Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The deal Pelosi  made to consolidate support for her bid as Speaker included her agreement to step down after no more than 4 years. 

Yep.  That's why she created the Assistant Speaker role for Ben Ray Lujan.  Speaker-in-waiting.  Hopefully he can still recruit and have in-home visits.

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What, he's gonna bolt to some other government?

Pelosi is Mack in the analogy.  Which means she will try to burn the place down when she finally gets shown the door, only to take up residence on CNN for a few years, before finally going back to lead the California Democratic Party. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I'll bet Brisket made a B in night school Spanish.

I placed out of enough to just take advanced level my freshman year at UT to satisfy my foreign language requirement.  Hooked up with a senior sorority girl in my class.  She taught me a lot.  I've never been happier about my parents doing a piss-poor job of teaching me spanish as a child.

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I placed out of enough to just take advanced level my freshman year at UT to satisfy my foreign language requirement.  Hooked up with a senior sorority girl in my class.  She taught me a lot.  I've never been happier about my parents doing a piss-poor job of teaching me spanish as a child.

Was her name Debbie?  And btw, no offense, but I think Cheech has the better lyric.  Just fits the song better...

Edited by Cajun

Conservatives cannot stop talking about AOC Sean Hannity literally repeats her agenda on live television and then thinks he’s the one winning! She drives them up the wall, and it’s fantastic. But there’s one person who never mentions her: Donald Trump. Strange, isn’t it? Trump mocks everyone on Twitter. But he has never once sent a tweet about her, even though they both have major presences on the platform. I suspect I know exactly why: He realizes that she’s better at this than him. He may be able to make jokes at the expense of Elizabeth Warren, but AOC is better at online repartee than almost anyone else. He is wise to keep away from tangling with her. Just recently, when Joe Lieberman made a patronizing comment about AOC not representing the future of the party, she gave a brief but devastating retort that made him look like an out-of-touch fogey. (I doubt he even understood it.)

This is an interesting point.  Trump really has avoided her, hasn't he?  

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/01/how-a-o-c-is-changing-the-game

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I believe that phrase references a gang bang and isn't exclusively used by felons. It's Similar to the devils triangle phrase that Squi and company used to say.

While I do not find the phrase offensive, it is tacky for a member of Congress to use publicly.

Iimagine Beto telling Cruz to "prepare his anus" right before a debate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6601829/Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez-chases-Senate-leader-Mitch-McConnell-demand-reopen-government.html

this is hilarious, no matter your opinion on AOC, she's taking the fight to mitch mcconnell. 

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was among four Democrats to march through congress and demand Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell hold a vote to reopen the government.

The 29-year-old progressive visited the Senate majority office, the Senate cloakroom, the Senate floor, and McConnell's personal office trying to hunt the Republican down and deliver a letter insisting he tabled the vote.

'He seems to be running away from us,' said New York lawmaker Ocasio-Cortez, the youngest female member of Congress in history, as she paced through the Capitol.

The Bronx-born progressive later started the hashtag #WheresMitch as they struggled to find McConnell.

She was joined by freshman congresswomen Reps. Jahana Hayes of Connecticut, Lauren Underwood of Illinois and Katie Hill of California.

Ocasio-Cortez made it very clear that House Democrats blame McConnell for the shutdown.

She said his refusal to consider several bills passed by the House could have solved the problem long ago. 

this is how you hijack the narrative.

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

I believe that phrase references a gang bang and isn't exclusively used by felons. It's Similar to the devils triangle phrase that Squi and company used to say.

While I do not find the phrase offensive, it is tacky for a member of Congress to use publicly.

Oh, and the SS Tacky ship sailed long ago.  Sank to the bottom of the sea.  It was sung by Grab Em By the Pussy torpedoes, a Supreme Court justice who used "Devils Triangle" and more, etc.  I'm looking forward to a 2020 presidential debate where Trump says something stupid, and his opponent just responds with "what a fucking dumbass."  That's where we are, dude.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, and the SS Tacky ship sailed long ago.  Sank to the bottom of the sea.  It was sung by Grab Em By the Pussy torpedoes, a Supreme Court justice who used "Devils Triangle" and more, etc.  I'm looking forward to a 2020 presidential debate where Trump says something stupid, and his opponent just responds with "what a fucking dumbass."  That's where we are, dude.

That is the response that is needed to pretty much everything Trump says. We shouldn't dance around it. He is a dumbass. Call him a dumbass. 

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm not willing to accept the current culture ushered in by Trump. He appeals to a specific crude subset of society that has always been that way. There is no reason to allow them to change all of us.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This would be glorious.

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

I'm not willing to accept the current culture ushered in by Trump. He appeals to a specific crude subset of society that has always been that way. There is no reason to allow them to change all of us.

See how well "staying above the fray" worked out against other treasonous authoritarian fucksticks in the past.  Fighting by Marquess of Queensberry rules when the other side is swinging a nail-studded baseball bat just means you get your ass kicked faster and bloodier.

I hate that.  But it's still true.  It's why a shitload of folks said we shouldn't ever go down this road, but we decided to punch the gas and go all in while yelling WOOHOO as loud as we can.  And here we are.

You stick with your decorum and decency, not realizing that they're a dead letter.  I'm gonna look for someone who will play and win according to the rules that are actually in effect.

Just now, F250 said:

Why would I be triggered?

You’re not triggered, (hyperbole on my part).  But you felt the need to let it be known that you don’t approve.  That is often the point of her outside the norm comments.  To elicit a response from the side unwilling to tackle the Babe Ruth of inappropriate in the WH. 

Just now, Brisketexan said:

See how well "staying above the fray" worked out against other treasonous authoritarian fucksticks in the past.  Fighting by Marquess of Queensberry rules when the other side is swinging a nail-studded baseball bat just means you get your ass kicked faster and bloodier.

I hate that.  But it's still true.  It's why a shitload of folks said we shouldn't ever go down this road, but we decided to punch the gas and go all in while yelling WOOHOO as loud as we can.  And here we are.

You stick with your decorum and decency, not realizing that they're a dead letter.  I'm gonna look for someone who will play and win according to the rules that are actually in effect.

Bill Maher has been saying this for years and I didn't agree with him until 2016.  He was absolutely right.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It can be done with decorum. Pelosi is winning the current battle with Trump and she has done most of it in relative silence.

She lured him into a fight and like a loudmouth he jumped into it without thinking and she punched him in the throat. It's hardball without the crude theatrics.

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You’re not triggered, (hyperbole on my part).  But you felt the need to let it be known that you don’t approve.  That is often the point of her outside the norm comments.  To elicit a response from the side unwilling to tackle the Babe Ruth of inappropriate in the WH. 

You are putting too much thought into this.

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

It can be done with decorum. Pelosi is winning the current battle with Trump and she has done most of it in relative silence.

She lured him into a fight and like a loudmouth he jumped into it without thinking and she punched him in the throat. It's hardball without the crude theatrics.

She's playing an entirely different game.  Which is why she's winning.  Trump is yelling and hollering and talking smack.  She's just letting the pieces on the chess board do their work.  That's wildly different than the game of a presidential campaign.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez