2018 Longhorns Fall Practice/Football Season Thread

Tex Pete

4 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

me too.  i havent allowed myself to get this hopeful in 5-6 years.  we have a long history of stepping on our dicks while at the same time shooting ourselves in the foot. herman's recruiting is starting to scare me, he retained his inept offensive coordinator, we lost several players to the draft that were advised not to enter the draft.  these are all bad signs.  oh wait, did i say i was hopeful?   lots of quality depth throughout the roster, we were in some games the last couple of years that if we can keep our synapses from misfiring we would have had excellent seasons.  the close losses are uncanny.  frustrating, but it does mean we're close.

So we are shooting ourselves in the dick?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HuskiesHorns said:

Anyone know if there's any chance we can get that LSU QB grad transfer?

We're not taking on any more QBs.

There's also the fact that McMillan isn't very good. There's a reason LSU was his only P5 offer.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

[Little girl giggles] Yes, Tech. His best position is at corner. [/ giggle]

You can bag on him if you want. He’s not the most fleet of foot. But he quietly played a lot of solid DB for us when protected by a sideline and given some help over the top.  That’s not a sin or uncommon in the college game. 

He also knows where to be and how to get there as a safety. His floor is dependable backup who won’t become the target of most offenses. Certainly not our anemic attack. And you could do a lot worse than having guys like that on the roster. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Like 1

You can bag on him if you want. He’s not the most fleet of foot. But he quietly played a lot of solid DB for us when protected by a sideline and given some help over the top.  That’s not a sin or uncommon in the college game. 
He also knows where to be and how to get there as a safety. His floor is dependable backup who won’t become the target of most offenses. Certainly not our anemic attack. And you could do a lot worse than having guys like that on the roster. 
Yeah, he may have been recruited over on the 40, but he'll help sand aggy defend the pass a bit better..

1 hour ago, CastHorn said:

When is Coach Herman’s next Media Availability? I want to hear his perspective on the Linebackers.

1 hour ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

I want to hear coach Orlando’s perspective on the linebackers.

I want to hear no Surly members perspective on the linebackers. 

1 hour ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Yeah he had some good moments, and even a good game or two at corner (rapeU in '16 is the only one coming to mind) but I can remember plenty more times screaming at the TV "they're going after him... got beat again" and wondering if CS just loved watching people suffer knowing full well that shit was going to happen. 

Now, once he moved to safety, you could see his football IQ kick in and hid his athletic deficiency which is essentially what I originally posted to the thread. 

TLDR-- No problem with Bonney and hope tech puts him at corner where we know he can be exploited. 

25 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I have no problem with poets.....

I am an angry old man though.

All music genres are not the same, he is a talented artist in his subgroup that he helped to actually create  a bigger audience by working with Wiz Khalifa & Curren$y...

And I am sure you are not crazy, as the world seems to become a bit more out of place on some "common sense" things to me, as I'm blessed with the wisdom from age...