2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Put the entire bullpen on a bus to New York. Fuck it make them Uber.

Leave them in Cleveland.

cruel and unusual punishment?

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Devo.. 1 IP, no hits or walks, threw nine pitches.  Yeah, let’s yank him.

That’s two games against expected playoff teams we flat out gave away because our coaching staff (can’t blame Hinch this time) are morons.

Hinch was still making the calls, just from inside the clubhouse.

14 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Waive Marwin, or trade him. I'm not even kidding

I don't know about that, but I've been saying for weeks that he should be starting no more than twice per week. And he should never be hitting 5th. Bottom of the order utility guy - that's who he always was until 2017, which was clearly an aberration. 

I don't know about that, but I've been saying for weeks that he should be starting no more than twice per week. And he should never be hitting 5th. Bottom of the order utility guy - that's who he always was until 2017, which was clearly an aberration. 

All of this

38 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

Everyone in our bullpen outside of Devo should feel bad. But, I blame myself for talking shit about the Indians Bullpen after the 2nd game. Sorry guys

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Joe Smith of all people did his job too.  We might as well have let Sipp try to finish it off.

I’m still mad about that game.

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Has he had a single clutch hit this year?

Last big hit I can remember is the HR against Jansen in game 2 of the WS.

I hear you. Without that incredible HR against LA, I don’t think we have a title. But as with stock funds, past performance is no guarantee of future results. He’s been flat-out bad this year. We must do better. 

Alright, that game yesterday was a kick in the nuts. But today’s a new day, and it’s time to kick some yankee ass.

JV is on the hill.

Altuve is going to start a new streak.

Oso Blanco is going to turnip the beet.

We are going to win the series by winning today, and helobious will wander the streets of Harlingen in despair.

49MfMcQ.jpg

And the goddamned German’s got nothing to do with it!

24 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I can’t wait for Marwin to carry us this Yankee series

As soon as surly piles on a guy, he takes off. It’s science

I got pissed at him in the first series of the season against Arlington.  He earned it though with his bullshit attidude and asshattery at the plate.  It got to the point where he was ejected for it too.

Then he started making work, doing Marwinning shit like being a more than capable fielder and getting timely hits, so that he provided platooning capability for Hinch.

That bunt he laid down the other night was about as close to perfect as he could get.  but lately, it's also been an endless parade of crappy ABs without advancing runners.  It just seems sometimes like he isn't trying...or he's waiting for the absolute perfect pitch.  he bats almost completely opposite of Altuve-  it's passive as hell and it grates against the grain of how this squad is wired. I'm not saying he can hit like Altuve, but he could be an ounce more aggressive at the plate, for crisakes.

It sticks out big time.  He needs to get back to making those Marwin-type contributions that help the team be successful.

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Need to hang 2 or 3 more on this pitcher and force them use up their pen while Verlander goes 8 or 9.

Forget going 8. We need to win this one. JV all the way.

And already I'm reminded why I'd rather not see Marwin or Jake getting meaningful ABs for Houston again any time soon. Maybe ever. 

Give me kemp in place of jake/marwin. Stassi/davis platoon at dh.

Dfa marwin,jake, and gattis. 

Love to know why jeff/aj still beleive in jake and marwin. For a front office into data they sure arent looking at thier career numbers