2018 Longhorns Fall Practice/Football Season Thread

Tex Pete

32 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Kind of late in the process to transfer.

Bonney will be missed at least for depth.

Sounds like Bonney at least got his degree. 

I had always hoped the light would come on for Cuff but it seemed like every time he was in he'd get turned around or burned deep. I hope he can get it fixed wherever he ends up.

46 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Which games should I attend? Trying to sit low but also not spend a fortune. Thinking Baylor and TCU, but I'm itching for a game so also may go to Tulsa. 

WVU should be a good game. That and Iowa State if they put together another good season. They're lower profile than the Baylor and TCU games. 

I think Tulsa could turn out to be a lot of fun. CDC's first home opener and the introduction of Bevo Blvd/Longhorn City Limits so they're going to go all out with them. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB is saying that neither Dele's nor Overshown's injuries are season-enders, but they'll probably miss several weeks.

Miss the next several weeks of practice or miss several weeks of games??

1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

WVU should be a good game. That and Iowa State if they put together another good season. They're lower profile than the Baylor and TCU games. 

I think Tulsa could turn out to be a lot of fun. CDC's first home opener and the introduction of Bevo Blvd/Longhorn City Limits so they're going to go all out with them. 

Fuck yeah. I'm absolutely ready to get back to some Texas football games. I've been going to watch Florida get their ass kicked last year I'm going to wait for their new coach to get their shit together before I go to another one of those.

19 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I wonder if those transfers make Jamison a full time defensive player now.  I'm guessing yes unless he was really moving up the depth chart on offense.

Jamison is the third-string nickel, I'm pretty sure. Not sure if Bonney leaving had any effect on that.

I'm not sure Cuffee leaving had any effect on anything.

Jamison is the third-string nickel, I'm pretty sure. Not sure if Bonney leaving had any effect on that.
I'm not sure Cuffee leaving had any effect on anything.
Losing Bonney means losing experienced depth, but yeah..not sure Cuffee was going to contribute much this year.

This shit needs to be put on a blimp for us for recruiting purposes
Yeah, nice gesture by Herman, and Bonney won't really help tortilla tech beat us this year, (he's one and done) but not sure it's a good precedent allowing players to transfer within the conference...especially ours where we have to play everyone every year.

18 minutes ago, ousux said:
24 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:
This shit needs to be put on a blimp for us for recruiting purposes

Yeah, nice gesture by Herman, and Bonney won't really help tortilla tech beat us this year, (he's one and done) but not sure it's a good precedent allowing players to transfer within the conference...especially ours where we have to play everyone every year.

Agree, What happens when someone wants to transfer to OU and Herman blocks it.. All of a sudden it becomes news. 

Agree, What happens when someone wants to transfer to OU and Herman blocks it.. All of a sudden it becomes news. 

If a guy spends four years at Texas, gets a degree and doesn’t cause problems, he should be able to go wherever he wants (yes, even OU, however his degree should be revoked at that point). This isn’t a precedent for some freshman that’s not happy with his playing time to bolt to anywhere in the conference they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 7

While it’s a nice gesture that Herman allowed Bonney to transfer to Tech, given the fact we lost to them last year, and the significant impact of having to play a bad DB (whoever Bonney replaces) I would not have done that. We really shouldn’t be giving Tech a better chance to beat us again.

34 minutes ago, txhorns said:

If Bonney is the difference in us beating or losing to Tech this year then we have much bigger problems.

It’s not about Bonney’s play. He knows the team and playbook pretty well, don’t you think?

*Not that it should matter. We should mud-hole Tech even if they sit in on game planning meetings, but it hasn’t worked out well for us without them having the entire playbook.

Edited by Casual Encounter

30 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

It’s not about Bonney’s play. He knows the team and playbook pretty well, don’t you think?

*Not that it should matter. We should mud-hole Tech even if they sit in on game planning meetings, but it hasn’t worked out well for us without them having the entire playbook.

You have forgotten our secret weapon...Tim Beck. No one knows what the fuck he is going to call...probably not even him.

That's a bit overblown as a competitive advantage, NFL teams release and trade players all the time. Sure players changing teams can help their new team out a bit versus their old one, but it usually isn't a difference maker..
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ousux said:
37 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

That's a bit overblown as a competitive advantage, NFL teams release and trade players all the time. Sure players changing teams can help their new team out a bit versus their old one, but it usually isn't a difference maker..

I’m just playing devils advocate. However, if a game is close, any advantage helps.