2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

17 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

13 combined hits in the last 24 hrs between 2017 MVP and 2018 MVP.
Is that good?

Pitchers traditionally start out the season a little ahead of hitters. But I’m confident our middle infielders will get it going soon. 

1 hour ago, slorch said:

LOlz.

So sell me on Marwin's results at the plate...and subsequent/ finality of getting tossed.

Enlighten me, motherfucker... more called strikes MUST be the recipe for success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't judge someone on 4 fucking games.  You don't disregard years of track record.

Last year people on Shag wanted Springer dropped to the bottom of the order in May. 

And the same fuckwits wanted him dropped in order in playoffs. Right before he went off for World Series mvp. 

And if you haven’t noticed, we’ve faced a shitload of lefties — Marwin is much less effective against them  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, slorch said:

bootiefuckinghoo

Great job with some new players on the roster.

Great start to the season.

That being said, there's nothing wrong at all with calling out a bitchass performance across multiple games.  Marwin needs to cut out his fucking act and be a man.

That's all.

You are like the Marwin of the Internets.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Marwin was tossed for kicking a ball between innings. Dumb.

Can you imagine growing up as one of Slorch's kids.

one went to West Point

The other to Tech.

So disappointing,  you can type "LOLz" but yeah, they're pretty damned OK with how they were raised.

the effort piece kind of translates across occupations.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

.500 is great! In baseball. 

It's still about 4X the effort for Marwin at the plate...

Why you no like the military?

Edited by slorch

In related news, we'll be at osso and kristalla around 10, biggos by 11 and hopefully meet up with some of y'all, Phil, tomorrow afternoon at luckys/home plate

My plan is Lucky’s around 12. Migrate toward Home Plate Bar and Grill at some point.

6 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

never mind, low blow

You will never hurt my feelings on here.

a good shot is a good shot.

As far as my kids go, it's like having Altuve and Correa in my own house.

Marwin is the fuckhead down the street.

3 hours ago, Mez2 said:

In related news, we'll be at osso and kristalla around 10, biggos by 11 and hopefully meet up with some of y'all, Phil, tomorrow afternoon at luckys/home plate

As soon as I’m done signing my lease I’m headed to biggios to meet y’all. 

14 minutes ago, ERhine said:

If you're moving to Houston who is going to take care of Mez' brother in Austin?

Supposedly, he's moving back, my brother. Not necessarily Phil, but what's the difference

Edited by Mez2

9 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Meanwhile, in the Rangers thread they're arguing about whether or not it's okay to have a color commentator who's a white supremacist.  And a couple of them think the Rangers might not be that good this year.

If they really do want to tank and trade Beltre, maybe a certain utility guy would be a fair swap.

The Angels look like legit competition in the West, especially with a healthy Trout. Of course the 'Stros win the division but I expect LAA to be there for a wildcard at the end of the year.

It’s been 4 games... and they played the A’s.
Tap the brakes...

(But yeah, you’re probably right ...although not sure about the “legit competition” choice of words)

The Angels will likely finish second in the division, but they are not much to worry about unless the Astros have horrible luck with injuries.

Also, I wonder if the Astros somehow fixed Cole's fastball.  He was spinning that pitch harder in his appearance yesterday than he has in years.  

Sitting here at work getting shit done before I head downtown to kick this party off.

Sec 325 in the house.

DvsTWts.jpg

What’s worse than wearing a jersey of a player? Wearing the jersey of a coach that never actually plays

...don’t care...that is sweet. I’m ordering one of those as soon as a I get a chance.

13 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

What’s worse than wearing a jersey of a player? Wearing the jersey of a coach that never actually plays

...don’t care...that is sweet. I’m ordering one of those as soon as a I get a chance.

Lol... Does it change your opinion if you knew my last name is Strom?   And that my HS jersey number was 53?