2024 Texas Football Schedule

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So far:

8/31 Colorado St, 2:30PM - ESPN
9/7 @ Michigan 11:00AM - FOX

At least 11 AM in michigan in September shouldn’t be heat stroke territory 

• Rage+1 1

What in the fucking shit?  I recall a several years ago that our home openers were more regularly an evening game.  Seems like for quite a while, though, they've been the 11am or 2:30pm slot.  That's some bullshit.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, South Austin said:

What in the fucking shit?  I recall a several years ago that our home openers were more regularly an evening game.  Seems like for quite a while, though, they've been the 11am or 2:30pm slot.  That's some bullshit.

2014 - UNT 7 LHN
2015 - ND 630 NBC
2016 - ND 630 ABC
2017 - Maryland 11 FS1
2018 - Maryland 11 FS1
2019 - LaTech 7 LHN
2020 - UTEP 7 LHN
2021 - Louisiana 330 FOX
2022 - ULM 7 LHN
2023 - Rice 230 FOX

Seems like the only night games were either LHN, Rice last year being the exception, or ND primetime games. Without LHN these games are going to be moved and better to be on ESPN or major network than relegated to SECN. I'd also guess our resurgence has played a part in wanting us in the premiere slots, especially since LHN doesn't exist. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
Rice game was FOX
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

2014 - UNT 7 LHN
2015 - ND 630 NBC
2016 - ND 630 ABC
2017 - Maryland 11 FS1
2018 - Maryland 11 FS1
2019 - LaTech 7 LHN
2020 - UTEP 7 LHN
2021 - Louisiana 330 FOX
2022 - ULM 7 LHN
2023 - Rice 230 LHN

Seems like the only night games were either LHN, Rice last year being the exception, or ND primetime games. Without LHN these games are going to be moved and better to be on ESPN or major network than relegated to SECN. I'd also guess our resurgence has played a part in wanting us in the premiere slots, especially since LHN doesn't exist. 

I’m pretty sure Rice was on Fox or a different channel. Not LHN

1 minute ago, Tex48 said:

I’m pretty sure Rice was on Fox or a different channel. Not LHN

You're right, FOX...it was starting to blend together and I was in a hurry on that one. But yes it seems LHN has 100% been the saving grace of night games for the 1st game of the season outside of ND matchup.

I’ll probably just give those tickets away. I think Arizona passed a state law requiring colleges football games in September to be at night for safety reasons. I wish we’d do the same in this state.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, TKthunder2 said:

I’ll probably just give those tickets away. I think Arizona passed a state law requiring colleges football games in September to be at night for safety reasons. I wish we’d do the same in this state.

Pussification

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

2021 - Louisiana 330 FOX

My lord that game was surface of the sun. I had a heat stroke sometime in the second quarter. "Wait, why am I cold now? I'm shivering." 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

My lord that game was surface of the sun. I had a heat stroke sometime in the second quarter. "Wait, why am I cold now? I'm shivering." 

*consulting piss chart*  "You, Sir, are a bad teammate"

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

2014 - UNT 7 LHN
2015 - ND 630 NBC
2016 - ND 630 ABC
2017 - Maryland 11 FS1
2018 - Maryland 11 FS1
2019 - LaTech 7 LHN
2020 - UTEP 7 LHN
2021 - Louisiana 330 FOX
2022 - ULM 7 LHN
2023 - Rice 230 FOX

Wait, so you are saying that during the last decade, we have lost the only two 11am game-openers we have played?

doomed

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

So between the players from Fort Collins and the olds in the NEZ, we should lose...what, 20-30 people?  For $3700 from ABC?  Sounds good.  

It'd be great to decide our own gametimes (7pm in late summer/early fall, whenever we choose when it gets cold), even if that meant we'd take the extra gate from having one of the many no-TV/radio-only games that we olds remember, but I bet the cockamamie TV contracts we're in wouldn't allow that, neither.

11 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

It'd be great to decide our own gametimes (7pm in late summer/early fall, whenever we choose when it gets cold), even if that meant we'd take the extra gate from having one of the many no-TV/radio-only games that we olds remember, but I bet the cockamamie TV contracts we're in wouldn't allow that, neither.

The days of not every game being on tv had their definite upsides.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

Keep me on the list, my parents are overly hardcore about attendance and will use them. It will keep me from having to scramble my LHF seats to accommodate. They decided last minute on Rice and KU last year just for shits, regardless of melting temps. I tip my cap to them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My 2 tickets are under the overhang and in the shade right at 11am. I’ll be good, but still probably not going any of the early-season games. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

My 2 tickets are under the overhang and in the shade right at 11am. I’ll be good, but still probably not going any of the early-season games. 

Dad's tickets were under the overhang in the 70s when the "Options" seats were the seatbacks in the upper deck---- until that fateful year when we had several rainy home games.

Then the coveted seats became the ones underneath the overhang, and our seats moved to what used to be the "Options" seatback seats in Section 104.

1 hour ago, hornmpa96 said:

Show me a loss! Don’t be a pussy - this team rolls through this schedule like Sherman through the south!

mikeshermansleeping.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We played Bama at home in the heat. Can't handle the heat, stay our of the kitchen. Stop being pussies. Bring a hat and a neck fans. Drink water. This isnt hard. 

Ytho GIF

Extreme weather is fun to talk about, but Green Bay cold isn’t (near as likely) going to harm a player or fan the way 110F heat index games. The late August through late September games in the South should be played at night IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Same here - row 69, section 1. 
we ain’t going to the CSU for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Ytho GIF

Extreme weather is fun to talk about, but Green Bay cold isn’t (near as likely) going to harm a player or fan the way 110F heat index games. The late August through late September games in the South should be played at night IMO. 

Yep.  Same people that dismiss the concerns of older folks and players in the heat all afternoon in Texas' August wouldn't last 10 fucking minutes in the Midwest in December at a football game.  You can always add layers, the players can stay warm by moving around.  How many more times do you need to see dozens of folks every fucking home game before Columbus Day carted away, despite having "a hat and water bottle" before you realize it's getting hotter every year and 2:30p games aren't a great idea.  11:00am isn't so bad to start but second half is brutal.  6 or 7p is hot as balls, but at least the sun is behind most of the stadium.  But 2:30p is fucking insane.  But TV is what pays the bills for Belmont so I'll be inside if anybody needs me.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We played Bama at home in the heat. Can't handle the heat, stay our of the kitchen. Stop being pussies. Bring a hat and a neck fans. Drink water. This isnt hard. 

Yeah I can’t handle the heat so imma stay our the kitchen 

• Haha 1

for last years opener I packed a ziploc full of liquid IV and made sure everyone with me hammered them throughout. This was after prehydrating with several nalgenes worth of H2O. It is a must if you are going to be out in that for extended periods (unshaded) and especially if you plan on drinking at all. Personally I eschew booze for weed things to get my rocks off on the whole, but especially for these circumstances.

also a cool towel wrapped around your neck and refreshed frequently is a lifesaver.
The More You Know Kitty GIF 

13 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Just look on a few website that give historic weather.  Last year it was 102F with a 3.7 mph wind.  Could find the index but on the field it would be what, 120? 125?

This Is Fine GIF

38 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I chug beer until I start sweating then I know I'm hydrated so long as the sweat isn't beading. Buncha pussies with your liquid IV's and shade. Hydration should be taken care of staring 2-3 days prior.

We get it, you’re very tough 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Kansas game on September 30th was hot as a MFer as well.  From 2P to kickoff I found shade and lots of water.  During the game, it was partly cloudy so there was a break every now and again. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This is the 4th fucking year in a row our opening game is at either 2, 2:30 or 3. What the actual fuck first Fox now ESPN… 

Do they not realize how hot and humid it gets on Labor Day weekend in Austin especially at that time of day?