PSA: Macy’ Sale on Tuxedos $109

So….this being the last group on earth that still wears tuxedos…

No shit. Kenneth Cole Reaction modern cut tuxedos for $109 plus tax and free shipping. Normal sizes available.

Just reoutfitted myself and both sons for an upcoming wedding…for less than it would cost to rent one for one of them

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/kenneth-cole-reaction-mens-slim-fit-ready-flex-tuxedo-suit?ID=13054959

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Dibs on "Prostate Tuxedo" for gala band name.  

I gotta look into this deal.  My old one is wearing out from having it tailored so many times as my weight fluctuated for so many years.  But now that I'm thinner (or less fat I guess), I should spring for a new one.  As stated above, by the time you rent a couple times to fit a new body type up/down, you may as well just spring for new one.  I care about suit quality, but I've never given fuck one about how my tuxes or anybody else's looks unless Spalding pukes on it.  

Thanks for the heads up, gonna check it out.

I rarely wear suits, havent bought a new one in quite a while, and dont have a clue what is fashionable these days. Next time I need to wear a suit, I'd be out there wearing socks and my suit pants probably have a slight break resting on my shoes. Browsing the Macy's sale, wtf is this no-socks "highwater" shit all about? Its a brave new world out there. 

image.png.a816633205464f6b428df6899416406e.png

I bought my last tux in 1993. I wore it a year ago and I hate the style. It was fine in the '90s but loose fit legs and a full break just looks like an old man tux.  (I may in fact be an old man, but I work my ass off to be in shape and if I want was dress like a dumb-ass 30-something, then Fuck you, I'm doing it.)

There's a 50/50 chance it doesn't fit, but for $119 it's worth  the shot. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

About 5 years ago, last deal we went to before Covid probably that was black-tie.  I was in my cycle of weight fluctuation and was at the high end again.  I guess I was sympathy eating with my then pregnant wife.  And I didn't even bother to check my tux, and it was too late to get it tailored.  I had all the shirts and ties, but I just could do the pants and the jacket looked silly on me.  So I scramble and find this (then) brand new service called The Black Tux.  It was some start-up that partnered with Nordstrom.  So I run up there Thursday to get measured, they ship it and I pick it up on Friday, go to the deal on Saturday, and then just put it in a pre-labeled box Monday morning and done.  I think because it was a new company trying to make a splash, I remember it was like $60 all-in, probably what it would have cost to me get last-minute tailoring and it looked/fit nicer than my usual tux.  I looked it up after reading this thread, it's now $260 for the same experience.  That's fucking insane for a rental.  

I know all of our wives/girlfriends have similar experiences of having to spend $300 on a bridesmaid dress that they'll wear one time, but there's a racket in here somewhere we can profit off of.  

Probably last time I wore mine was during Covid when my oldest wanted to know, from movies probably, what I looked like in a tuxedo.  And one of my favorite pictures of us stuck at home is me in my shirt, cuff links, proper tie, and jacket with pocket square.  And it's tight on me (not Tommy Boy tight, but close), and I'm wearing Burnt Orange gym shorts and flip flops.  But she has the biggest smile on her face as I serve her breakfast in it.  Other than that, I hate wearing a tux /csb

Edited by YGIFS

16 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Need one for a wedding on September 7th. Yes, some dickface planned his wedding on the same day we are playing meat chicken. I’m annoyed but this deal helps. Thanks for posting, op. 

Find a slightly darker orange version  of this and tell the dude its his own fucking fault

image.png.13abef3ca1ec25248b0405487f2a263b.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

17 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I bought my last tux in 1993. I wore it a year ago and I hate the style. It was fine in the '90s but loose fit legs and a full break just looks like an old man tux.  (I may in fact be an old man, but I work my ass off to be in shape and if I want was dress like a dumb-ass 30-something, then Fuck you, I'm doing it.)

image.gif.7e7fc8af1ef1ccef5afb5b67722598c5.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

No shit. Kenneth Cole Reaction modern cut tuxedos for $109 plus tax and free shipping. Normal sizes available.

Just reoutfitted myself and both sons for an upcoming wedding…for less than it would cost to rent one for one of them

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/kenneth-cole-reaction-mens-slim-fit-ready-flex-tuxedo-suit?ID=13054959

13 hours ago, That Guy said:

Need one for a wedding on September 7th. Yes, some dickface planned his wedding on the same day we are playing meat chicken. I’m annoyed but this deal helps. Thanks for posting, op. 

Spend four times as much on the gift as you planned and decline the RSVP.

The only way we stop this shit is if you idiots stop going to fall weddings. 

If the groom is a Texas Ex I can tell you right now that marriage is doomed.. Tell him you'll go to his next one.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Serious thanks to OP.  I have a wedding in August that is black tie, and I was already thinking about how ripped off I was going to get on the rental.  At this price, might as well buy one, even knowing that it will need to be altered.

If you’re in Austin, I got a great tailor for tuxes/suits.  She does brilliant work and quick turnaround.  

I never understood September/Early October weddings in Texas.  It’s not just football, it’s not just about saving some off-peak money.  It’s still fucking hot as balls.  It’s one thing to ask your groomsmen to spend 10 hrs in a dark wool jacket in 95* weather.  It’s another thing to ask your obese Aunt or elderly grandmother to stay in formalwear for that amount of time as well.  /rant 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If you’re in Austin, I got a great tailor for tuxes/suits.  She does brilliant work and quick turnaround.  

I never understood September/Early October weddings in Texas.  It’s not just football, it’s not just about saving some off-peak money.  It’s still fucking hot as balls.  It’s one thing to ask your groomsmen to spend 10 hrs in a dark wool jacket in 95* weather.  It’s another thing to ask your obese Aunt or elderly grandmother to stay in formalwear for that amount of time as well.  /rant 

I am in the Austin area and would love a name for a tailor.

So in addition to the wedding in mid August (in SC) in which I need the tux, I just received a save the date for a wedding on August 31st in Austin.  Was the surface of the sun already booked?  I'm sure folks are going to love sacrificing Labor Day weekend and the first full weekend of college football to come to your wedding and sweat their balls off.  And neither he nor his fiancé are from Texas, so their closest family and friends will all have to travel.  At least this is local for me.

Edited by Wiler77
words
  • Haha 2

On 4/10/2024 at 8:08 PM, rage-a-holic said:

oh yeah, definitely for Surly types

image.png.83c2d756ace7c06cf2743b41417d8471.png

Seeing as how my grandson’s tux rental fee was $250 for his cousin’s wedding - and he is a slim fit type (unlike his grandpa) - Mrs. Brat & I thought it would be a smart idea to order one of these inexpensive tuxes for him to have on hand just in case any of his friends get married in the near future. 
Or if he and his girlfriend get serious…. 
(He can buy his own Italian pimp shoes though)

IMG_5456.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/12/2024 at 9:11 AM, Wiler77 said:

I am in the Austin area and would love a name for a tailor.

So in addition to the wedding in mid August (in SC) in which I need the tux, I just received a save the date for a wedding on August 31st in Austin.  Was the surface of the sun already booked?  I'm sure folks are going to love sacrificing Labor Day weekend and the first full weekend of college football to come to your wedding and sweat their balls off.  And neither he nor his fiancé are from Texas, so their closest family and friends will all have to travel.  At least this is local for me.

So it's Couture Tailors.  In one of those old-ass 'office' centers off Bee Caves & Westlake Drive.  Can't remember her name, super nice Asian lady and her family run it.  I did have one pair of pants that I didn't like the new lining, of, but otherwise after many years of patronage---been very pleased.  Their overhead is pretty modest so it's not expensive, but not cheap.  But quality work, quick turnaround.  And yeah, nice little bonus---while you're waiting---it's nothing by but Westlake MILFs getting fitted/stuff tailored and you get to see them come out to the mirror podium and adjust their stuff.  I had a guy off of 35th Street that did great work, but it was pricy and he took forever and a day.  Which is fine sometimes.  The way my weight used to fluctuate, I wouldn't realize a suit or tux wouldn't fit right or fit loose so I'd need faster, but still high quality, service.  She delivers every time.  I seem to have settled back again after only one big movement in 2 years, but would still use her for minor tweaks.  And again, the waiting area...

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/12/2024 at 8:41 AM, YGIFS said:

I never understood September/Early October weddings in Texas.  It’s not just football, it’s not just about saving some off-peak money.  It’s still fucking hot as balls.

Late September / Early October are rarely hot as balls.  I'm on marriage #2, both in that timeframe (avoided game conflicts), and both were absolutely amazing in terms of weather.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/13/2024 at 4:43 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Late September / Early October are rarely hot as balls.  I'm on marriage #2, both in that timeframe (avoided game conflicts), and both were absolutely amazing in terms of weather.

I'd normally agree, but take "Late September" to start, September 16th+.  91* is the average (and getting hotter each year).  With most weddings being outdoors now (the church model/hotel banquet hall seems to be quickly falling outta favor with younger generations and second marriages).  In a wool tuxedo or suit, midday to make for an evening reception.  To me, that's "hot as balls."  If we're running around in shorts and jumping in the water, it's totally fine.  But not in formalwear with the groom's obese 80 year old aunt in a long sleeve sequin dress.  I dunno, maybe you guys all just attend the weddings of triathletes.  

Anyway, I need to get my ass over to Macy's by month's end.  This is too good a deal to pass up.  

1 hour ago, PilotsError said:

I’ve been to six Texas weddings in the past two years. Not one was outside.  

you people need better friends. 

I don't know if you ever go out into the Hill Country, but there are now dozens upon dozens of outdoor/covered wedding venues.  I don't create the venues nor the weather nor the bride's choices in what the men should wear.  I think I've been to maybe 5 weddings in the last decade, most of them out of town.  But we pull CoStar reports all the time on multi-family properties out in the Hill Country to upgrade and sell.  Many of them have units specifically set aside for STR's, and so they aggregate booking information from dozens and dozens of venues out there.  And yeah, July & August are usually empty except for maybe a wine tour or family reunion.  But Sep-Dec & Feb-Jun.  Many of the properties, while the rent roll for 12-mo leases is like 85%, the STR rentals are 95%.  Granted there's some festivals out there and wine tours and bridesmaids parties.  But it's by and large weddings, and primarily outdoor even in Sep/Oct/May/June which are not oppressively hot...but ain't exactly comfy in black wool either.  Formalwear will never go out of style, hence why this sale is of great import.  But the church/hotel ballroom model is dying.  I'm in a hotel conference/events hall every single week in Austin for meetings and I can't remember the last time I saw on the screen deal outside, "5:00p, Rodgers Family Wedding Reception."  But every single outdoor wedding venue in the Hill Country, and many even closer into town are booked up 35 weekends per year.  So now that I think about it, gotta get a tropical lining for the thing.

On 4/11/2024 at 12:18 AM, 0xdeadbeef said:

The $109 Tux from Macy's came in yesterday. 

My old expensive tux on the left and the new $109 Macy's slim-fit Tux on the right. Not tux shoes, and the new pants aren't altered yet, but yeah, that's worth a hundred bucks to me.

I feel like MC Hammer in the old tux; there's probably 50% more fabric in those pants..  I'm sure in 30 years we'll look at the current slim-fit suits with the same dis-like, but live in the moment.  

image.thumb.png.45c32444382d51b639e83369d05ae6f7.png

hat tip to OP.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

The $109 Tux from Macy's came in yesterday. 

My old expensive tux on the left and the new $109 Macy's slim-fit Tux on the right. Not tux shoes, and the new pants aren't altered yet, but yeah, that's worth a hundred bucks to me.

I feel like MC Hammer in the old tux; there's probably 50% more fabric in those pants..  I'm sure in 30 years we'll look at the current slim-fit suits with the same dis-like, but live in the moment.  

image.thumb.png.45c32444382d51b639e83369d05ae6f7.png

hat tip to OP.

I agree with your assessment, big upgrade in just style/cut to generally match the times. You look good! Money well spent.

Just tried mine on. Pants fit perfectly. Arm length on jacket is a tad short. Going to see if I can have that altered.  I only need like 1/2 inch or so.  If it can't be altered, it'll work.

Wish I could double rep OP.

On 4/10/2024 at 7:26 PM, MirrOlure said:

Sale price is gone…. Now $425.