Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

41 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Every rational person knows how we ended up here. Including the nato leader. It just requires an attention span that most Americans are not capable of. 

So weird how a renowned independent thinker such as Anastasis always lands on the exact narrative pushed by everyone's uncle that never shuts up at Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

I've been out of this forum for a while and this thread is hard to follow.  I have no idea what position anyone takes on anything; I'm not even sure what the topic is at this point.  At first I thought sausage was a metaphor.  

3 minutes ago, axiom of foundation said:

I've been out of this forum for a while and this thread is hard to follow.  I have no idea what position anyone takes on anything; I'm not even sure what the topic is at this point.  At first I thought sausage was a metaphor.  

You’ve never made sausage then.  Like really made sausage. spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Said in serious fashion by the guys that give standing ovations to nazis because they have pretty basic lack of awareness of history and context. 

I've been drinking while watching cfb and interesting mlb games the last few hours but really @Anastasis? Your entry in this conversation was to accused audience members who were told to applaud for someone they had no particular reason to cause a scene over, that they were cheering for nazis as if giving overt approval of nazis? If I shake hands with someone at my church/social club/job, am I appoving their life history? I agree with many if your claims that critical thinking is sorely lacking in many facets of life but you laid a giant turd in the punch bowl here and then were affronted when called our by it.

• Hook 'Em 4

34 minutes ago, axiom of foundation said:

AOC kicking ass, Canadian nazis, Ken Paxton, sausage fest, both-siderism... we're dealing with a lot of shit!

image.thumb.png.2e82104a59eb6a2657a9ed3cab9a8cfe.png

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I've been drinking while watching cfb and interesting mlb games the last few hours but really @Anastasis? Your entry in this conversation was to accused audience members who were told to applaud for someone they had no particular reason to cause a scene over, that they were cheering for nazis as if giving overt approval of nazis? If I shake hands with someone at my church/social club/job, am I appoving their life history? I agree with many if your claims that critical thinking is sorely lacking in many facets of life but you laid a giant turd in the punch bowl here and then were affronted when called our by it.

Politicians get heat for taking pics with people who end up being shitbags all the time. I've seen it on this site.  But no one was excusing it then. Weird. 

3 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

If those politicians posted on this board this would be a super relevant comment.

Well posters bring evidence of it here (like Ana did) and people crack on it and as your put it, don't put a huge amount of critical thinking into it.  But then again, it's the other way around, so you know... 

None of them actual Nazis though.  So.  Not very pretty. 

Edited by fattyflattie

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Politicians get heat for taking pics with people who end up being shitbags all the time. I've seen it on this site.  But no one was excusing it then. Weird. 

And what about when they have phone records with them and occasionally show up as a guest speaker at their white supremacy emporium?

And how many apologies have we gotten from them for their lapses in judgement and poor vetting?

Those Canadians fucksticks deserve heat, no question. But this is a pathetic attempt at BOTH SIDES, even for you two.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

And what about when they have phone records with them and occasionally show up as a guest speaker at their white supremacy emporium?

And how many apologies have we gotten from them for their lapses in judgement and poor vetting?

Those Canadians fucksticks deserve heat, no question. But this is a pathetic attempt at BOTH SIDES, even for you two.

I actually found it funnier than anything.  I think Trudeau is a POS (if his blackface wasn't enough for that) but I couldn't care less what our homies to the North do.  I just find it funny when you call truckers Nazis, then later salute a Nazi, then get meme'd.   I don't think Ana cares either.   It is funny how many people here claim to have no idea it happened.  Who's getting their preferred news spoon fed to them again?

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well posters bring evidence of it here (like Ana did) and people crack on it and as your put it, don't put a huge amount of critical thinking into it.  But then again, it's the other way around, so you know... 

None of them actual Nazis though.  So.  Not very pretty. 

You dolt, what is it you think Ana brought evidence of? That people applaud when prompted to? Holy shit, you solved the laugh track riddle!

Clearly the Canadian org that brought this dude in should have done some research and has significant fault but the error doesn't lie with the audience. Saying they were applauding a Nazi as if there was any knowledge of his past is incredibly disingenuous.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

You dolt, what is it you think Ana brought evidence of? That people applaud when prompted to? Holy shit, you solved the laugh track riddle!

Clearly the Canadian org that brought this dude in should have done some research and has significant fault but the error doesn't lie with the audience. Saying they were applauding a Nazi as if there was any knowledge of his past is incredibly disingenuous.

Like Ted Cruz taking a pic with a guy who ends up being a shitbag.  And then getting ripped on it for this site, as if he knew who some rando wanting a pic was?  That's what you mean by error not lying with the audience, correct?  

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Like Ted Cruz taking a pic with a guy who ends up being a shitbag.  And then getting ripped on it for this site, as if he knew who some rando wanting a pic was?  That's what you mean by error not lying with the audience, correct?  

I 100% agree that if a rando gets a picture taken with Ted Cruz and that rando is a shitbag, then it's not on Ted Cruz or his team (assuming that said rando was not specifically invited to event). With the acknowledgement that Cruz gets shit on regularly on this forum, are there particular events you are thinking of or are you creating false events to create outrage over in an effort to equivicate Ana's statement about applauding Nazis?

3 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I 100% agree that if a rando gets a picture taken with Ted Cruz and that rando is a shitbag, then it's not on Ted Cruz or his team (assuming that said rando was not specifically invited to event). With the acknowledgement that Cruz gets shit on regularly on this forum, are there particular events you are thinking of or are you creating false events to create outrage over in an effort to equivicate Ana's statement about applauding Nazis?

I don't know.  Just remember it was that shitbag and his dumb beard taking a pic with another guy who ended somehow being an even bigger shitbag.   And he got eviscerated here for it.  Then again, Cruz so who really gaf. 

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I don't know.  Just remember it was that shitbag and his dumb beard taking a pic with another guy who ended somehow being an even bigger shitbag.   And he got eviscerated here for it.  Then again, Cruz so who really gaf. 

So you don't have a relevant point or relevant example, just wanted to white knight for Ana.

Good Talk Russ GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, excuse us for not having much sympathy for Ted Cruz unknowingly taking a picture with the leader of the Proud Boys at Turning Point USA during fucking CPAC when the guest list is a veritable who's who of shit bags. You are correct though; it's not Ted's fault for not being able to immediately identify the violent militia shit bag amongst the standard fare of GOP shit bags at an event like that.

He subsequently lied about the extent of their interaction, but, you know, Ted Cruz, whatcha gonna do.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, excuse us for not having much sympathy for Ted Cruz unknowingly taking a picture with the leader of the Proud Boys at Turning Point USA during fucking CPAC when the guest list is a veritable who's who of shit bags. You are correct though; it's not Ted's fault for not being able to immediately identify the violent militia shit bag amongst the standard fare of GOP shit bags at an event like that.

He subsequently lied about the extent of their interaction, but, you know, Ted Cruz, whatcha gonna do.

And he still hasn't given a standing ovation to an actual Nazi.  Crazy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Nah. Just not a fan of hypocrisy. 

The Canadian speaker resigned (good), and everyone has been nothing but apologetic, accountable, and regretful.

When can I expect that from every GOP member with phone records from people who participated in Jan 6?

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The Canadian speaker resigned (good), and everyone has been nothing but apologetic and regretful.

When can I expect that from every GOP member with phone records from people who participated in Jan 6?

They should be punished for any crimes they committed.  Very clear this admin has no issue going after their political foes.  Should be a slam dunk.  

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:
5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:
They should be punished for any crimes they committed.  Very clear this admin has no issue going after their political foes.  Should be a slam dunk.  

So you're good with Trump going to jail? I somehow doubt that.

If GOP can find a candidate that can stand a chance for ‘24, take him out back and shoot him. Idgaf.  

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

"The dude who has cheated, lied, conned, scammed, short-cutted, litigated, and set-up fall guys as barriers at every step of the road for 50 years is being brought down because of partisan politics straight from the White House!"

See, here's the difference between you and I: regardless of your personal distaste for Trump, you think it's a travesty that he's being uniquely targeted because of his politics [I don't know, maybe stop commiting crimes]; I think it's a travesty that it took Donald Trump becoming an ex President to finally have the system catch up with him after he's skated by as a white, entitled rich guy for half a century with no repercussions for his shady dealings.

Edited by aggie08

7 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Your entry in this conversation was to accused audience members who were told to applaud for someone they had no particular reason to cause a scene over, that they were cheering for nazis as if giving overt approval of nazis?

I think it’s pretty funny when a room full of people, most of which I assume are at least barely educated in 20th century history, feel reflexively compelled to give two standing ovations to a Nazi because they were presented as fighting against Russians. It’s a fun little microcosm. 

Also, side note, but I didn’t know that Canada was like a legit post wwii Nazi destination. They apparently have memorials, statues, and shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Do you want to go ahead and link the public apologies and resignations that followed the publishing of those photos? 

• Hook 'Em 1

That we need to broker cessation of violence among these Slavs asap. 

bingo-tarantino.gif

Double bingo.
First cited post tells you all you need to know about how little Ana understands about conflict. Many times, a brokered imperfect peace is the best call. MOST TIMES, even. Sometimes, it is not. Wisdom is knowing the difference between the two. I’ve dealt with conflict, professionally, for decades. And those propositions bear out. Most times, I can see immediately that the parties need to resolve their dispute (I even have a pretty good idea HOW they should resolve it/how much it’s worth). It usually takes them a good bit of time to realize it (metaphorically, after shelling each other for a couple of years and gaining little), but they get there. But sometimes, the conflict is one that can only be resolved by final victory/defeat. If you don’t end it now, you’ll just end up in it again, etc. Those cases are stupid and destructive…but very real.
For Ana to blithely post “root cause analysis,” clearly having in mind a look back over the past 30 years (“blame NATO!”), and not over the past THREE HUNDRED YEARS (this is what Russia does, irrationally, stupidly, and destructively, over and over, regardless of what other actors do) tells us plenty.
Russia is a chronically abusive spouse who is currently beating the shit out of his wife. Ana looks back at last night and says “well, she shouldn’t have burned his dinner and made him mad. They should each apologize to each other, and she should learn to cook.”
It’s insultingly stupid. To come from someone posing as a guru offering wisdom from the mountain peak is pathetic.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

No no guys it’s the left that is nurturing neo nazism. Wake up sheeple!!

image.thumb.jpeg.857ef42a1c36a12eed3272f96230fae1.jpeg

So, as it turns out, this is actually the event that Farrio had his meeting and picture taken with Cruz. It's a pretty good assumption that there's a coin flip's chance that anyone you meet there starts a conversation with "Hey, maybe we should do another Holocaust."

• Rage+1 1

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Double bingo.
First cited post tells you all you need to know about how little Ana understands about conflict. Many times, a brokered imperfect peace is the best call. MOST TIMES, even. Sometimes, it is not. Wisdom is knowing the difference between the two. I’ve dealt with conflict, professionally, for decades. And those propositions bear out. Most times, I can see immediately that the parties need to resolve their dispute (I even have a pretty good idea HOW they should resolve it/how much it’s worth). It usually takes them a good bit of time to realize it (metaphorically, after shelling each other for a couple of years and gaining little), but they get there. But sometimes, the conflict is one that can only be resolved by final victory/defeat. If you don’t end it now, you’ll just end up in it again, etc. Those cases are stupid and destructive…but very real.
For Ana to blithely post “root cause analysis,” clearly having in mind a look back over the past 30 years (“blame NATO!”), and not over the past THREE HUNDRED YEARS (this is what Russia does, irrationally, stupidly, and destructively, over and over, regardless of what other actors do) tells us plenty.
Russia is a chronically abusive spouse who is currently beating the shit out of his wife. Ana looks back at last night and says “well, she shouldn’t have burned his dinner and made him mad. They should each apologize to each other, and she should learn to cook.”
It’s insultingly stupid. To come from someone posing as a guru offering wisdom from the mountain peak is pathetic.

He was always going to find a reason to beat his wife--burned was a matter of definition.  That's not burned, there's no part of the bread that's dark.  I didn't ask for the bread toasted.  It's says it in the title--grill cheese. Are you back talking me?  Dinner was and will just be one of the many, and it'll always be a one size fits all excuse. They tried to usurp Democracy without any evidence of voter fraud?  Well, there had to be some, somewhere.  Otherwise, why would Trump do it?  That's why they are a cult, blind faith.  And they blindly defend against proof, while investigating self created rabbit holes with alternative facts.  

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Love getting lectured about abusive relationships by the ghouls that will happily trade Ukrainian lives and prolong the conflict to forward their foreign policy objectives, and at the same time crow about the awesome ROI. 

What is the most straightforward way to end the killing of Ukrainians?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Love getting lectured about abusive relationships by the ghouls that will happily trade Ukrainian lives and prolong the conflict to forward their foreign policy objectives, and at the same time crow about the awesome ROI. 

Thing is, brother, there would be no conflict if one shithead state stayed within their borders.   Russia started this shit, they can deal with the consequences.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

I love how this is the one war that is a war too far for the Republicans.

A hundred fucking years of beating the war drums for any threat, any perceived slight whatsoever.  But now that there's a Democrat in office and because the prime backer of the Republican party and their cult leader is getting his ass kicked by the Ukrainians, out come the doves of peace.  Republicans never met a conflict they didn't enjoy dumping piles of taxpayer money on to kill as many yellow or brown people as possible in the name of free-dumb, but now all of a sudden the Treasury can't bear the fucking expense.

The conflict can be over tomorrow.  All Putin has to do is bring his conscripted slaves back across the border to Russia where they belong.  

Remind me to never trust a Republican to guard my back if America ever gets invaded.  You turn around and the next thing you know they'll be licking the invader's fucking boots.

You don't understand, this is a #bothsides issue.  Only @Anastasis and his cadre of "Libertarians" are true peaceniks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1