2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:
My mom surprised me by leaving work early and bringing home tickets to that game that some exec in her sales dept gave her. Everyone at her company knew her son was a big Astros fan so she got freebies to a lot of Astros games during those years.  School let out around the same time the game started so we didn't get there until the third inning. First thing on the scoreboard that I looked at was the visitor's goose egg under the hit line. That was a very unforgettable sports day.

10 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

What?
Gomez
Gregerson
Giles
Come to mind off the top of the top of my head in the last 3 years... and that’s just the letter G

I meant that Lidge was the last before Giles. 

Others have been booed because of poor performances, but the boos with Lidge and Giles would start as soon as they were announced.

I guess it started getting that way with Gomez too, but I have tried to block out 2016.

45 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I am hoping for a late game that day, but I know it's not gonna happen.  We're going to Fredericksburg for Oktoberfest that Saturday.

With the other AL series possibly BOS-NYY or even if it's BOS-OAK, we aren't going to get any late games.

I think there was a potential Canadian visa issue that is now moot.

Don't be a piece of shit, Osuna.

Astros statement

https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/roberto-osuna-agrees-to-peace-bond-for-a-year/c-295972434

Osuna agrees to peace bond; charges dropped
MLB.com

The Houston Astros released the following statement regarding Roberto Osuna, who agreed to a peace bond for one year.

"Today, the Ontario Court of Justice withdrew the assault charge against Roberto Osuna. The Houston Astros look forward to Roberto continuing his commitment to be a productive and caring part of our community.

"The Astros remain committed to increase our support regarding the issues of domestic violence and abuse of any kind. We have engaged with a number of local, state and national organizations -- and we look forward to working with them in the short term and over the long term." 

MLB Network keeps saying that Astros clinch with a win, but they are wrong.   They would clinch at least a tie and game 163.  Need to finish tonight, and A’s lose or finish it on the field tomorrow.   
I know what needs to happen and I'm confident it will.

Like i said. We celebrating tomorrow