Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Oh, I don't disagree with what you're saying here. I was just giving you shit for saying Dak was the 8th-15th best QB in the NFL. (FTR, I'm a Romo apologist.)

No, I said he was an 8-15th best QB in the league when he had the pieces around him to be successful. I didn't say that is what he was currently. This OLine is playing like shit and part of it has to do with the fact that defenses just pin their ears back because they aren't worried about getting burnt.

No, I said he was an 8-15th best QB in the league when he had the pieces around him to be successful. I didn't say that is what he was currently. This OLine is playing like shit and part of it has to do with the fact that defenses just pin their ears back because they aren't worried about getting burnt.

Yeah, not sure I agree with that either.

48 minutes ago, futureman said:

mike white would surgically dismantle opposing defenses if he had a healthy running game.  he will be the future of this franchise, not that gap-toothed idiot from mississippi. 

This bit is old. Mike White is worse than Cooper Rush and Kellen Moore. He can't even beat out Cooper.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, futureman said:

mike white would surgically dismantle opposing defenses if he had a healthy running game.  he will be the future of this franchise, not that gap-toothed idiot from mississippi. 

and if a frog had wings it wouldn’t bump it’s ass a hoppin

55 minutes ago, futureman said:

if I were calling the shots dak would have gone back to the bench in 2016 and we’d have another lombardi trophy.  

For the 800th time.  Romo was not going to even make it through the season if he came back in.  And he damned sure wouldn't have done better than Dak in the playoff game. Dak didn't lose that game.

This stupidest part of this fan base is the one that thinks Romo was a viable QB after his 3 massive injury in as many games he played over the course of 2 years.  Dude was glass.  The biggest reason he jumped at the CBS job(besides it being a great gig) is he knew he couldn't take hits anymore.  That's pretty obvious...he could have started almost anywhere he wanted.

And there is/was NO bigger Romo Apologists on this board than me.  I still don't think people realize how great we had it with him at the helm.

Edited by Drew

12 minutes ago, Drew said:

For the 800th time.  Romo was not going to even make it through the season if he came back in.  And he damned sure wouldn't have done better than Dak in the playoff game. Dak didn't lose that game.

This stupidest part of this fan base is the one that thinks Romo was a viable QB after his 3 massive injury in as many games he played over the course of 2 years.  Dude was glass.  The biggest reason he jumped at the CBS job(besides it being a great gig) is he knew he couldn't take hits anymore.  That's pretty obvious...he could have started almost anywhere he wanted.

And there is/was NO bigger Romo Apologists on this board than me.  I still don't think people realize how great we had it with him at the helm.

if romo comes back in 2016 and breaks down, the worst case scenario is we have dak come in for him.  which is exactly where we were anyway since we kept romo on the bench. 

Just now, gsoda3 said:

if romo comes back in 2016 and breaks down, the worst case scenario is we have dak come in for him.  which is exactly where we were anyway since we kept romo on the bench. 

Which is why someone saying something stupid like "Id' have put Romo back in and we'd have a SB" is absolutely asinine.  And I still say they made the right call, as losing Romo again to an injury after going back to him over Dak would have been quite the story and might have messed up the chemistry of that team.

Great start for the young man..... He still has trouble sifting through the trash and shedding blocks but when he gets there, the ball carrier goes down..... and he goes down hard.  He's really young and a pup from an experience stand point, so hopefully he can continue to develop into something special.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

what’s wrong with him?  why was he waived?

A few things.  

1.  He's a SPARQ stud.  Just a phenomenal athlete.  4 year starter at UConn.  

2.  Needs development.  SS only really because he lacks ballhawking instincts.  Can play around the LOS.  Would make a good ST.

3.  He's been injured his first two years and Gruden is getting rid of errbody from past regime.  He doesn't want anyone around from the past, which is odd because Reggie McKenzie, the current GM is going out and implementing his instructions.  But he was the also the past GM who selected all these players who Gruden is giving marching orders to get rid of.

We're also working out some track star who we had in camp a few years ago.  It appears our main focus is ST at this time.  Obi has a ton of talent and maybe Richard could develop him into something.  Again, SS.  He's huge 6'3", 220ish and Richard has had success with this type of box safety before in Kam Chancellor.  If we sign him, he's probably a special teams guy and then see what he has in the offseason.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 1:52 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Romo hasn't played a meaningful snap in over 3 years yet he's still the topic of discussion for Dallas fans lmao. 

Romo could   put on a blindfold, step on the field tomorrow and he'd be just as good as he was his last year as starter.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch