Talk TCU vs TEXAS

LTtxfan

9 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

3 yards and a cloud of Ingram is on the menu.

I finally got to watch Rewind last night and see the plays on TV for the first time. I'm more optimistic now. Our line did a good job opening some holes for Watson where he was just barely brought down and close to bigger gains. If Ingram is running those plays, he could've had a huge game. If he's close to 100% then I think we have great chance this week. The OLine looks to be turning a corner.

6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Let's run it straight down their ass. All this bull shit about TCU team speed fuck that. Speed kills, strength punishes. Pull an Auburn and have the entire game consist of 5 yard run plays that maul their no depth front 7.

That is good but you don't score points running the ball and getting first downs in itself. You have to take advantage of the play action downfield passing that it opens up. Combine those two things and we are good.

21 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Let's run it straight down their ass. All this bull shit about TCU team speed fuck that. Speed kills, strength punishes. Pull an Auburn and have the entire game consist of 5 yard run plays that maul their no depth front 7.

smoked a brisket all night so I'm drunk. this post goes hard in the paint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Kirk highlighting the tempo TCU plays offensively on Gameday as if TX has never seen uptempo before smh.  He's praising the BIG12 bigtime, guess he wants that bucknut W last week to look like a playoff win.

Yep, I don't know if it's just the urban nonsense or what, but Kirk's osu homerism is particularly strong this year (which is really saying something).

I watched the replay this week and had to mute bc he was more insufferable than usual.  On offense, every comment was about what osu's offense was doing.  On defense, it was about osu's defensive players (I think he said bosa at least once after every snap). He shouldn't every call an osu game again.  It's really terrible. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Like 2

Just now, Machinator said:

We threw to RBs last year though... Don't you remember the bowl game? Hell, we even threw to TEs who wanted to play RB (paging Chris Warren).

Sure but as you said, last season. Don't remember too many times this season where we're throwing in the flats and all screens have been slow developed to receivers who can't block physically consistently. 

I really hope the WR screen is left out of the playbook today. 

Just now, BigHorn'13 said:

Oh and Sam rolling to the left

It's the perfect play call for a right handed qb to roll to the left and throw.  Particularly when it's the short side of the field.

Everyone on defense knows it's a terrible idea with very low probability of success, so they'll never see it coming!

See, and you guys said there's no deception in the Tim Beck offense.  Calling that play is downright Harsin-like. 

One prediction...

on our first 3rd and 4 or 5 we will throw that little inside slant to Beck. It worked well the last game. I like the play. I like slants in general on third down. It won't work this time with TCU expecting it. Then our coaches will be like "shit what do we do now. That was our play."

5 minutes ago, stork642 said:

So we will be back to not being back?

The Texas is back thing is strange. 

I was certainly guilty of it the year we beat notre dame in the opener.  We were desperate to believe we were better, and the Irish had been a strong team the year earlier.  It was easy to fall into the trap. 

This year, we already lost to Maryland and played Tulsa close, and it was already clear usc was not great.

I have not heard a single person say Texas is back after usc except people saying that anyone saying Texas is back should slow their roll.  We know, that's why no one is saying it. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It's the perfect play call for a right handed qb to roll to the left and throw.  Particularly when it's the short side of the field.

Everyone on defense knows it's a terrible idea with very low probability of success, so they'll never see it coming!

See, and you guys said there's no deception in the Tim Beck offense.  Calling that play is downright Harsin-like. 

The only deception in the Tim beck offense is self-deception.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jinx said:

This seems like the game every year where we get NOT BACK rubbed in our faces the week or 2 after BACK. 

We entered the 2015 game 1-3, with our only win against Rice.

We played the 2016 game right after losing to Kansas.

We entered the 2017 game 4-4, with the near misses against OU, OSU, and USC seared into our memories.

The last time there was any kind of hope before the TCU game was 2014. Incidentally, that was the last time we won three games in a row, which we have a chance to do today.

Edited by Machinator

42 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

The Texas is back thing is strange. 

I was certainly guilty of it the year we beat notre dame in the opener.  We were desperate to believe we were better, and the Irish had been a strong team the year earlier.  It was easy to fall into the trap. 

This year, we already lost to Maryland and played Tulsa close, and it was already clear usc was not great.

I have not heard a single person say Texas is back after usc except people saying that anyone saying Texas is back should slow their roll.  We know, that's why no one is saying it. 

Kris Boyd, according to Jeff Howe, actually said he thinks 'we're back' sc postgame fwiw

3 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Kirk highlighting the tempo TCU plays offensively on Gameday as if TX has never seen uptempo before smh.  He's praising the BIG12 bigtime, guess he wants that bucknut W last week to look like a playoff win.

Give Kirk my number my uncle has a retarded donkey he could go on a date with the next time he's in town.

On 9/16/2018 at 5:20 PM, fellside said:

Congrats to them on their zero (or 0.5) Big XII championships in that time period.

They got beat by two scores against a team breaking in a new QB just like them.  Oregon State put up more points on Ohio State than them.

Maybe TCU beats Texas because our coaching staff is flawed, but I don't need to suck their dick the week leading up to it.

Glad I didn't praise them leading up to this.

On 9/18/2018 at 11:23 AM, frog said:

31 - 9 and 24 - 7 without Listenbee and Doctson.  

Our WRs have improved the last two years (although you guys were the only team to hold Reagor without a catch) and I'd rather have Robinson after 4 games than Kenny Hill at QB.

Serious question -- is your offense better than it was the last two years?  

My analysis was fairly accurate except in bold.  I forgot Kenny Hill was still our QB.

Good game, Horns.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:14 AM, LurkingHorn said:

I got TCU beating us something like 24-13. I'm super pumped we beat USC but Patterson is going to win the coaching battle as usual in this one. If we get 17 points, I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

Here to eat crow. For awhile I thought we were on our way to 17 but Sam made some very nice throws when it mattered. Happy for the kid. 

On 9/18/2018 at 1:06 PM, pacman said:

Texas is 109th in fewest penalties per game

Texas is 118th in KO return defense

90th in PR return defense

100th in TO margin

Specials Teams and TOs will have to do a 180 in this game.

Pretty solid in 3 of 4 categories of weakness coming into the game

• Like 1