Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're doubling down.  You're actually doubling down.

He was 14 when the war ended.  He was a Jew.  From Hungary.  You think he served in the Nazi SS? 

I hear all the Eastern European Jewish kids were clamoring to join Hitler's Youth.  Many people are saying.  A lot. 

Just now, Bateshorn said:

That's pretty normal, actually.  It's very rare for a senator to buck their majority leader on a motion to proceed.  It's like supporting the rule in the House.

Yup.  Lots of examples of a Senator voting on cloture and then voting against it. 

Just now, Degenerate Gardner said:

That may be true, but I don't think Flake's hero aspirations are owed to a desire to do the right thing or serve the greater good.  It has more to do with trying to set a narrative for a Presidential run and divining which option has the greater ROI.  Call it vanity or ambition, that's a distinction without difference in this case.

Exactly and how history will remember him.

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Athiest here. What of it?

Nothing.  Plenty of good people are atheists.  I just find it weird that everyone on here things criticizing Soros (who is self described atheist) as being anti-Semitic. 

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That's the part of that message that jumped out to you as being a big deal?

Yes, because the nazi part is obvious ignorance/trolling and something they won't address to clarify anyways. Athiests are not nazis in anyway and that slander impacts me directly. So yes, that's a big deal to point out to me. 

It truly is incredible watching Republicans trying to spin and pin the blame on everyone but the GOP.  YOU HAVE THE MAJORITY.  No Dem can stop this confirmation. 

McConnell, Grassley, Graham, etc. are all despicable, clever fuckheads.  They yell and scream and deflect the blame off of themselves, and the Republican base eats the turd sandwich with a proud smile on their face. These senators know Rs are proudly "team over country", and they're taking advantage of their clogged fucking brains with manipulation and deceit. 

God forbid any R genuinely assesses the situation and puts the blame squarely on the GOP for this fucking clown show.  The cult and cuck like behavior reminds me of something...

WHOOOOOP!

trump-morning-report-04122018.jpg?itok=-

10 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

A little late to the party, but one question has stuck with me during this month long circus:

How did we get to the point where a 85 year old windbag farmer from Iowa (a state with less than 1% of the country’s population) is leading the committee that confirms god damn Supreme Court justices to a life time appointment?? Like what the fuck

Do you even rotten borough bro?

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Collins said she would reveal her final vote decision later today.

This is why I couldn't get elected to the Senate.  I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to have a bunch of hats in front of me that say yes, no, maybe, who knows, etc. if I did this.  Then after a long drum roll I would announce my intention to sign a letter of intent to Kentucky.

• Like 1

Just now, SmokeyTheBear said:

Yes, because the nazi part is obvious ignorance/trolling and something they won't address to clarify anyways. Athiests are not nazis in anyway and that slander impacts me directly. So yes, that's a big deal to point out to me. 

Is this fair?

Atheists =/= Nazi

Atheists =/= Jewish

Soros = Atheist

Soros =/= Jewish

It's a done deal if Manchin is an aye on the motion to proceed.  He wants to be the 51st vote, not the 50th.

I had a sneaking suspicion that Murkowski is a no. She's got some "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me" in her game.

Edited by Bateshorn

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

While they were boofing.

My friend's Trump loving Aunt was arguing on facebook, and asked "what's your version of a devil's triangle" and I got to explain it in technical terms to a god-fearing Christian and it's been the highlight of my week. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

So her five witnesses and including life long friend are all part of the cover up and calling her a liar?

we do now have evidence from the FBI that he lifelong friend was pressured to change her testimony. 

Follow reality

Completely inaccurate.  Fucking Trumpism is just damaging peoples brains 

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

My friend's Trump loving Aunt was arguing on facebook, and asked "what's your version of a devil's triangle" and I got to explain it in technical terms to a god-fearing Christian and it's been the highlight of my week. 

Tell me you worked the Eiffel tower into the description.

Edited by Bateshorn

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

It's a done deal if Manchin is an aye on the motion to proceed.  He wants to be the 51st vote, not the 50th.

I had a sneaking suspicion that Murkowski is a no. She's got some "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me" in her game.

I don't see how Manchin voting to proceed is indicative of him voting to confirm.  Totally different ballgames.

3 minutes ago, Amobie said:

Is this fair?

Atheists =/= Nazi

Atheists =/= Jewish

Soros = Atheist

Soros =/= Jewish

Not necessarily true. There is a Jewish nationality and race that he could align himself with and still not be a practicing jew. Regardless, those labels mean nothing to his actions other than to distract. 

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Man, I'm so jealous. This is so awesome.

1 minute ago, happyfunball said:

If Murkowski is a no, he won't be confirmed tomorrow.

Wouldn't surprise me if McConnell called the vote to try to put the screws to Manchin, assuming that he thinks Flake and Collins will fall in line.

Just now, Gap03 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if McConnell called the vote to try to put the screws to Manchin, assuming that he thinks Flake and Collins will fall in line.

as Bateshorn said, Manchin will not cast the deciding vote for Kavanaugh.  If he votes yes, it will be because Cocaine Mitch has enough Republican yes votes to confirm him.

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Not necessarily true. There is a Jewish nationality and race that he could align himself with and still not be a practicing jew. Regardless, those labels mean nothing to his actions other than to distract. 

His family was non-observant growing up.