Bob Stoops

Tx_2_Sc85

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I hear Riley Dodge won his first game. We should give him a tryout. Just kidding. Kind of.

Riley went to the playoffs and should have went to the national championship his debut season and will be a playoff contender again. He's did much more than just 'win his first game'. 

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How about brushing the dust off Les Miles?

He will win you 9+ games per year.

However, half of the wins will be nail biters that cause heart attacks

You’re such a fucking troll. Please stick to the CR forum where we don’t care.  

Just now, Red Five said:

We could have had Dabo a few years ago. Oh well. 

Yeah, kinda like this.  Someone with a player pedigree in a pressure environment.  Relatively young.  Corporate enough to handle the national media and big donors.  

Not another mid-level conference flash in the pan.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How about brushing the dust off Les Miles?

He will win you 9+ games per year.

However, half of the wins will be nail biters that cause heart attacks

Well, I’d take the nail biter wins instead of the nail biter losses that we’ve experienced the last two years. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Riley went to the playoffs and should have went to the national championship his debut season and will be a playoff contender again. He's did much more than just 'win his first game'. 

Well, fuck. I don't watch high school football, but I saw it posted that he won his fist game. Maybe it was at a new school?

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. I dunno. Whoever coaches SLC, I think?

Edited by Spider2YBanana

13 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Well, fuck. I don't watch high school football, but I saw it posted that he won his fist game. Maybe it was at a new school?

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. I dunno. Whoever coaches SLC, I think?

Nevermind I am thinking of someone else, the OU coach. Carry on. 

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

The only coach we should go for if Herman doesn’t work out is Dabo. Love what he’s about and love the players he has brought to Clemson. His teams are doing what we should be achieving every year.

I think Davi is lining up as sabans replacement.  dont know if he would come here but if I were AD and looking for replacements, his agent would be on speed dial.   

I would take an aging Pete Carroll at this point, he's a good coach for certain.  But then again after today my standards have dropped quite a bit.  

College football has had a shady side for a long time, and it's only gotten worse.  If you sniff around Bama, UGA, tOSU, Clemson, OU, and many others you will find things.  Sure, some more than others, do UW or Wisky seem like dirty programs?   

The irony seems that big numbers like an uncle receiving 200k for a QB, or a family receiving 300k in "gifts" for a RB aren't heavily scrutinized by the NCAA, but trading swag for tattoos, getting limo rides, or getting $300 cash will bring their full wrath.  

I think Bama started a high stakes game and it's become self fulfilling in that kids want to go there now to win and get the best chance for the league.  UGA came to the table a few years ago and they have been recruiting lights out.   Now aggy is sitting down and throwing out a big pile of chips, but they don't realize they are the mark.  

Fisher has been cuck deep in the mire so he knows what's what on that front, though he's got to be like wtf aggy has no idea how this is supposed to work, they want me to fed-ex a gold Pontiac to a kid. 

5 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

The only coach we should go for if Herman doesn’t work out is Dabo. Love what he’s about and love the players he has brought to Clemson. His teams are doing what we should be achieving every year.

Before you go there take the time to see how Clemson is operating. Dabo got his ass handed to him season after season (remember West Virginia) until he implemented the “Saban” plan. And that won’t work here. Texas will not allow the Head football coach to pull scholarships, among other things, that we see down here every year simply to have a powerhouse. 

People easily forget that his success is at the same school Charlie Pell and Danny Ford succeeded at. Followed by multiple NCAA punishment.

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fuck that noise.  USC had a few issues with some players getting paid under his tenure.

Bring Mike Leach in.

You honestly think nothing goes on under the table at UT? That shit is an epidemic across college sports, mainly football and basketball. Who gives a shit about that kind of stuff these days. The NCAA itself is corrupt as hell.