Champions League 2018-2019

sidis

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

Was the red for that little push at the face?  Kind of weak if so.  The takedown by pulling around the waist didn't seem too dangerous.

Yellow for th tackle and second yellow for shove to the face. Pretty standard. Especially given the time and score

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yellow for th tackle and second yellow for shove to the face. Pretty standard. Especially given the time and score

That makes sense.  I didn't see that it was two yellows, I thought it was a straight red.

14 minutes ago, WBT said:

Was the red for that little push at the face?  Kind of weak if so.  The takedown by pulling around the waist didn't seem too dangerous.

I get that it wasn’t “dangerous” but it was blatant and deliberate and completely not a sporting play.  For all the times Spanish players get shot, and then pop right up, I have no problem with getting a red for tackling an opponent 

7 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Brilliant game Ajax

Dusan Tadic just destroyed Madrid... 1 goal and 2 assists...

Hell, I miss a lot of ex-Saints players -  Mane, Van Dijk, Shaw, Alderweireld, etc..

but it is Tadic I miss the most. Love that guy's game.

5 hours ago, Goodman said:

They sure did put on a show but RM showed a lack of competitive effort. That free kick for the 4th goal was the perfect ending to the beating. Curious to see what RM does with that roster this summer.

It seemed to me they played a lot like they normally have. They kept the ball a good deal, but they have been conditioned to expecting Ronaldo to make something amazing happen. Hard to have that happen now.

They came out very strong to start the second half. But when Ajax weathered that attack it really deflated Madrid. At least that’s how I saw it.

that free kick was a thing of beauty. I think they will overhaul that roster so we will all have to learn new names to hate

Edited by PittsburghTiger

9 hours ago, Goodman said:

They sure did put on a show but RM showed a lack of competitive effort. That free kick for the 4th goal was the perfect ending to the beating. Curious to see what RM does with that roster this summer.

They need to get bigger and more athletic up front. Benzema and Modric are phenomenal talents but not exactly the most imposing goal-scorers. They need another talent that can burn by defenders and stick on the ball.