thinking that place was a perfect fit for him and he’d just naturally migrate over there, raising the IQ of both sites in the process. 

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

The main value of that site is to see if you can get a fellow old person or mod pissed off

The poster demographics and behaviors are shocking. I think one of every three posters is posting under their own real name on there. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I think one of every three posters is posting under their own real name on there. 

With a real picture of themselves as their avatar. I think a few were taken at Glamour Shots. 

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

A bunch of them got all up in arms about someone calling Ketchum "fat". I said "But he's also a terrible person, so calling him fat is like a compliment". That post was deleted. The others are still up.

LMAO. That was me. I did that in case some dweeb cross posted Fat Ketch info over there. I’ll keep talking my shit on here

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

A bunch of them got all up in arms about someone calling Ketchum "fat". I said "But he's also a terrible person, so calling him fat is like a compliment". That post was deleted. The others are still up.

Haha, very reasonable and great post for this site. You should keep your sub and continue posting both places. 

4 minutes ago, HillCountryBevo said:

That OTF website is beyond awful. Ending my subscription and getting free info from here instead of having to scroll through people sucking one of the mods off or asking dumb questions with one eye open 

you are part of the problem.. as Longhorn fans..we should come together.. not just posters but all reporters. Only enemy is non Longhorn fans/media 

lol Bobby really said something like that lol..  As much as the OTF board cringes some of us.. I do believe there are people who love it.  

Just now, Thiefery said:

you are part of the problem.. as Longhorn fans..we should come together.. not just posters but all reporters. Only enemy is non Longhorn fans/media 

lol Bobby really said something like that lol..  As much as the OTF board cringes some of us.. I do believe there are people who love it.  

Bobby GH are best in business, not taking that away. I’ll still watch YouTube OTF and take my $5 to Burnt Ends on here

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Some of the replies recoiling at the idea that someone would call Ketchum fat were just amazing. "Why, I've never! In fact I'm finding it hard to type while I clutch my pearls!". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, HillCountryBevo said:

Bobby GH are best in business, not taking that away. I’ll still watch YouTube OTF and take my $5 to Burnt Ends on here

The sub pays for the YouTube OTF fwiw. Instead of letting YT take 50% of subs as a platform fee. 

Like I said before. That site isn’t for talking about anything it’s for reading the OP and asking clarifying questions not interacting with the other members. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

The sub pays for the YouTube OTF fwiw. Instead of letting YT take 50% of subs as a platform fee. 

Like I said before. That site isn’t for talking about anything it’s for reading the OP and asking clarifying questions not interacting with the other members. 

It's crazy how people don't seem to understand that none of it exists without requisite support.

That forum can be as cringey as it wants, just ignore everyone other than the admin/mods and you're set. Find the ignorant posts funny and let the mods deal with the lame discussion.

Discuss things the way you are used to on Surly or go fuck yourself. Either one works.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It's crazy how people don't seem to understand that none of it exists without requisite support.

That forum can be as cringey as it wants, just ignore everyone other than the admin/mods and you're set. Find the ignorant posts funny and let the mods deal with the lame discussion.

Discuss things the way you are used to on Surly or go fuck yourself. Either one works.

There’s a reason I don’t do sub drives or push subs here. This site is a free site that has ways to contribute it e and get things like more rep or more storage for the treefiddy membership. 

Over there everyone is getting paid. CJ doesn’t work for free, Gerry doesn’t work for free, Rod doesn’t work for free. No one is just going on air every day and grinding it out on the phones and in person just because they love Texas. This is their livelihood. 

I can tell you the philosophy once profitability is achieved is going to be similar to Surly’s. Invest in the community and building even better content. It’s not about the money and the net profit with OTF. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

l2SpTqt1GogboNnBm.webp

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Use this landing page if you just want the OP with the comments minimized. 

https://ontexasfootball.com/news/

I remember 247 used to have a feature where you could filter threads to only show posts from users you're following. Sort of like a blanket ignore list feature where the user whitelists people instead of blacklisting. That would be pretty useful. 

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Spider’s thoughts that you quoted kind of concern me. I was thinking that place was a perfect fit for him and he’d just naturally migrate over there, raising the IQ of both sites in the process. 

The poster demographics and behaviors are shocking. I think one of every three posters is posting under their own real name on there. 

Hey, you dickless mongoloid, even I have my limits. There are steps to saying stupid shit, and even I can't be with those whiny, 90 year old plebs. 

• Haha 1

Oh shit, @immamac is gonna need to go break up a rumble at the OTF site, or at least Bobby Burton will need to write another sternly worded post: one old pulled out his Big Book of 1950’s Insults and called ‘25 recruit Jordon Davison a “pansy” for allegedly leaving Texas out of his Top 4 due to competition concerns. Now, the other posters are calling the pansy-pointer a meanie.

https://ontexasfootball.com/forums/topic/1560-jordon-davison-top-4-revealed/#comment-20165

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Oh shit, @immamac is gonna need to go break up a rumble at the OTF site, or at least Bobby Burton will need to write another sternly worded post: one old pulled out his Big Book of 1950’s Insults and called ‘25 recruit Jordon Davison a “pansy” for allegedly leaving Texas out of his Top 4 due to competition concerns. Now, the other posters are calling the pansy-pointer a meanie.

https://ontexasfootball.com/forums/topic/1560-jordon-davison-top-4-revealed/#comment-20165

Big Brother Fight GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I mean that guy is being a huge dick to the kid. It’s a bad look over there. 

Over here idgaf what you say about recruits as long as it’s not racista or any kind of -phobic related to things they can’t change/don’t matter 

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2024 at 9:54 PM, Viper said:

I remember 247 used to have a feature where you could filter threads to only show posts from users you're following. Sort of like a blanket ignore list feature where the user whitelists people instead of blacklisting. That would be pretty useful. 

You would have like 3 posts left

• Haha 2

On 5/5/2024 at 11:12 AM, immamac said:

I mean that guy is being a huge dick to the kid. It’s a bad look over there. 

Over here idgaf what you say about recruits as long as it’s not racista or any kind of -phobic related to things they can’t change/don’t matter 

image.thumb.png.9f8cc88859734f5475ffe0883841ba67.png

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Holy fuck, what the fuck am I looking at and reading:

image.thumb.png.657bcc7425f7ec6fafd2bf1378252303.png

I'm entirely too partial to my own avatar, but goddamn this is the first time I think I've ever been tempted to change it up. LOOK AT THIS:

image.png.69b9d82d811ad3eb4495aeab0e771b34.png

STARE INTO THE DEAD EYES OF THIS PENSION-ELIGIBLE MIDDLE-SCHOOL HISTORY TEACHER. THIS MOTHERFUCKER HAS SEEN SOME SHIT. 

Also, this knob who thought it was a great idea to make his avatar a pic of himself trying to hold in a shit is another fellow who made...a choice. Fuck it, he said, lets just completely dox mystelf with this pic of me trying my hardest to keep a river of molten shit on the inside.

image.png.a2a5308fa20bbc844b7f443704aa85d8.png

If memory serves on some earlier iteration of shaggy or maybe even orangebloods or 247 had an NLeininger as a poster. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm entirely too partial to my own avatar, but goddamn this is the first time I think I've ever been tempted to change it up. LOOK AT THIS:

STARE INTO THE DEAD EYES OF THIS PENSION-ELIGIBLE MIDDLE-SCHOOL HISTORY TEACHER. THIS MOTHERFUCKER HAS SEEN SOME SHIT. 

Also, this knob who thought it was a great idea to make his avatar a pic of himself trying to hold in a shit is another gay who made...a choice. Fuck it, he said, lets just completely dox mystelf with this pic of me trying my hardest to keep a river of molten shit on the inside.

If memory serves on some earlier iteration of shaggy or maybe even orangebloods or 247 had an NLeininger as a poster. 

By gawd, that's Bill Bedenbaugh

image.png.118ba142e3b02c13384fff8371f1f18a.png

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm entirely too partial to my own avatar, but goddamn this is the first time I think I've ever been tempted to change it up.

All of us should each take one of the avatars from over there as our own.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also, this knob who thought it was a great idea to make his avatar a pic of himself trying to hold in a shit is another gay who made...a choice. Fuck it, he said, lets just completely dox mystelf with this pic of me trying my hardest to keep a river of molten shit on the inside.

Neil has some doozy takes if one ever ventures into the hornet's nest known as the comment sections on OTF. His favorite thing to do is just reiterate what he heard on the YouTube show in his own words.

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Neil has some doozy takes if one ever ventures into the hornet's nest known as the comment sections on OTF. His favorite thing to do is just reiterate what he heard on the YouTube show in his own words.

LOL. So basically the jkates et al of the world. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also, this knob who thought it was a great idea to make his avatar a pic of himself trying to hold in a shit is another gay who made...a choice. 

Moderator warning!  Don't assume you know the sexuality of someone based on a picture. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's been about a month and a half, so let's see who's moving up, and who's moving down. The averages below are for the last 12 live streams on each outlet's YouTube channel.

ON TEXAS FOOTBALL (45,200 subs)

March 17: 4,640 views

May 7: 6,430 views

INSIDE TEXAS (7,100 subs)

March 17: 2,470 views

May 7: 3,420 views

ORANGEBLOODS (18,900 subs)

March 17: 1,960 views

May 7: 2,110 views

Analysis: All of the channels saw growth during the last six weeks, but On Texas Football did the best both in terms of raw numbers and percentage growth. At this point Bobby and co. are averaging significantly more than IT and Orangebloods combined.

I'll try to do this again at the end of June, when there should be more activity following the Texas summer camps and likely more commitments to talk about. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

It's been about a month and a half, so let's see who's moving up, and who's moving down. The averages below are for the last 12 live streams on each outlet's YouTube channel.

ON TEXAS FOOTBALL (45,200 subs)

March 17: 4,640 views

May 7: 6,430 views

INSIDE TEXAS (7,100 subs)

March 17: 2,470 views

May 7: 3,420 views

ORANGEBLOODS (18,900 subs)

March 17: 1,960 views

May 7: 2,110 views

Analysis: All of the channels saw growth during the last six weeks, but On Texas Football did the best both in terms of raw numbers and percentage growth. At this point Bobby and co. are averaging significantly more than IT and Orangebloods combined.

I'll try to do this again at the end of June, when there should be more activity following the Texas summer camps and likely more commitments to talk about. 

i listened to OTF every morning as I log in to work..

Still the only platform where they cut through the hot air and just deliver the latest news on the football team, recruiting and other UT sports.  It really is a breath of fresh air

• Hook 'Em 2

What in God's Holy Name is this shit? I think we know who is NOT winning the $9.95 Streaming Wars...and we also know that Chip is running the Graphics Department as well:

image.png.1dadddabb6e30119785568802aed09eb.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

What in God's Holy Name is this shit? I think we know who is NOT winning the $9.95 Streaming Wars...and we also know that Chip is running the Graphics Department as well:

image.png.1dadddabb6e30119785568802aed09eb.png

This is Brian Kellner's (BKs) channel right? He's a cool guy, he left his Houston sports gig to return to Austin and try this.  This picture reminds me of the netzero days... site that had free internet...

• Hook 'Em 1