Hey Oil Barons.......

936horn

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Lulz. That was a ridiculous order from CB. I’d ignore it and fight it, too, if I needed to stay. It seems most of Colorado is totally willing to cut its nose off. Good luck. 

This ruins any desire I ever had about buying a place in Colorado. I’ve already decided I will never buy oil properties in Weld County. 

Come on, they had the fucking AG of Texas write a letter saying they should get to use their houses!  Who fucking does that except seriously entitled motherfuckers?

I wouldn't touch O&G assets in CO, either.  Too unpredictable from a regulatory standpoint.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Anyone with the ability to?  It was a totally ridiculous order. You can’t do that. You can’t displace people from their homes during a pandemic or ever. Not to mention, it’s insanely dumb to do this to your bread and butter. Fucking moronic. 

God forbid someone can't use their mountain house for a couple months during a pandemic (during mud season, no less).  The ski areas had some of the highest case rates early on and they were doing anything they could to get them down because the hospitals in the mountains couldn't handle it.

These are second homeowners.  They had homes to stay in.  They just didn't want to so they threw a fit about it.  And that is why we feel the way we do about Texans.  Nobody else did that back then.  Just the Texans.

Still not sure how these people are the bread and butter, though.  So they come up and spend a few weeks a year and go out to eat?  Who fucking cares?  Those second homes are empty 75% of the year, if not more.

23 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah we’re just not going to agree here. If I own a home, and some governmental body tries to tell me I can’t fucking live there, I’m using every means at my disposal to block that entity from doing so. Hell, even if I’m in Dallas, I’m probably fighting it anyway out of principle. If it gets attention, or people think “fucking Texans”, I’m totally indifferent. I’d also simultaneously be planning my exit from that state. 

Texans are absolutely CB’s bread and butter. If you remove all Texans, including the ones that don’t act like douchebags, that economy plummets. Locals suffer. Seems like that’d be fine to most of them, which is another sign of a conglomerate of morons. 

People come to CO from all over the world to visit.  If all Texans stopped visiting tomorrow they would still do just fine.  You won't be missed.  

If I had owned my place in CB when that order went through, at a minimum I would lobby to proportionately reduce my property taxes by the percentage of the year that I was forbidden to use my house.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I have to agree with Beeper on the house issue. That’s bullshit that they ordered it and I would be pissed as hell if that had happened to me. One of the things that helped keep me sane during Covid was having our small family lake house on Lake Buchanan to go to every once in a while. You go stir crazy with 2 people working from home and a kid going to school. Having a different place to be every once in a while provided a big relief.

• Like 1

I have no doubt. But it’d cause a blip in your economy. And if you keep treating people that way, you’ll chase everyone away and go broke. 

I thought you made us? Now it's just a blip?

And what way am i treating people? I treat assholes like assholes. Don't act like one, i won't treat you like one.

Lol at the Texas AG thinking he could tell Colorado what to do, though.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I have to agree with Beeper on the house issue. That’s bullshit that they ordered it and I would be pissed as hell if that had happened to me. One of the things that helped keep me sane during Covid was having our small family lake house on Lake Buchanan to go to every once in a while. You go stir crazy with 2 people working from home and a kid going to school. Having a different place to be every once in a while provided a big relief.
They were trying to get a handle on the pandemic because their hospital resources were being overwhelmed. But yes, you being able to relax is more important.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

As long as the homeowner was following recommended Covid-19 protocols, there should have been no risk to adding to the hospital burden.  Wear a mask and social distance and everything will be fine.  They should have been allowed into the homes they owned whether it was their 2nd or 20th home.

• Like 1

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/u-s-gasoline-demand-may-hit-a-record-this-summer-gasbuddy-11622223671

This summer, gasoline demand may average out at around 9.4 million to 9.8 million barrels a day, which is “very close to normal,” said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. Some weeks could potentially see demand reach over 10 million barrels a day to a record level, he said.

Felt like I needed to bring us back on topic with this thread.  I haven't seen very much on Jet-A demand or diesel recently.  I assume diesel is following gasoline closely but is Jet-A demand this summer still down significantly or is the gap continuing to be closed?          

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex48 said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/u-s-gasoline-demand-may-hit-a-record-this-summer-gasbuddy-11622223671

Felt like I needed to bring us back on topic with this thread.  I haven't seen very much on Jet-A demand or diesel recently.  I assume diesel is following gasoline closely but is Jet-A demand this summer still down significantly or is the gap continuing to be closed?          

The gap will continue to close but until international travel fully resumes it will lag. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/17/2020 at 12:35 AM, castolon said:

O&G specialty chem. I just assumed I'm fucked at all times, but I do love my job. 

And just like that it's over. I might always be plant trash but I won't be in the plant or the industry no mo. 

• Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Weve been back for 3.5 months. Only 13 years, but pfft. Fuck it, I will take a boom. This one goes 36 months. 32 to go. Alpha has been made, but you phucks can have some beta. 

Enjoy the ride to 80;) 

ae152383ad21de2890107521ae28df72.gif

Not complaining.  Been long in and out various OG names last few months.  Went bigly into OIH and XLE this week, which paid off very well yesterday.

Also think we'll have a very nice ride to 80 with the perfect confluence of re-opening, travel, tight supplies, etc.

F250s and Powerboats for everybody!

16 hours ago, 52-80 said:

ae152383ad21de2890107521ae28df72.gif

Not complaining.  Been long in and out various OG names last few months.  Went bigly into OIH and XLE this week, which paid off very well yesterday.

Also think we'll have a very nice ride to 80 with the perfect confluence of re-opening, travel, tight supplies, etc.

F250s and Powerboats for everybody!

18 to 34 months. I bet big on 6 individual stocks over a year ago. Had a couple of false starts but held on. Then started adding this spring. Anything Over 4X is gravy. 

PTEN beat everyone to hire up and already had the equipment. 73 rigs in production 15 days ago. 5x with 5x to go. 

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Starting to get some return on a few of my stocks need to decide who/when to cash out and if anyone gets a longer hold. 

write calls on the big winners and let it run

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

How do RBL lenders assess ESG risk for clients?

@HoustonFrog

ESG can lick mah balls

15 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Booked some gains on OIH and waited for intraday day dip to load up on more. 
That moment never arrived. Train still in one direction. 
Grabbed some more XLE tho. Eat your heart out Greta

Bought XLE at a $30 average back in April 2020.  I've been pleased.

14 hours ago, Archer said:

Starting to get some return on a few of my stocks need to decide who/when to cash out and if anyone gets a longer hold. 

I'm holding until I see CVX and XOM go on a hiring spree to fill in the gaps for all the people they let go last year.  When they start hiring, rest assured the top is in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/3/2021 at 4:13 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah the notion that because it’s a 2nd home it should be avoided is fucking laughable. It’s one of the primary reasons people buy those homes to begin with. 

For clarity, this took place in ‘20. It has not resumed and CB knows they made a grave mistake. I know many wealthy Dallasites that would be very well known to this thread. I’ve talked with each of them, and they complied with this when they otherwise would have stayed. When that happened, small business really suffered. When THAT happened, the CB Chamber of Commerce wrote a letter soliciting them for donations to support small businesses that they couldn’t even use. In the letter, the CoC was extremely apologetic about the policy of booting Texans. These CoC solicitations happen periodically in CB and Texans greatly support it. To a man, last year, they told the CoC that they weren’t contributing because they had been removed. One guy I know contributed well over $10K in 2018 to this CoC drive. 

It was an absolutely brain dead policy akin to some of the shit the Longhorn Foundation has done. Lulz at Chewbacca for defending a bunch of retards. 

Lulz at your made up CoC story.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

There’s not one word made up about it. People like you will ruin a great and beautiful state. Carry on hating Texans. 

And then the Mayor of CB called them and told them they are the sole reason that any of this - the town, the resort, all of it - exists.  He begged them to come accept a key to the city and said that today, June 7, shall forever be known as "Texans With Vacation Homes in Crested Butte Day".  And all the people of CB rejoiced!

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

So you’re saying a letter by a group whose goal is to keep small business afloat attempting to placate a group of people targeted to be kicked out - that letter was never written?

Are you also under the impression that such letters aren’t written periodically regardless of pandemic?

I'm saying you and your friends vastly overestimate your impact on CO.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I have no impact, and whatever small impact I had will be no mas for a variety of unrelated reasons. My friends have a pretty big impact. One really has left HP for CB, and if this order had come out later in ‘20, he wouldn’t have bought there. Another family sold their house because they’re in their mid 70s. The kids - my friends - didn’t want to buy the house for unrelated reasons, but had this order been around while they were considering buying, it would’ve contributed.  This house sat on the market for 2 years. A fantastic house. Another couple with major Texas and oil ties has a house outside CB right on the Taylor River. Unaffected. But they couldn’t go to CB and didn’t stay after the order. The other is the wealthiest of the bunch. Had just completed a compound right by town overlooking the valley (in addition to a condo on the slopes) after selling his oil company for about $2B. Couldn’t stay out there long after Spring Break. Whole family got Covid, and came home after the order. Did not contribute to CofC solicitation. Normally does - significantly.

The collective of just this group not being there adversely impacted CB.  Will it be a long term meaningful impact?  No. CB will be just fine. If they keep doing draconian shit like that, seemingly targeting Texans?  Yes, it will adversely impact them. 

Lulz.  Notice nobody else is complaining except the Texans?