The Dallas Stars 2024 Playoffs Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

mckinnon is their oxygen.  he's made some plays but we've snuffed him out pretty good so far.

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Makar/MacKinnon/Ratanen a combined -9 tonight. 

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

But the avs certainty aren't top heavy. They seem balanced enough

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wonder if roope already had an issue that caused his lackluster play this postseason that was aggravated by the cross check. 

He’s also been blocking shots with his body like crazy taking pucks all over pretty tough. 

Let’s get this series over early in 5 and fucking rest the old guys so they can show the fuck up

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

I would be stunned if Val returned to Colorado under any circumstance moving forward based on this

I'd be stunned if he returned to anywhere in the NHL.  He's just a garbage human being who has burned bridges everywhere he has been.

OTOH he can score goals, and there are always stupid, desperate GMs in the NHL.

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'd be stunned if he returned to anywhere in the NHL.  He's just a garbage human being who has burned bridges everywhere he has been.

OTOH he can score goals, and there are always stupid, desperate GMs in the NHL.

that was the original knock on him. there was question before the draft about his attitude and whether he really wanted to play in north america. when he first went back and played in the khl I honestly thought he'd stay there. if he gets clean I'm certain there is a gm who will pick him up if he decides to come back

Great game last night.  We sense they were wounded early and just attacked.  Then strong close out 3rd period to put it to bed without any issues.    Guess nothing about Roope yet.  Hopefully he isn't out long term.  He's clearly been battling something (or multiple things) for a while so hopefully just aggravation that gets better with some rest (particularly if we can close it out tomorrow without him) and not something new.

Yeah, they would call it "day-to-day" whether he could go tomorrow or shelved until November right?  I know hockey always vague with injuries in the playoffs but pretty sure not the same level of disclosure obligations compared to the NFL.    I thought Hakanpaa would have been back 2 weeks ago based on what was said before the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Skipper said:

Yeah, they would call it "day-to-day" whether he could go tomorrow or shelved until November right?  I know hockey always vague with injuries in the playoffs but pretty sure not the same level of disclosure obligations compared to the NFL.    I thought Hakanpaa would have been back 2 weeks ago based on what was said before the playoffs.

Andre Dawson has a bruised knee and is listed as day-to-day...aren't we all? - Vin Scully

6 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Fuck the Avs.  Especially Mackinnon, Walker and Colton.  Wish we could run out Derian Hatcher for some board to board counseling.

Or his fellow D-linemate Richard Matvichuk, for that matter.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Suter needs to chill with the dumb penalties. It’s one thing to get a penalty because you’re old and lost a step but that was just a cheapo. 

Suter does need to step up his play that he had his hand on the stick for a millisecond.  Bullshit call.

you are fucking kidding me. gotdammit

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

That wasn't a penalty. He moved the stock out of the way and he the avs player let it go and made it look like he was holding it. Bullshit call

agreed and now cost us a goal.  

Just now, shadow_operative2.0 said:

And now we convert. 

Yep these stupid fuckers getting desperate here

Stars are on fire

Lindell just layed out that dude lol