CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

Everyone check Diaz’s Wikipedia page before it’s fixed.  The last thing on the right-side summary. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Diaz_(American_football)

Alma mater Florida State ('95)
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1998–1999 Florida State (GA)
2000–2001 NC State (GA)
2002–2003 NC State (LB)
2004–2005 NC State (S/ST)
2006–2007 Middle Tennessee (DC/S)
2008–2009 Middle Tennessee (DC/LB)
2010 Mississippi State(DC/LB)
2011–2013 Texas (DC/LB)
2014 Louisiana Tech (DC/LB)
2015 Mississippi State (DC/LB)
2016–2018 Miami (FL) (DC/LB)
Kris Humphries and Kim K's Marriage Toolbag
2019– Miami (FL)

Edited by Liquor and Poker
Figured out how to paste

6 hours ago, RabidM said:

I wonder who UH targets if Dana turns them down...  It seems like they want a splash type hire but probably also want a contract that makes it hard to leave. It's what cost them Kiffen, even though he sucks. 

If they were smart they would offer Aranda. Aranda might not leave but see what happens. 

Edited by texasstrong12

8 hours ago, TheFlagship said:

Temple turn back to Elko now?

The initial candidates  interviewed were Diaz, Elko, Don Brown, Foley and Francis Brown (Per Marc Narducci). 

I think this might end up being Francis Brown. Temple can't keep a coach so they could pick the guy with deep Temple/Northeast ties. Plus Diaz already brought Brown on staff at Temple. There are a lot of things working in Brown's favor here. 

Edited by texasstrong12

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Would Temple go after Orlando?

Wasn't listed as someone they interviewed the first time around. They would have to change course from just a few weeks ago. 

The names mentioned that interviewed were Diaz, Elko, Don Brown, Foley and Francis Brown. I bet the next coach comes from that group. 

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Would Temple go after Orlando?

Think probably  Francis Brown is best solution to help the Temple program immediately....... He's already back on that Staff and had interviewed for their HC position.

Edited by LTtxfan

I like how if a player signed with Temple already, he'd be held to his LOI.  A coach?  Meh, we're flexible.

Temple has a lot of other things going on.  Aside from the Bill Cosby hullabelew, they got caught in a fraud scheme around their online MBA program.  It was rated the #1 online program until it was discovered that the forged a lot of data surrounding graduate employment and what not.  They're facing massive lawsuits.

9 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I like how if a player signed with Temple already, he'd be held to his LOI.  A coach?  Meh, we're flexible.

LOIs are  worthless. If the Temple signees put up a big enough fight they can get out of their LOI. This scenario happens every year:

Step 1) Coaching change after NSD. 2) player asks out of their LOI 3) School says no 4) Media goes crazy 5) school realizes PR backlash and eventually releases the signees. 

Edited by texasstrong12

21 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Wasn't listed as someone they interviewed the first time around. They would have to change course from just a few weeks ago. 

The names mentioned that interviewed were Diaz, Elko, Don Brown, Foley and Francis Brown. I bet the next coach comes from that group. 

I don't know if he interviewed, but they were interested.

16 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I don't know if he interviewed, but they were interested.

I don't think Russo has much clue what's going on in these coaching searches. Orlando and Schiano were just random names thrown out there. I haven't seen anything from the local media that says they ever interviewed or had serious interest. 

He was throwing out the idea of Miami hiring Schiano yesterday which made little to no sense. 

Russo mentioned Foley and Francis Brown in another tweet. Diaz, Elko, Don Brown, Francis Brown, and Foley were the names the local media focused on during the initial search. Unless things take a dramatic shift I bet the next hire comes from that group. 

Edited by texasstrong12

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't think Russo has much clue what's going on in these coaching searches. Orlando and Schiano were just random names thrown out there. I haven't seen anything from the local media that says they ever interviewed or had serious interest. 

He was throwing out the idea of Miami hiring Schiano yesterday which made little to no sense. 

Russo mentioned Foley and Francis Brown in another tweet. Diaz, Elko, Don Brown, Francis Brown, and Foley were the names the local media focused on during the initial search. Unless things take a dramatic shift I bet the next hire comes from that group. 

According to the IT guys, Orlando interviewed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

According to the IT guys, Orlando interviewed.

Interesting. Still not that worried about Orlando but I guess anything can happen in the coaching world. 

The local Temple media were fairly adamant that they focused in on Diaz, Elko, Don Brown, Francis Brown and Foley. The 3 in particular that Narducci (linked article) thought were the favorites were Diaz, Elko and Don Brown. 

The article does mention "from 8 to 10 interviewed" so maybe Orlando/Texas staff kept it quiet. 

http://www.philly.com/college-sports/temple/temple-football-head-coach-ed-foley-mike-elko-manny-diaz-search-geoff-collins-20181212.html

17 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Schiano wouldn't interview for the job unless it was just a formality before giving him the job. He's busy preparing for a bowl game. Temple would be dealing with his agent. (Just heard on the radio that Marvin Lewis got fired by the Bengals.)

From the talk in the local media, the interest in Schiano was real and Schiano's people were listening.

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Schiano wouldn't interview for the job unless it was just a formality before giving him the job. He's busy preparing for a bowl game. Temple would be dealing with his agent. (Just heard on the radio that Marvin Lewis got fired by the Bengals.)

From the talk in the local media, the interest in Schiano was real and Schiano's people were listening.

I think Schiano's agent has been playing a lot of people in the media. He's mentioned for almost every head coaching job (see Miami yesterday) and nothing every materializes. He doesn't even end up on the short list of candidates (like Temple with the above names the local media listed). 

For a guy that's wanted by every school with an opening you would think there would be more verification that he even interviewed for some of these jobs. 

But maybe a school like Temple has to look outside their original net of primary candidates this 2nd go around. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think Schiano's agent has been playing a lot of people in the media. He's mentioned for almost every head coaching job (see Miami yesterday) and nothing every materializes. He doesn't even end up on the short list of candidates (like Temple with the above names the local media listed). 

For a guy that's wanted by every school with opening you would think there would be more verification that he even interviewed for some of these jobs. 

I never heard any talk about him connected to the Miami job. That change only just happened. Knee-jerk tweets by dipshits in the national sports media about it don't count.