Should I wear a football jersey to the Tulsa game?

Jersey Man10

I need to weigh in on this topic and what I’m going to say might surprise y’all. I don’t think wearing a jersey to a UT game as an alum is a great look. I own a VY fake “authentic” jersey that I have never worn to a UT game. College football and the NFL have different type of fanbases and scenes. College football fans are much more educated and the likelihood of seeing a classmate or rival from law school is great. I don’t want to look like a schmuck wearing a jersey when only a small percentage of adults are wearing one at a UT game when I might run into former classmates with their wives and families. NFL games are completely different and the percentage of fans wearing jerseys is probably 60-70% of the total. You are not going to stand out and if you see someone you know they will most likely be in similar garb. For Tulsa, I will be wearing a burnt orange UT golf shirt and jeans.

• Like 1

I like wearing jerseys...don’t do it as much as I did when I was younger but a nice collection of college, NFL, MLB and NBA jerseys still have a spot in my closet.

Add: IDGAF what people think of what I’m wearing...ever. 

Edited by Tailgate
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 12:35 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:

I need to weigh in on this topic and what I’m going to say might surprise y’all. I don’t think wearing a jersey to a UT game as an alum is a great look. I own a VY fake “authentic” jersey that I have never worn to a UT game. College football and the NFL have different type of fanbases and scenes. College football fans are much more educated and the likelihood of seeing a classmate or rival from law school is great. I don’t want to look like a schmuck wearing a jersey when only a small percentage of adults are wearing one at a UT game when I might run into former classmates with their wives and families. NFL games are completely different and the percentage of fans wearing jerseys is probably 60-70% of the total. You are not going to stand out and if you see someone you know they will most likely be in similar garb. For Tulsa, I will be wearing a burnt orange UT golf shirt and jeans.

That whole dick sucking episode is making a lot more sense now.

• Haha 1

I grew up a Longhorn fan but got my undergrad from Tulsa. Since this game was scheduled, friends would ask me who I was rooting for. I always said Texas. A Texas loss would fuck up the season. A Tulsa loss is nothing to them.

But after this past weekend, I am more tempted to wear my Tulsa shirt (with a Texas hat). Maybe a narrow Texas win just to put more pressure on Mensa.

Who started this shit? Wear what you want to the game for fucks sake? As long as it fits (and by that it means not two sizes too small-unless you are a stripper) and looks decent who cares? I can see why in NFL games. But I remember when the Big 12 told the Purple Wizard (not the greatest coach in our life but certainly one of the coolest) to stop wearing his Windbreaker jackets that didn’t have current teams playing on them. I get that to a certain extent but what if those jackets were his mojo? Maybe guys should rethink skinny jeans.

11 hours ago, RexWilson said:

I grew up a Longhorn fan but got my undergrad from Tulsa. Since this game was scheduled, friends would ask me who I was rooting for. I always said Texas. A Texas loss would fuck up the season. A Tulsa loss is nothing to them.

But after this past weekend, I am more tempted to wear my Tulsa shirt (with a Texas hat). Maybe a narrow Texas win just to put more pressure on Mensa.

You don't sound like much of a Longhorn fan to me, fuckface. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Who started this shit? Wear what you want to the game for fucks sake? As long as it fits (and by that it means not two sizes too small-unless you are a stripper) and looks decent who cares? I can see why in NFL games. But I remember when the Big 12 told the Purple Wizard (not the greatest coach in our life but certainly one of the coolest) to stop wearing his Windbreaker jackets that didn’t have current teams playing on them. I get that to a certain extent but what if those jackets were his mojo? Maybe guys should rethink skinny jeans.

Isn't the point that grown men in jersey's don't look decent, but ridiculous?  Also, jerseys are always too big and don't fit, unless they're tailored, which is even more ridiculous.  I'm not following "wear what you want" followed by "as long as it fits and looks decent."  You kind of contradict yourself there.  If you really believe "wear what you want," you can't really qualify it.  I'm pretty open to people wearing what they want, but I draw a few lines, and grown ass men in jerseys is one of them.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Isn't the point that grown men in jersey's don't look decent, but ridiculous?  Also, jerseys are always too big and don't fit, unless they're tailored, which is even more ridiculous.  I'm not following "wear what you want" followed by "as long as it fits and looks decent."  You kind of contradict yourself there.  If you really believe "wear what you want," you can't really qualify it.  I'm pretty open to people wearing what they want, but I draw a few lines, and grown ass men in jerseys is one of them.  

I assume you have never worn a t-shirt for the band you went to see. 

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

That's completely different.  The comparison is wearing a team T-shirt or polo, which I don't think anyone takes issue with. 

You haven't seen the movie then? Wear what you think makes you look the best. I broke my collarbone. I Tony Romo'd myself as my brother says. I would love to wear lots of shit. Can't. Unless you think a 8 inch scar along your right neck line is sexy. If I had to choose one....guys look best in khaki shorts/ pants. Always a good look. It really doesn't matter what you wear on top. 

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

You haven't seen the movie then? Wear what you think makes you look the best. I broke my collarbone. I Tony Romo'd myself as my brother says. I would love to wear lots of shit. Can't. Unless you think a 8 inch scar along your right neck line is sexy. If I had to choose one....guys look best in khaki shorts/ pants. Always a good look. It really doesn't matter what you wear on top. 

As long as those khaki shorts are cargo, and are paired with flip flops, amirite?

Finally someone supports me and my fashion selections.

f9cf8f0b80eb4da86ab9784dfcb2d29c.jpg
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

If you're dressing for the game and don't care polo. If you're dressing for girl, t - shirt. 

I'm married, I'm not looking to impress any girls.  But I do care enough to not look ridiculous in a jersey.  I alternate between some pretty cool OSU t-shirts I own, and some golf polos.  My favorite polo has a "Swinging Pete" logo on it, which is considered pretty cool around here because for years it was only available at Karsten Creek, the schools golf course which is considered one of the best in the country.

Image result for swinging pistol pete polo