High

nivek3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I bought some of those fake weed gummies they sell in Texas now. What the fuck. How is this legal. I’m so high. 

Yea it’s not really fake it’s just a different strain of thc that they have a loophole for, it 8, and 9 is the one that’s illegal.  It’s like 20-30% weaker then normal thc.  

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

I nought a disposable d8 vape pen yesterday. I'm enjoying that more than the edibles with more control over things.

just a heads up, I was chilling in port A and stared up a conversation with a guy at the pool. Turns out he works for UT and does medical research. My mom did that too so we chatted a little. Guy just finished a study confirming that vaping carts or glycerin is really bad for you. Worse than smoking cigarettes. He said it still needs to be peer reviewed but those things will take 15yrs off the end of your life. /CSB

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

just a heads up, I was chilling in port A and stared up a conversation with a guy at the pool. Turns out he works for UT and does medical research. My mom did that too so we chatted a little. Guy just finished a study confirming that vaping carts or glycerin is really bad for you. Worse than smoking cigarettes. He said it still needs to be peer reviewed but those things will take 15yrs off the end of your life. /CSB

I, for one, would be genuinely shocked to learn that the tobacco and weed  industries do not consider the long term health interests of their customers as their prime directives. This goes equally for the established billion dollar tobacco behemoths like Phillip Morris, or the many Delta 8 THC fly by night operations whose entire existence is predicated on loopholes to avoid regulations. 

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yeah I can certainly see that especially with it being the wild west out here in the d8 world. I'll probably finish this one over the next few months then partake in a gummy from time to time until we can get it legal here and I can switch to some good flower. Hopefully that's in the next 5 years or so.

5 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I keep hearing stories like this but not many studies that has actually been published say anything close to this, hints why the anti vape commercials just say it’s a gateway to actual smoking or contains nicotine that’s bad or that it will make you hooked or the studies on Chinese companies making juices and finding trace amounts of bad chemicals.  Not saying that might not be the case or that those studies aren’t hushed by money which is possible but most studies that are out still find it’s much healthier then actually smoking.  Unless you buy the black market stuff that was killing people a few years ago.  

Edited by Hook1997

https://nypost.com/2020/01/24/passenger-at-chicago-airport-steals-marijuana-from-cannabis-amnesty-box/

“The TSA also made clear that authorities are not targeting passengers carrying marijuana – it is legal to have in the state’s airports – but it is still illegal to fly with any drug, as airspace is regulated by the federal government and the drug is still illegal under federal law.

“The TSA also does not actively search for “marijuana or cannabis-infused products” at security checkpoints across the nation’s airports, but the agents are “obligated to report the discovery of any drugs or substances that are illegal under federal law,” a spokesperson for the TSA told Fox News earlier this month. Local police then determine what further action to take, if any.”

Good to know since I’m in Chicago all week.

Hit a dispensary last night just to see what’s what. 

Prices on flower are running $60-$70 for an 1/8th, plus tax.

Edibles are running about 40¢/mg, so a 100mg pack (10 x 10mg) is $40.

Half gram vape carts are $60-$80. 

Concentrates start at $60/gram. 

Rape, but legal.

If you watch for daily specials you can come out better. For example a dispensary has a special today for $79 1/4’s. 

Funny seeing $60 for an 1/8th next to it.

Zips are $400 +/-, for reference.

I did pick up a few samples. They’re alright. Better than expected even. Mine is much better and less costly though. 

On 7/7/2021 at 1:22 PM, thunderlounge said:

Rape, but legal.

If you watch for daily specials you can come out better. For example a dispensary has a special today for $79 1/4’s. 

I did pick up a few samples. They’re alright. Better than expected even. Mine is much better and less costly though. 

That seems way expensive. What city we talking here?

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

That seems way expensive. What city we talking here?

It is way expensive. 

Medical dispensaries are just really starting to open and getting to where they have product. Once supply catches up then prices should go down. 

Not a defense of it, just how it is. Checked it out for the novelty, but definitely sticking with my own and it ain’t even close.

One shop had carts on sale yesterday for half price for “oil day.” I did pick a few up. I’ve already started to dig in on reading about making vape juice and either filling my own carts or getting a refillable setup. 

No, I won’t be using the cheapest shit and killing myself like those idiots a couple years ago.

It will be the clean and pure stuff, whatever equipment I need to get. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

It is way expensive. 

Medical dispensaries are just really starting to open and getting to where they have product. Once supply catches up then prices should go down. 

Not a defense of it, just how it is. Checked it out for the novelty, but definitely sticking with my own and it ain’t even close.

One shop had carts on sale yesterday for half price for “oil day.” I did pick a few up. I’ve already started to dig in on reading about making vape juice and either filling my own carts or getting a refillable setup. 

No, I won’t be using the cheapest shit and killing myself like those idiots a couple years ago.

It will be the clean and pure stuff, whatever equipment I need to get. 

Let us know what setup you go with. I was reading about doing this yesterday. 

I got put on the Texas Compassionate Use Program about 3 weeks back. The system as its setup is really weird. I got my first prescription 2 weeks ago, and have been experimenting with a Sativa 2.5mg THC+2.5mg CBD mix, and a Sativa 5mg THC gummy. Next month, I'll try the Indica. So far I've mostly taken the CBD every day 2 times a day, and the THC on the weekends (to see how I feel), but I may move to CBD every morning and THC at night after the gym.

Mixed results so far, so I'm not sure if it'll actually help me manage my main underlying issue that got me put on the program, I'm told it might need to build up. However, I have noticed I've been sleeping better, it was almost immediate, even though supposedly Sativa is the one that supposedly gives you energy.

Edited by MillerEP

On 7/7/2021 at 1:22 PM, thunderlounge said:

Rape, but legal.

In Colorado the gummies are $17 for 10 x 10mg.  The fast acting ones are a little more at $25 (20 x 5mg)

I know you boys aren’t much of a fan of Oklahoma. But if any of y’all live here and have your card swing by Cookies on Northwest expressway. They have some GMO flower right now that is killer. Picked some of that and a couple prerolls of Lemon pepper and they are both amazing. Just a heads up.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

I know you boys aren’t much of a fan of Oklahoma. But if any of y’all live here and have your card swing by Cookies on Northwest expressway. They have some GMO flower right now that is killer. Picked some of that and a couple prerolls of Lemon pepper and they are both amazing. Just a heads up.

I cannot explain how much it irks my soul to know that Oklafuckinhoma is ahead of us on this.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, cactusflinthead said:

I cannot explain how much it irks my soul to know that Oklafuckinhoma is ahead of us on this.

I’ll be honest I never thought I would see it in my life time. This state seems to fuck shit up pretty easily. But they did well on this. The whole process was pretty damn easy. We go to Dallas a bunch for 7vs7 tournaments and I always take refer with me.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Is New Mexico closer to Austin that Oklahoma? Because if so, I still have no reason to go there. Hurry up, New Mexico and start up your dispensaries, please. 

I’m pretty sure New Mexico has dispensaries already.   

9 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Is New Mexico closer to Austin that Oklahoma? Because if so, I still have no reason to go there. Hurry up, New Mexico and start up your dispensaries, please. 

Looks like Hobbs, NM would be the closest town big enough for a rec dispensary in NM. Google Maps says it's a tick over 400 miles. Meanwhile, Durant, OK is about 300 miles from Austin, so unfortunately Oklahoma would still be closer. 

To continue the theme, Lake Charles is about the same distance as Durant at 307 miles, but the closest place that you might be able to buy legal weed in the not too distant future would be Ciudad Acuna at 231 miles. Of course there's that pesky international border to deal with there. 

I still think the AUS-DEN direct flight on SWA is the way to go. Spend a night in Denver, catch a Rockies game or a show at Red Rocks, then replenish your stash and fly home. 

• Drool 1

On 7/15/2021 at 8:04 AM, Pescado_Rojo said:

Looks like Hobbs, NM would be the closest town big enough for a rec dispensary in NM. Google Maps says it's a tick over 400 miles. Meanwhile, Durant, OK is about 300 miles from Austin, so unfortunately Oklahoma would still be closer. 

To continue the theme, Lake Charles is about the same distance as Durant at 307 miles, but the closest place that you might be able to buy legal weed in the not too distant future would be Ciudad Acuna at 231 miles. Of course there's that pesky international border to deal with there. 

I still think the AUS-DEN direct flight on SWA is the way to go. Spend a night in Denver, catch a Rockies game or a show at Red Rocks, then replenish your stash and fly home. 

There is a dispensary in Madill Oklahoma that has amazing flower. I stop by there when we go to our place at lake texoma. 

On 7/12/2021 at 4:09 PM, MillerEP said:

I got put on the Texas Compassionate Use Program about 3 weeks back. The system as its setup is really weird. I got my first prescription 2 weeks ago, and have been experimenting with a Sativa 2.5mg THC+2.5mg CBD mix, and a Sativa 5mg THC gummy. Next month, I'll try the Indica. So far I've mostly taken the CBD every day 2 times a day, and the THC on the weekends (to see how I feel), but I may move to CBD every morning and THC at night after the gym.

Mixed results so far, so I'm not sure if it'll actually help me manage my main underlying issue that got me put on the program, I'm told it might need to build up. However, I have noticed I've been sleeping better, it was almost immediate, even though supposedly Sativa is the one that supposedly gives you energy.

Wow man, sorry to hear you’re unwell. I’m not sure how your program works, what you can get, etc. 

However if you have general questions on strains, types, etc I will help in any way I can. 

One note on CBD that I’ve found is that to be really effective and helpful is you need to smoke it. Ingesting it you really need to eat a lot of CBD to get relief. Not all stoned out, but relief. 

If you can find flower (or vape cartridge) that is a 1:1 thc/cbd ratio, with around 15% each of thc and cbd, it works so much better. I can’t say from personal experience if something like 8% of each would work with the same dose, but maybe. I haven’t tried anything weaker, but may be worth trying.

I run one called cream & cheese that is sold by seedsman under their own brand. A very close friend has his med card and grow license like I do. I gave him a couple of my seeds and he started a mother from a cutting of them. Since then we have alternated growing one out and split the harvest. That way we aren’t both giving up one slot to it every time. 

It’s worked out well and the strain does really well. It doesn’t blast you out of your mind, but it isn’t pussy shit. The cbd balances out and smooths the thc buzz, and it makes it a little easier on lightweights. 

I can have some of it on it’s own, or I can mix a little salet with another strain for whatever my needs are at the time. 

Vape cartridges are an option, but if you have specific needs I’m not sure how those work. Some just add thc from whatever, throw in some terpenes, and that’s that. 

Others do actually make a true strain specific juice, and do add additional terpenes, but they are from the same strain. So you kind of have to read a bit find out what is what. 

Anyway, if I can help just holler either with an @ or drop me a pm if you prefer. If I don’t have an immediate answer, I can get one fairly quick. 

Also if you prefer edibles, I can help with that too. Even if you have to buy the wax on your own at street or their prices, it still comes out way cheaper unless the prices are already low like mentioned in Colorado.

Unfortunately vaping isn't an option for the TCUP. In Austin, there are only two dispensaries, and they pretty much both offer the same thing.

Gummies, Tinctures, or Lozenges. The dispensary I went to is Goodblend (formerly Suterra), and as of this week, offers a mango fruit drink. I'll try one of the drinks next week (delivery takes forever).

After about a month of pretty much straight usage, I did find that it kinda helps, but the feeling is temporary.  It'll work for a while but when it wears off after about 5-6 hours everything is back. I even experimented with not taking my prescription medication for about 4 days only taking CBD in the mornings and THC at night, and it was a fairly successful experiment. Of course, I didn't want a roller coaster of working, then wore off, then waiting for the next gummy to take effect, so I went back on my medication which suppresses everything for a full 24 hours. So I'm not sure if I just didn't wait long enough, or whatever, but that's a semi-positive review.

Either way, still sleeping great though, so now I'm going to keep experimenting with Indica, the drinks, and eventually the tincture, and I'll report back if I find anything new.

Wow. They really got a clamp down. 

What are the tincture, gummy, and edible prices?

Is wax, shatter or rosin offered? If so, you can potentially cut some cost by making your own from a concentrated form, or even making capsules if you would rather cut caloric intake.

However prices may not cooperate, but if so it’s pretty easy. Edibles are kind of a scam anyway. I know the cost for me is dirt cheap. Why? Using good trim and the popcorn/larf that isn’t pretty and won’t end up as a flower sale.

Anyway, if I can help just holler.