Jay Hartzell is not out standard

Dahobbs

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

In my world, criticism of "bullshit journalism" would have no concern for "one of our own" and money donated, but shockingly, you feel differently.  Everything is for sale with you guys.

Fair. His UT involvement is the only reason I commented, though. What do you mean, “you guys”?

13 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Dude is a massive art collector and has a few Hitler paintings

Other than that Mrs Lincoln how did you enjoy the play?

or if you’d rather 

….if you fuck just one sheep…

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Fair. And I wouldn’t do it. Also to be fair he doesn’t have Nazi shit all over his house. Dude is a massive art collector and has a few Hitler paintings. Still weird but it’s not like he arted up his house like Berlin in ‘39

Come on, Rex. You know he's a ghoul. Aside from that bizarre shit, he's using the Supreme Court as his personal urinal. And no matter the ideology of anyone partaking in that garbage, that's how the hogs at the trough levels similar to that of the House get established in the judicial branch. It isn't sustainable and it's the Mexico starter kit. 

3 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Come on, Rex. You know he's a ghoul. Aside from that bizarre shit, he's using the Supreme Court as his personal urinal. And no matter the ideology of anyone partaking in that garbage, that's how the hogs at the trough levels similar to that of the House get established in the judicial branch. It isn't sustainable and it's the Mexico starter kit. 

I like Mexico. Fine, fuck me in the goat ass. But it was a bullshit tweet. 

I’m still trying to figure out the part of her tweet that is wrong. Is it provocative? Of course. Is it not worth noting that Crow has signed on to a pro-Israel/anti-Palestine statement AND owning Nazi/Hitler art/memorabilia? Is that not noteworthy? I’m sure all of his Jewish guests love seeing Harlan’s copy of Mein Kampf or one of Hitler’s paintings when they visit his famed library.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I like Mexico. Fine, fuck me in the goat ass. But it was a bullshit tweet. 

I didn't even see the tweet. Like Donny, I stumbled up in the middle of the movie. I was just addressing Dr Creepenstein's curious fascist regime fetish.

Also, I like Mexico, too, but their govt has left little to be desired. 

Edited by Chooky

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Is it not worth noting that Crow has signed on to a pro-Israel/anti-Palestine statement AND owning Nazi/Hitler art/memorabilia?

How can someone be pro-Israel AND pro-Hitler?  COME ON!

Also, did you know Abraham Lincoln was a Republican?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

How can someone be pro-Israel AND pro-Hitler?  COME ON!

Also, did you know Abraham Lincoln was a Republican?

I don’t know that he’s pro Hitler but he’s definitely a fucking weirdo. His mom was on a passenger ship sunk by the Nazis so maybe that kicked off his obsession who knows. But the Supreme Court shit and buying citizenship in the Caribbean to avoid US taxes and who knows what else pretty much seals him as a POS in my book. 

eta he could be one of those end of times nuts. You could easily be pro Hitler and pro Isreal if you believe all that means the second coming is nigh

Edited by Sawbonz

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You could easily be pro Hitler and pro Isreal if you believe all that means the second coming is nigh

I don't think my sarcasm came through.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's some real smooth brained shit to suggest that a supporter of the No Labels Party is anti-Trump. The entire reason the No Labels Party exists is to siphon off moderate voters to aid Trump and Co. 

Even for Rex, that's fucking stupid. 

On 5/1/2024 at 10:44 AM, David Dennison said:

Imagine being so politicized you reject what are arguably the most beneficial discoveries of modern science.

Truly mind-bottling.

I mean, vaccines are pretty good and all, but the best thing modern science ever did is telling us about dinosaur dicks. 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xd7qnq/we-asked-a-paleontologist-which-dinosaur-had-the-biggest-dick-924

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Dude is a massive art collector and has a few Hitler paintings

Harrison Ford That Belongs In A Museum GIF

My man, choosing to keep a Hitler in your home is a fuckin CHOICE. If he thinks there's some cultural significance, donate it to a fucking museum and don't glorify one of the most evil men in modern history 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Pods said:

The entire reason the No Labels Party exists is to siphon off moderate voters to aid Trump and Co. 

I honestly thought it’d siphon significantly from both. I’m quite certain he was a Trump supporter in ‘16 and ‘20; there’s just no direct record of it. 

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Harrison Ford That Belongs In A Museum GIF

My man, choosing to keep a Hitler in your home is a fuckin CHOICE. If he thinks there's some cultural significance, donate it to a fucking museum and don't glorify one of the most evil men in modern history 

Yeah I’d like a do-over on this whole discussion. The more I consider it the more I think it’s just weird. I should’ve never commented. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I admire the panache. If I were a billionaire, I’d try and own a SCJ and would avoid taxes too. 

Of course if you were a billionaire you’d avoid paying your fair share of money back to the country that allowed you to amass such wealth, and you’d subvert democracy in your favor. Quite the flex. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Of course if you were a billionaire you’d avoid paying your fair share of money back to the country that allowed you to amass such wealth, and you’d subvert democracy in your favor. Quite the flex. 

First of all it was a joke. Second, I said multiple times any criticism of him outside the limited scope of the tweet was fine. Third, I later wished I hadn’t made any comment at all. Fourth, I laughed at your meme. Fifth, I like Mexico. 

39 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

I don't know. Jay Hartzell is kinda my standard. Whomever is running Columbia is not my standard.

You're never going to believe this, but UC-Berkely BERKELY!!! BERKELY!!! seems like they're handling it the best by respecting speech and not calling in the cops to "crack skulls" and inflaming the protesters.

Berkeley takes light touch on Gaza protests. Columbia called the police

May 2 (Reuters) - At Columbia University, tensions between the administration and students protesting over Israel's war in Gaza have reached the point that scores of New York City police marched onto campus to clear an encampment and arrest demonstrators who had commandeered a classroom building.

It was the second time in as many weeks that the administration has called on police to control the protests. Students have been suspended, and threatened with expulsion. Police are now stationed around-the-clock on campus.

Nearly three thousand miles away at the University of California, Berkeley, the scene has been far different. Student demonstrations have so far taken place without arrests or disruption of campus operations.

The contrast in how protests have played out at the two prestigious institutions - both with long histories of student activism - illustrates the range of factors at play in how school administrations, students and the police navigate what can quickly turn into a full-blown crisis.

South of Berkeley at UCLA, part of the same university system, police on Thursday morning flattened a pro-Palestinian camp, a day after it was attacked by pro-Israel counter protesters. Authorities at the Los Angeles school had declared the encampment an unlawful assembly.

Similar crackdowns have occurred at colleges across the country, from Arizona State to Virginia Tech and Ohio State to Yale. Police have arrested around 2,000 campus protesters to date.

Still, some universities - including Berkeley, Northwestern and Brown - have managed to avoid confrontations between the police and students.

Education experts say these cases offer lessons in keeping tensions from boiling over, a key one being a university's experience with balancing student activism against pressure from donors, interest groups and politicians.

Berkeley Chancellor Carol Christ has allowed students to maintain a protest space on campus since they began erecting tents April 22 on the steps of Sproul Hall, where Martin Luther King gave a 1967 civil rights speech. Dan Mogulof, a spokesman for the university, said that remained the case Thursday, despite a scuffle Wednesday evening between the co-founder of a Zionist activist group and a pro-Palestinian protester. It was the first violence after days of peaceful assembly.

"We are urging everyone to avoid engaging in pointless provocation and physical conflict," Mogulof said, adding that Christ was in talks with encampment leaders after the Wednesday incident led to three minor injuries. He said the school would respond to violence in line with University of California policy.

That guidance tells administrators to avoid police involvement unless it's absolutely necessary and the physical safety of students, faculty and staff is threatened. That policy is rare, with most universities having some kind of regulation that prohibits permanent encampments or outlaws overnight student activities on campus.

The University of California system has seen in the past where police involvement can lead.

In a 2011 Berkeley protest during the Occupy movement against economic inequalities, campus police clubbed and jabbed students with batons. Then-Chancellor Robert J. Birgeneau later apologized, and the UC system shifted to the policy of restraint Berkeley spokesman Mogulof described.

• Hook 'Em 1

i just got a mail from the exes declaring support for hartzell in my name. 

I'm fairly unhappy about it but I'm just a nobody so whatever

This weekend, the Class of 2024 of The University of Texas at Austin will celebrate its Commencement. As we move forward as a community, the Board of Directors of the Texas Exes, the official alumni association of UT Austin, wishes to offer our support to President Jay Hartzell. 

We represent 570,000 alumni worldwide, and there is no way we can speak for such a large and diverse group, many of whom have vastly different opinions about the important global matters that sparked the recent protests at UT and elsewhere. We can, however, speak from our experience working closely with President Hartzell and watching him lead this community through some of the most challenging times our campus has experienced.  

During his time as president, we’ve seen firsthand that the safety and well-being of our students are President Hartzell’s primary focus. He is a thoughtful and principled leader who is fiercely committed to free speech. The job of a major public University president has always required making difficult decisions—but this is a time in our history when the crucial issues of our First Amendment rights and campus security must be constantly considered.  

This Board believes President Hartzell, with all the facts available to him, took appropriate action to protect students and prevent the campus from being overtaken or “occupied” by a group that included individuals who are not students, faculty, staff, or alumni during a pivotal time of the school year. He has the full support of the governing body of the Texas Exes.

Sincerely,
The Texas Exes Board of Directors

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i just got a mail from the exes declaring support for hartzell in my name. 

I'm fairly unhappy about it but I'm just a nobody so whatever

If you’re not on the Board, nothing was declared in your name. 

oh right. i see that important distinction is indeed made in the text. 

carry on no big deal. 

nevertheless, it's my opinion that the statement was unnecessary and I'm not particularly happy about it. in fact, a statement like this, the votes of confidence from old guard types, rarely ends well for the person in question. 

hartzell needs to go. throw eltife out with him. the call is coming from inside the house

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

nevertheless, it's my opinion that the statement was unnecessary and I'm not particularly happy about it. in fact, a statement like this, the votes of confidence from old guard types, rarely ends well for the person in question. 

hartzell needs to go. throw eltife out with him. the call is coming from inside the house

I don't pay much attention to LinkedIn, but one of my connections re-posted Hartzell's page & letter.  The number of people who lined up to fellate him was disgusting.  I think exactly two were critical.

I guess I shouldn't expect a much different demographic on that site, but still . . .

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't pay much attention to LinkedIn, but one of my connections re-posted Hartzell's page & letter.  The number of people who lined up to fellate him was disgusting.  I think exactly two were critical.

I guess I shouldn't expect a much different demographic on that site, but still . . .

Yea.....on a site of adults with real jobs versus idealistic students and weirdo faculty. What exactly did you expect originally?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BeardIP said:

Yea.....on a site of adults with real jobs versus idealistic students and weirdo faculty. What exactly did you expect originally?

I didn't expect anything, dumbass.  I was surprised to see it when I saw it.  And fuck "weirdo faculty", have some respect for your (alleged) alma mater.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Did you go to college? If so, who taught your classes or did you attend Liberty?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Did you go to college? If so, who taught your classes or did you attend Liberty?

Ha. I actually know a guy who was on faculty at Liberty who is BIPOC and liberal. He's also a football coach, fwiw.

On 5/4/2024 at 3:09 PM, Rex Kramer said:

I think it’s “weird” that we wouldn’t call out BS journalism when we see it, but perhaps this forum isn’t as open minded as it purports. 

Ahh yes, you're constant war to expose all the BS fox puts out on a daily basis has been admirable 

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

oh right. i see that important distinction is indeed made in the text. 

carry on no big deal. 

It’s a very important distinction. Get on the Board or effect change on the Board. Hartzell isn’t going anywhere. He was a strong head who’s been strengthened by his actions of the past several weeks.  Your opinion is in the small minority. 

7 minutes ago, Smax said:

Ahh yes, you're constant war to expose all the BS fox puts out on a daily basis has been admirable 

Look I’m over my defense of the indefensible but if I’d noticed a similar Fox tweet I’d definitely comment on it. 

For a guy who gives out so much guff about people who post about their relationship with UT higher-ups, you sure seem unable to shut the fuck about knowledge of what's going on inside UT/BOR/System.  Which is it smart guy?  

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

image.thumb.png.cecdfa8076298f45efa214267a805140.png

You'll have to tell us what it says. ISRAEL ____?____

Think it says "Isreal Isn't SEC"

Seriously though, blurry, backward and turned upside down that second word is hard to make out. 

• Haha 2

On 5/10/2024 at 9:00 AM, jimmyjazz said:

I don't pay much attention to LinkedIn, but one of my connections re-posted Hartzell's page & letter.  The number of people who lined up to fellate him was disgusting.  I think exactly two were critical

Maybe he actually handled it well, in hindsight.

I hope the athletic department can survive all the Surly CR withdrawing financial support for the University as long as Hartzell is in charge. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, lucious leftfoot said:

Maybe he actually handled it well, in hindsight.

He absolutely did not.

I hope the athletic department can survive all the Surly CR withdrawing financial support for the University as long as Hartzell is in charge. 

I don't give a flying fuck whether any support I withhold causes financial grief, it obviously won't.  It doesn't mean I should just cut the check anyway, does it?

• Hook 'Em 1

Any idea that either Hartzell or Eltife will suffer even the slightest hint of losing their respective positions is laughable. Each is entrenched in their respective positions for as long as they choose to be (unless Eltife’s position has a specific term, that I don’t know).

15 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Any idea that either Hartzell or Eltife will suffer even the slightest hint of losing their respective positions is laughable. Each is entrenched in their respective positions for as long as they choose to be (unless Eltife’s position has a specific term, that I don’t know).

True, because UT has been weaponized.