Dallas officer kills man after mistaking apartment for her own, police say

'stache

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but literally everyone can tell at least 99% of what you post in terms of your “insider knowledge” is nonsense. Most assume it’s more like 100%, in fact.

Oh, you’re undercutting yourself and you’re reading skills are worse than you think.  I said 99% of all my posts.   All.  Not just insider shit.  99% of all them.  I’ll think you later this week when I’m circling my stuffed animals around the table to pretend I’m at an important UT meeting.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Oh, you’re undercutting yourself and you’re reading skills are worse than you think.  I said 99% of all my posts.   All.  Not just insider shit.  99% of all them.  I’ll think you later this week when I’m circling my stuffed animals around the table to pretend I’m at an important UT meeting.  

Ok, I legitimately laughed out loud at that.

• Like 2

I'll happily withdraw my theory.  If it was a drug deal gone bad, then I was wrong.  I was projecting some Chicago upbringing shit about the gunshot through the mouth deal.  

I know after being a high profile witness in a very high profile case involving police murdering black men...with cops and media watching my every move......I know my very next move as a working class black man is to engage in high-profile, high-volume drug deal involving 12 pounds of marijuana.  I mean c'mon, it's right out of the John Grisham playbook.  All eyes on you?  Nah...we gotta unload this garment bag full of weed.  ;)        It's the most obviously chapter.    I kid, sucks that he's dead though.  Bullshit aside.  We'll be hearing about all involved for a years to come, I suspect.  

No, wrong guy.  Puddle/Cruiser handled bus reservations on LonghornFanZone literally 20 years ago.  Y'all have memories like bitter wives.  We can start a thread about my posting history on another topic or whatever if y'all need to vent.  

Back to this thread, so this guy was apparently murdered over $10K in weed?  That seems like a big risk for local drug dealers with a grudge to take to shoot a guy under more police and media observation than any other black man in Dallas right now.  Over $10K?  Traffickers of that large amount (12 pounds) aren't usually that brazenly open and stupid.  What is truly mind-bottling is this guy has the weight of the world on his shoulders having just testified, ex-cop going to jail, all kinds of LEO and Media looking at his background and next steps and he goes and trafficks 12 pounds of weed.  You have Botham Jean who decided to, as a black man in a middle-class apartment complex in the South, toke up with his door halfway open.  And these two guys just happen to live across from the hall from one another at some point?  And a year later...are both dead?  But hey, let's eat crow.  As in Jim Crow.  

JFC, this guy wasn't under some giant police/media watch. Without looking, name 3 other witnesses from the trial who aren't Guyger or SexCop. He got killed, and then people tried to sensationalize his murder by linking it up. If he had gotten killed the week before the trial, it wouldn't have made a blurb on the news, despite OMG KEY WITNESS IN GUYGER CASE, because he mattered about 0.1% to the state's case. 

• Like 1

No, you're right...we're only talking about him because this thread is about that trial and the trial is basically over.  I mean, we could pivot to the appeals process but that's mostly a granular attorney discussion.  We're still talking about Epstein on another thread, and there's even some talk about some 2016 activity on the part of President Trump.  Sometimes people link events to other events based on curious facts.  It's not really conspiracy fodder, it's more a function of "there's a thread about dead black men in Dallas, where should I put this other story/commentary about this other dead black guy in Dallas?"  I'm sure it's nothing, just making conversation that doesn't involve posts I made 14 years ago.  

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

No, wrong guy.  Puddle/Cruiser handled bus reservations on LonghornFanZone literally 20 years ago.  Y'all have memories like bitter wives.  We can start a thread about my posting history on another topic or whatever if y'all need to vent.  

Back to this thread, so this guy was apparently murdered over $10K in weed?  That seems like a big risk for local drug dealers with a grudge to take to shoot a guy under more police and media observation than any other black man in Dallas right now.  Over $10K?  Traffickers of that large amount (12 pounds) aren't usually that brazenly open and stupid.  What is truly mind-bottling is this guy has the weight of the world on his shoulders having just testified, ex-cop going to jail, all kinds of LEO and Media looking at his background and next steps and he goes and trafficks 12 pounds of weed.  You have Botham Jean who decided to, as a black man in a middle-class apartment complex in the South, toke up with his door halfway open.  And these two guys just happen to live across from the hall from one another at some point?  And a year later...are both dead?  But hey, let's eat crow.  As in Jim Crow.  

And you base that statement on what? Experience?

They absolutely are that brazenly open and stupid. They’ll kill for much less- including behavior they perceive as disrespectful. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

They drove from Louisiana to Dallas to buy marijuana.

I just heard the news while running some errands.  I don't smoke anything stronger than an IPA, but what kind of drug kingpins drive in triplicate 300 miles to buy 12 pounds of weed?

30 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

They drove from Louisiana to Dallas to buy marijuana.

So did the Grateful Dead.  Or wait, they bought in dallas but got busted in Houston?  

I’m sure it was a drug deal gone bad.  Just odd that the two black guys with the worst luck in history related to weed and cops happen to live across the hall from one another in the same white people apartment complex in the South.  with all that’s been happening in this Country, some of y’all get butthurt when people question official reports?   it’s okay to pontificate ladies.  

Blue gotta do what blue gotta do to make it home at night.  Even if that means stopping off at another home beforehand.  And if that home should look like their home, but not actually be their home, blue gotta enter like it’s their home because that’s where they gotta make it each night.  And if home should actually not be home but kinda look like home, well.....why can’t we all be brothers?

and nobody drives 600 miles round trip to buy and traffic that small amount.  And what’s the getaway plan, drive 300 miles back to Louisiana opting nobody spots your vehicle?  The risk algorithm they use would prohibit this trip, plus the optional “turn here to murder well known resident.”  I’m sure the license plates that don’t look like Texas Tags will require 1000 man hours of investigation.  

$50 says this gets painted as an impulse buy.  Three black men were lounging high on the pot in Louisiana and decided they needed more drugs to power through the night, so they went on the black web.  I mean dark web, and found this Dallas witness.  His name seemed familiar to them so they trusted his price quote and proceeded with haste to Dallas to purchase enough weed to get their ‘posse’ through the week, roughly one pound per person per business day, as is the custom in their culture.  Things went south when the bag appeared to weigh only 11.7 pounds, jokes were made in poor taste about Cajuns being on the metric system.  Considered an affront, the men opened fire, grabbed what they could, and drove “chill style” across multiple counties and state lines while they laughed and ate local chicken sandwiches.  

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

As expected, it looks like a bunch of people need to come eat crow on this thread.  I'm sure that will happen.

That is fair. I don't believe I ever said DPD did this but I do drink alot. My stance was that it is silly that some people believe cops wouldn't pull some shit like this though.

So does no vetting of witnesses happen with cops? This guy was some badass dealer living next to a guy that got murdered moving 12 pounds and not one of our  boys in blue ever took a look at anything? 

Sounds like I need to buy 12 lbs at a time from now on though. Would save me some money

the real issue I had with "the cops did it" was the fact that this case did not mean shit to most cops in dallas

if one is going to put forth the idea that the dallas police have some massive corruption machine going where they kill off witnesses to crimes well I seriously doubt any of those that would be involved in that would take the risk of exposing that corruption on a case like this

this case is a case of some stupid bitch that could simply not believe that she would ever be wrong and thus she had to be at the right apartment door and something was wrong that required her super police powers to rectify like busting in the door and shooting a shadow

this was not a case where some cop did some crazy shit that could expose a bunch of other crazy shit that the cops needed to make sure to cover up or dozens of them would be fucked.....in fact this case was an easy throw away case where the cops can look back and have her go off to jail and say "see cops get theirs too" because it was a case that involved one cop, a dude that was killed that was pretty much as clean as they come and nothing else that remotely hinted at any giant conspiracy that required the death of Jean or his death being something that was needed to cover some massive corruption up

there was nothing at all at risk for any potential group of corrupt cops or any long term corruption in this case that required taking the risk to make sure she was not convicted much less to retaliate against a pretty meaningless overall witness,  especially after she was already convicted , in the case that was going to convict her with or without his testimony

this is a case where any half way competent group of hard core corrupt cops would say let the bitch fry and move on because we don't need careless idiots like her around and her going to jail takes the heat off of us.....it is not a case where they would take a massive risk to get even with someone

• Like 8

I get that given the political environment these days and the shitshow that Trump is fomenting and presiding over, anything seems possible, even likely.

But the willingness to assume that it was a cop-ordered/executed hit, with no evidence to that effect, seems beyond the pale.  I suppose I might not be surprised if it was, in the right circumstances, as ButtFumble details, but I'm just not willing to assume it without evidence.

While DPD is susceptible to many or most of the criticisms directed at most PDs, I think it's closer to being on the right side of things than say, Chicago PD or NYPD 75, thanks in part to several fairly progressive chiefs in the last few years.

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 hours ago, Skipper said:

As expected, it looks like a bunch of people need to come eat crow on this thread.  I'm sure that will happen.

How? If people still believe the cops had something to do with it, how does this change their views? Of course it was going to be a drug deal gone bad. That's easy to sell the public and people will eat it up and say he was a thug. I am not saying I think this but if it was a cover up, of course they would go the distance fabricate a story from start to finish and there would be fall people. No way in hell this case would go unsolved like so many Dallas crimes. According to some, he was heavy in the drug game (although most deep in the game have graduated from weed). And usually people deep in the drug game don't get up on the stand to testify, even if it is to indict a cop. For one, your past can be brought up (not sure if he has a record or not). Second, this is frowned upon in that community to take the stand.

I posted a FB post he made hours before he was killed and he was calling out people who only talked shit on the internet but not in person. And some said he on bad terms with many different people and got in too deep and got dealt with. And then there are people who said that is all bullshit.

More than likely the former is true and he was killed over drugs/money/beef but this story is not going to put it to rest for those who still believe the cops had something to do with it. 

I mean it does sound funny about people driving that far across state lines to buy that small amount? And then drive back? And these people just happened to live next to each other? 

Edited by Vic Mackey

4 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

JFC, this guy wasn't under some giant police/media watch. Without looking, name 3 other witnesses from the trial who aren't Guyger or SexCop. He got killed, and then people tried to sensationalize his murder by linking it up. If he had gotten killed the week before the trial, it wouldn't have made a blurb on the news, despite OMG KEY WITNESS IN GUYGER CASE, because he mattered about 0.1% to the state's case. 

If you think the killing of a witness prior to testifying wouldn’t have been bigger news than the killing of one after the trial is over than you probably went to Oklahoma. Dumbass.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

this case is a case of some stupid bitch that could simply not believe that she would ever be wrong and thus she had to be at the right apartment door and something was wrong that required her super police powers to rectify like busting in the door and shooting a shadow

This is pretty good, really.

4 candidates for President of the United States, as well as 3 different national civil rights groups are calling for an independent inquiry of this murder.  But yeah, a handful of folks on a Texas message board are horribly misguided in not slurping up the initial reports from law enforcement.  Yeah, it was most likely a drug deal gone bad.  But what's the problem with pressing questions and seeing what's what?  I guess the Democrats must be engaged in some kind of mass conspiracy to make sure they carry Louisiana?  What the fuck?  

If you think the killing of a witness prior to testifying wouldn’t have been bigger news than the killing of one after the trial is over than you probably went to Oklahoma. Dumbass.

I stand by it and went to Texas Law so blow it out of your ass. The guy was an extremely minor witness. Read the post a few above about how if they were gonna do this it wouldn’t be this guy or this case and let it sink into your brain.

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

If this guy is some kind of drug dealer, how did that fact not come up during cross examination?

I find it hard to believe that information wouldn’t have been discovered by the DPD/DA when they investigated the people on the witness list.

This is what I was thinking as well. How did none of this come out earlier

2 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

I stand by it and went to Texas Law so blow it out of your ass. The guy was an extremely minor witness. Read the post a few above about how if they were gonna do this it wouldn’t be this guy or this case and let it sink into your brain.

We’re not talking about the case or the witness, were taking about the media attention the death would have brought. Prior to testifying it would have been 10x as bad in the media than after regardless of relevance to the case. 

9 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

If this guy is some kind of drug dealer, how did that fact not come up during cross examination?

I find it hard to believe that information wouldn’t have been discovered by the DPD/DA when they investigated the people on the witness list.

I'm sure it was known to the state. He was the state's witness.

Given some of the other slapdick behavior of the defense, it may not have been known to them.

The defense could have used any felony convictions that weren't overly prejudicial (judge call), to impeach his character for truthfulness.  I'm not sure he had any and even if he did, damaging his credibility wasn't terribly important to the defense, unless perhaps it was his inability to hear Guyger issuing reasonable commands.  Bad behavior or "bad acts" that don't result in convictions are hard to use against a witness.

A few more things don't add up for me. No known drug dealer is going to be testifying in a court. They don't want anything to do with the judicial process unless they are on trial. And damn sure don't want to broadcast themselves in front of lawyers and cops on national tv. The defense lawyers will tear apart any witness they can and their past and this dude was going to be selling drugs while being a star witness on a high profile case? Also, he had 12lbs in his apartment while testifying in court? Hmmm..And not one time did it come out that he was some drug dealer and could not be trusted in court? But how convenient he is now painted as some thug drug dealer whose word can't be trusted in time for the appeal for the murdering cop.

Also, why would they want to drive that far to buy weed from someone who just testified in court for the state?

Also, in the story they said Brown shot first and then they returned fire? Except witnesses there said he was getting out his car and a car pulled up and killed him. And then drove out. Now there is a shootout? Can we see the footage? There was also no mention of a gun in Brown's possession in the initial report. 

No idea what really happened but seems fishy to me. But the general public will always believe these stories of a black man being an evil drug dealer. Now his name and image has been tarnished. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

21 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

A few more things don't add up for me. No known drug dealer is going to be testifying in a court. They don't want anything to do with the judicial process unless they are on trial. And damn sure don't want to broadcast themselves in front of lawyers and cops on national tv. The defense lawyers will tear apart any witness they can and their past and this dude was going to be selling drugs while being a star witness on a high profile case? Also, he had 12lbs in his apartment while testifying in court? Hmmm..And not one time did it come out that he was some drug dealer and could not be trusted in court? But how convenient he is now painted as some thug drug dealer whose word can't be trusted in time for the appeal for the murdering cop.

He was under subpoena and flew back under threat of contempt to testify.  He was forced, to some degree.

And defense lawyers are not going to "tear apart" any witness just because they can.  They could have brought up any convictions to try to make him "look bad," but to what end?  Most decent lawyers understand that just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Bringing up a guy's drug convictions, if any, when he's just testifying about living across the hall from someone could be a pretty good way to piss off a jury.  Or maybe they didn't know about it, if it wasn't convictions, or they weren't diligent, which seems plausible.

While this guy did have a fairly prominent role, he wasn't a star witness in the sense that the state could easily have made their case without him.  He was cumulative.

And his current status, live, dead, drug dealer, canonized saint, is utterly, completely irrelevant to the appeal.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

If they murdered him in a “drug deal gone wrong” why did the murderers leave 12 pounds of weed, a bunch of THC cartridges, and $4,000 behind?

But they did take Brown’s supposed gun?

WIthout pretending to know what happened, according to the warrant, it all went down in the parking lot, outside the silver sedan.  The perps took the decedent's "black bag" and gun.  For all we know, the black bag contained the other 25 lbs of weed.

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

If they murdered him in a “drug deal gone wrong” why did the murderers leave 12 pounds of weed, a bunch of THC cartridges, and $4,000 behind?

But they did take Brown’s supposed gun?

well probably because the weed, THC cartridges, and $4,000 was found in his apartment while the shooting was out in a parking lot

and Brown shot one of the perps and was then shot by one of the others so it was not like they were going to grab his apartment keys (assuming they even knew which one was his), ignore that their friend was shot and that the other friend just killed Brown and run up to search through his apartment to see what other shit they could find while their friend is shot and Brown is laying there dead

and as for these guys "buying weed from someone that was just on national TV".....yea like these fucking morons have a clue who Botham Jean and amber guyger are or that this case even existed much less that Brown testified in it

and really how does the dallas PD pull this conspiracy off......hey go shoot this very minor witness in a trial that already convicted "one of us" and PS tp make it more real make sure that when you go to "rob him for drugs" he has a gun on him and shoots one of you....but yea after getting shot and arrested for a murder make sure not to rat out the dallas PD

or maybe one of the three actually shot their own friend in a planned shooting to make it more realistic and he is an expert at shooting to wound for street cred like Bobby Baccalieri

it is all starting to make sense the dallas PD was like "get the Alexandria Boiz" you know the ones that do not mind getting shot and or charged with a murder to do dirt for cops...

• Like 6