2024 Texas Football Schedule

8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

This is the 4th fucking year in a row our opening game is at either 2, 2:30 or 3. What the actual fuck first Fox now ESPN… 

Do they not realize how hot and humid it gets on Labor Day weekend in Austin especially at that time of day?

Pussy

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Pussy

Yo mama. 

But on some real shit, I usually go to the opening game every year(you'll first find me at the tailgate) but my mom and step dad are old and can't take the heat and my nieces and nephews are little and get way too fussy. 

7 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Yo mama. 

But on some real shit, I usually go to the opening game every year(you'll first find me at the tailgate) but my mom and step dad are old and can't take the heat and my nieces and nephews are little and get way too fussy. 

It's bullshit. So dumb. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 4:12 PM, Texas Wahoo said:

Michigan is going to start selling booze in the Big House:

image.png.260b9d2239471e66ab8122b2d5f815ca.png

Even though their first game (vs Fresno State) under this new policy is at night and they’ll have that one under their belt, their concession staff has no idea of the onslaught that awaits them or any other stadium selling beer when Texas comes to town, early kick or not. Prepare your anus…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Like 1

Even though their first game (vs Fresno State) under this new policy is at night and they’ll have that one under their belt, their concession staff has no idea of the onslaught that awaits them or any other stadium selling beer when Texas comes to town, early kick or not. Prepare your anus…

At least they won’t drink the town out of Natty Light, like when Iowa State goes to bowl games.

Hook’em!!!

On 5/14/2024 at 11:05 PM, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We played Bama at home in the heat. Can't handle the heat, stay our of the kitchen. Stop being pussies. Bring a hat and a neck fans. Drink water. This isnt hard. 

Bama>Colorado State

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I enjoy the 2:30 kickoff much better for attending the fair. 

Past two years the fair crowd has just been massive (Gameday hasn't helped).  With a 230 kick off this time, I see it being worse.  think i am passing on OU Tix this year.  I love the state fair, I think this year we will go when there isn't a game.

I'm actually kinda bummed about the egg bowl getting moved. That had become a Thanksgiving tradition for me. After a long day of family crap, sitting down in a quiet place with a beverage and watching the crazy shit that always happens in that game was something I looked forward to. 

• Hook 'Em 6

27 minutes ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

Past two years the fair crowd has just been massive (Gameday hasn't helped).  With a 230 kick off this time, I see it being worse.  think i am passing on OU Tix this year.  I love the state fair, I think this year we will go when there isn't a game.

Kareena Kapoor Whatever GIF by Balaji Motion PicturesMocking Season 1 GIF by Friends

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You'd better get there early, unless you enjoy 30 minute lines for beer/corn dogs.

Oh this doesn’t change the 7am hotel departure time, it just allows for more fair time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Texas Wahoo said:

TX-OU at 2:30 this year.

It is NOT traditionally an 11am kick.  That's just what it's been in recent years. It's been 2:30 many times in the past.

There is no "traditional" kickoff time for that game.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

It is NOT traditionally an 11am kick.  That's just what it's been in recent years. It's been 2:30 many times in the past.

There is no "traditional" kickoff time for that game.

Red River is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to.

image.thumb.png.62bc4b685d013136030a82b16235c55b.png

• Hook 'Em 6

Put me in the 11AM camp. I always hated it when younger and late nights on Friday were the norm.  As an old, I strongly prefer the early start.  Last time it was 2:30 was an absolute whip trying to get out of the fair.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Does this mean the A&M game will stay on Saturday?

That game is scheduled for that week. All SEC games were listed as Saturday while they work out the schedule.

With Mississippi and Georgia schools on Fri on ABC you have these left for Saturday: UT/aggy, Iron Bowl, UF/FSU, SC/Clem, UL/UK, LSU/OU,

If I were a betting man I’d think you’ll see:

SECN: TN/Vandy, Ark/Mizzou

ESPN: UF/FSU, SC/Clem, UL/UK

ABC: LSU/OU, Iron Bowl, UT/aggy

Other games in ESPN conferences of note:

ACC: UVA/VT, Miami/Syracuse, UNC/NCSU (all seem like Friday ESPN or Sat ESPN2 caliber)

Big12:

Okie St/Colorado Friday noon on ABC
UCF/Utah Fri 8pm on FOX
AZ/ASU (seems like a lock for a late night Sat ESPN game)
K State/Iowa St (maybe Fri 230 on ESPN)
Tech/WVU 

and B1G games:

Iowa/Neb Fri (likely 3pm on FOX)
tOSU/Mich Big Noon Sat FOX
Oregon/Washington (likely 230 CBS)
ND/USC (highly likely NBC prime)

only other noteworthy game is Pedo/MD which could go on Friday to CBS on Fri Noon on FOX but not sure how they split the rights on that last weekend with their new deal.

Edited by TKthunder2

With the Iron Bowl moving to Friday, what is ABC/ESPN going to do with their Thanksgiving night slot?  It's head to head with the NFL but that is a lot of decent inventory for a Saturday.  Wondering if any chance they move us.

Just now, Skipper said:

With the Iron Bowl moving to Friday, what is ABC/ESPN going to do with their Thanksgiving night slot?  It's head to head with the NFL but that is a lot of decent inventory for a Saturday.  Wondering if any chance they move us.

That wasn't the Iron Bowl on Thanksgiving. It was the Egg Bowl.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

That wasn't the Iron Bowl on Thanksgiving. It was the Egg Bowl.

That's right.  Typing too quickly.  I would assume they keep Iron Bowl in traditional 2:30 slot.  So we are likely primetime with Aggy.  But it seems like one of those decent SEC games has to get moved to either Thurs night or Friday afternoon.

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

That game is scheduled for that week. All SEC games were listed as Saturday while they work out the schedule.

With Mississippi and Georgia schools on Fri on ABC you have these left for Saturday: UT/aggy, Iron Bowl, UF/FSU, SC/Clem, UL/UK, LSU/OU,

If I were a betting man I’d think you’ll see:

SECN: TN/Vandy, Ark/Mizzou

ESPN: UF/FSU, SC/Clem, UL/UK

ABC: LSU/OU, Iron Bowl, UT/aggy

I bet they stretch games out that weekend with Thursday through Saturday night caps.

I guess there is a chance they moved A&M to Thursday, but I assumed they were avoiding the NFL. 

I think the rest of “special game” schedules are being released at 1:30. 

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

This feels like one of those misleading statistics where it's technically true, but we've only had two games (or something) in the last 20 years that kicked off at 2:30 so it's really not that interesting. At any rate, we've only won 8 out of the last 20, so regardless of kickoff time our success has not been great this century. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

This feels like one of those misleading statistics where it's technically true, but we've only had two games (or something) in the last 20 years that kicked off at 2:30 so it's really not that interesting. At any rate, we've only won 8 out of the last 20, so regardless of kickoff time our success has not been great this century. 

And the last 20 years OU has basically kicked our ass regardless.

image.thumb.png.dec3849b6a20850a19afff5eeb97caeb.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Rage+1 4

21 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Someone remind the sec doesn’t decide all start times For their teams 🤔🤔🤔

ESPN makes the call but takes input from the conference who’s goal is to provide as balanced of an experience across its member schools which includes having everyone participate on a national OTA game (like giving Vandy 1 per year) and games on the SECN (like giving Bama 1 per year). Not sure if that also goes into varying start times or anything more than provide some minimal level of access.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I bet they stretch games out that weekend with Thursday through Saturday night caps.

Just not sure which game would be on Thanksgiving night this year. It’s a big commitment from the school and ticket holders.

I think they are going to over hype the return of the Texas/aggy game this year so I don’t think they’ll move it to Thursday which wouldn’t give them that much time to pump it up, plus you know aggy is going to fundraise the shit out of it too, so limiting attendance this year is not in their best interest.

So if the Egg Bowl is out, I’m not sure they’ll schedule a game that night.

Just now, TKthunder2 said:

Just not sure which game would be on Thanksgiving night this year. It’s a big commitment from the school and ticket holders.

I think they are going to over hype the return of the Texas/aggy game this year so I don’t think they’ll move it to Thursday which wouldn’t give them that much time to pump it up, plus you know aggy is going to fundraise the shit out of it too, so limiting attendance this year is not in their best interest.

Texas vs A&M, obviously 

11 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Huh?

56 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Texas vs A&M, obviously 

It possible but I doubt it.

45 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Huh?

Most of the promotion is during other college football games. By being the first game of the week it doesn’t give them lots of time to promote it.

4 hours ago, Texas Wahoo said:

If it's up to A&M, it looks like the game will be on Saturday going forward:

Saturday is better imo... NFL has taken over the Thanksgiving games

On 5/30/2024 at 10:07 AM, The_highest_of_fives said:

It is actually better at 2:30.  with the 11AM kick everyone gets there all at once between 10 and 10:30AM and it is a clusterfuck.