Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

This shit has really become hilarious and will be studied for years by scholars as to how NOT to handle a scandal. First, Ohio State allows meathead abuser to go on camera to plead for Urban, tell everyone his wife is a crazy bitch, and tell us all with a straight, sweaty face how he bruised her and cut her because crazy bitches throwing dukes are hard to defend (especially if they are pregnant). Ohio State goes into quiet mode hoping the story will die on the vine. Then they allow some goateed jorts-wearing fucktard named 'Snook' to leak a story about Courtney's mom not believing her, further pushing the "crazy bitch" narrative, and to top it all off, they are now using the tried and true aggy defense: BOMC. The best part is their fanbase seems united in what a piece of shit Herman is for supposedly ratting on his former boss while ignoring what a piece of shit Urban is for not firing a known piece of shit serial abuser because he was related to Earl Bruce. If this story were a movie treatment, you'd be laughed out of the meeting if you tried to pitch this drama to anyone other than Netflix (who would, of course, greenlight the shit out of it). I can't wait to see how it ends.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Derrick Foreman is no friend of the program.  Fuck his tweeting ass.  He can eat shit and  die as far as the Texas program is concerned.  He needs to go fuck himself with Sterlin Gilbert's dick.  

Yeah, I don't know why I thought we'd be rid of that prick once his kids had graduated.  Wishful thinking I guess.

20 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
1 hour ago, Parliament said:
Cory Brown catches passes in Denver too, fwiw.

Undrafted free agent who has not had seasons as good as Marquise Goodwin. Like I said, Michael Thomas is the only Ohio State wide receiver who is better than any Texas wide receiver in the NFL.

Ya but where was Michael Thomas on the night in question? Can you prove he did NOT choke a bitch?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I’d prefer Herman’s name quickly fade from this story. That’s the best thing for the program.

Because I kind of believe it. And I don’t have faith in any college football coach to be squeaky clean and above scandal.

Except maybe the Purple Wizard.

I’m with Ghost on this. The faster the better.

Herman’s statement was very prepared, but what caught my eye was he was very specific in his assurances that neither he nor his family played a part in this information allowed some ambiguity.

The fact that his statement of denial didn’t comprehensively cover any known associate, friend or administrative entity, etc allows him a lot of wiggle room. While at the same time still being truthful. Note: I read the statement as it was posted on ESPN’s homepage. 

By conveniently not being specific allows him to be technically correct. And we will see if someone takes the time to ask the follow up question. Which is simply did he leave a trail, not actually providing the information, but a heads up if you will to someone indirectly? An easy to follow trail that allowed Brent Mcmurphy (sp?) to follow up on his own, while never knowing the origin of the actual source.

• Fuck You 1

46 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

This shit has really become hilarious and will be studied for years by scholars as to how NOT to handle a scandal. First, Ohio State allows meathead abuser to go on camera to plead for Urban, tell everyone his wife is a crazy bitch, and tell us all with a straight, sweaty face how he bruised her and cut her because crazy bitches throwing dukes are hard to defend (especially if they are pregnant). Ohio State goes into quiet mode hoping the story will die on the vine. Then they allow some goateed jorts-wearing fucktard named 'Snook' to leak a story about Courtney's mom not believing her, further pushing the "crazy bitch" narrative, and to top it all off, they are now using the tried and true aggy defense: BOMC. The best part is their fanbase seems united in what a piece of shit Herman is for supposedly ratting on his former boss while ignoring what a piece of shit Urban is for not firing a known piece of shit serial abuser because he was related to Earl Bruce. If this story were a movie treatment, you'd be laughed out of the meeting if you tried to pitch this drama to anyone other than Netflix (who would, of course, greenlight the shit out of it). I can't wait to see how it ends.

Wrong..There is nothing hilarious about being accused of actions that fan bases, universities and the coaching community would take issue with. With Herman lawyering up he is taking this accusation very serious. That alone makes it not only real. But him trying to get out front of the story. 

Now, had he went through proper channels it would look different. But then he too would get hammered for not speaking up years ago. So if he really played a role in any of this his only real option was to use a third party.

These are ALL crazy people. Urban Meyer included. Herman needs to distance far away from these dipshits. Don’t comment on financial assistance for CS. And stop talking to her, Michelle. Make no more comments. 

25 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Wrong..There is nothing hilarious about being accused of actions that fan bases, universities and the coaching community would take issue with. With Herman lawyering up he is taking this accusation very serious. That alone makes it not only real. But him trying to get out front of the story. 

Now, had he went through proper channels it would look different. But then he too would get hammered for not speaking up years ago. So if he really played a role in any of this his only real option was to use a third party.

So let me get this right. Herman is in trouble if he ratted out a domestic violence abuser after you had this take on August 2nd. You're either an Ohio State fan or incredibly dumb. 

"And lastly the wife. If she has some dirt on Urb, she too may be in line for some cash. If not fuck her for bringing this on the school. At the end of the day a MNC may be mythical. But it’s worth millions to the university. They will not term the very guy who brought them one unless they have to. And even then no one knows if anyone at that shit university has enough power to fire him without a prolonged legal battle."

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Sorry, but i don't get it.  The texts essentially prove that she as the mother knew that her son in law was abusing her daughter.  Why is now denying that the texts were from her?  She's defending Zach?

The mom and daughter are estranged. It sounds like she has a lot of issues. Tough to deny the texts. 

16 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The mom and daughter are estranged. It sounds like she has a lot of issues. Tough to deny the texts. 

Or is she denying making those texts, not to defend Zach but because it makes her look bad to have allowed it to happen for years and not gone to the authorities to protect her daughter?

20 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Or is she denying making those texts, not to defend Zach but because it makes her look bad to have allowed it to happen for years and not gone to the authorities to protect her daughter?

Because the money is too good not to deny them.

I guess the relevance to the mother's texts is that it's further proof that he was abusing her, not defending himself from her as he claims.

Sorry, I'm a little behind on this one.  trying to get caught up.

Edited by Lhorn

3 hours ago, SurlyORama said:

Sadly, I've seen this already in my children's lives. And we're talking about high school in this case, and sports far from what football is in Texas. People that are supposed to provide examples and lead young people, who are in reality some of the worst examples possible.

I could see it, even if I don’t agree with it, about certain coaches that were winning The Right Way.  Like I’d be cool with my son idolizing Bill Snyder, at least until the tapes come out of him choking out one hooker while another is tonguing his ass. 

But yeah, agreed, and I blame a lot of parents for this shit.   They are living vicariously through their kids and latching on to whoever they think can take their kid to the next level, and they sell their kids on those personalities.  

Instead, those coaches turn out to be this guy. 

e9dffe3e761f1c02b8dc062b7c9c0ce8.gif

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

She better be careful; if one or both of them are in a one party consent state then there's at least a 50/50 chance that McMurphy recorded the conversation where she admitted to sending the texts.

If there was a conversation over the phone you can bet McMurphy has the receipts. He has made sure of it every step of this process. 

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
30 minutes ago, Machinator said:
DkW6TNWU4AEYS5o.jpg

She better be careful, if one or both of them are in a one party consent state then there's at least a 50/50 chance that McMurphy recorded the conversation where she admitted to sending the texts.

Florida is a two-party consent state.  She lives in Naples, apparently.  Not sure where McMurphy lives, but he went to OK State (Oklahoma is a one party consent state).

41 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

These are ALL crazy people. Urban Meyer included. Herman needs to distance far away from these dipshits. Don’t comment on financial assistance for CS. And stop talking to her, Michelle. Make no more comments. 

Yeah, some of them are in the mindset of  “If I’m going down, I’m taking every one of you motherfuckers down with me, whether you deserve it or not!”

The Big 10 seems like it kind of sucks. Whole lot of rapin’ and overall abuse going on. At least with the SEC its your normal cheating paying players and what not. SMU, OU and aggy style. 

I’ll think the Big 10 or whatever its called now should invite Baylor to join up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beating his wife,  cheating on his wife, married man with a pregnant wife chasing skanks at  at strip clubs, drinking like a fish, being a shifty eyed tool on TV, and riding grandpa Earl's  dick.  Wilson and his family should take a step back.  Tom Herman did not cause any of this shit, but if he exposed it, more power to him.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
35 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:
Florida is a two-party consent state.  She lives in Naples, apparently.  Not sure where McMurphy lives, but he went to OK State (Oklahoma is a one party consent state).

Federal law is one party but I have no idea how that works with an interstate phone call.

McMurphy should give zero fucks regardless.  He's independent and likely has his personal assets untouchable and/or protected.  If he worked for ESPN, Fox, or anyone of any scale, he'd have a tougher road to hoe.  His independence has resulted in faster pace to this story.  He's the Perez Hilton of sports sans the crying and ass play.

• Like 3

Ok, so Z Smiths attorneys finally figured out that if the game plan is to deny there was ever any abuse, he should be trying to get his job back or seeking money for wrongful termination.   It sounds like this is what they are planning to spin, nothing to see here, nothing happened, UM is innocent because of this and Herman is a POS who paid the ex-wife and then started a vicious rumor.  

Except, the text messages where smith admitted abusing her.   Where he went on tv and said he didn't mean to abuse her, the bruises were defensive maneuvers.  Arrests.  Restraining order.  Police reports.  

And so now herman is a bigger POS than all of them "if he knew back then and said nothing".   The crazy over there is staggering.   

From a rational point of view it looks more like hermans wife was friends with Courtney.   After Herman left, obviously things escalated and in 2015 people were aware including UMs wife.  In 2017 the hermans helped Courtney with $$ for a divorce.   After Herman left OSU where is his responsibility to tell OSU administration about new information of abuse of a former colleagues wife?  He doesn't work there any longer so who was he supposed to tell?  Help support your wife's friend in need?  Sure.   

A lot of people keep forgetting that it was yet another incident just a couple months ago that seems to have sparked all of this.  I'm not saying Herman did or didn't go to the press but someone did.   And why after all this time?  Well, the couple are divorced, and the Douchebag is still being a Douchebag and broke a restraining order.  

If I were in hermans position and knew my wife's friend had been abused and was still on the receiving end of shit from a shitbag, and that nothing was being done about it because of all the reasons we currently know, the press seems like a pretty damn good option.

UM is solely responsible for the hole he dug, keeping a Shitbag around for years and then lying about it.   This story could have died on the vine with a quick firing and an apology for not having done it sooner, but  hubris won that round.  

• Like 1

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games