ISU vs. OU

Al_4_ISU

11AM Central.  ABC.  Jack Trice.  OU -17

I don't think our offense is truly as shitty as it looked last week.  Not getting to play our tune up game really sucked shit.  Plus, Iowa has a really good D-line.  Probably better than OU's.

But I don't think it's enough.

34-24 OU (we cover at least).  Would love to be wrong.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 2

Stop the run.  Get a body on smurf.  He's not going to hold up against repeated shots.  When he's comfortable, he'll pick you apart.  He's fast.  But he's small.  We saw when Auburn did to him.  One hit outside the pocket.  Out of the game.  We know the rumors that he didn't want to go back in against Alabama.  He's not a physical player.  

Beat his ass.  Then we can steal your coach.....

12 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Stop the run.  Get a body on smurf.  He's not going to hold up against repeated shots.  When he's comfortable, he'll pick you apart.  He's fast.  But he's small.  We saw when Auburn did to him.  One hit outside the pocket.  Out of the game.  We know the rumors that he didn't want to go back in against Alabama.  He's not a physical player.  

Our defense can get to him.  My hope is that we bring some creative blitzes, which our coaches aren't afraid to do, and knock him off his block early.  Throw in that this is what I believe is his first ever road start in front of what will be a very loud, raucous crowd and we have a chance to make it interesting.

5 minutes ago, this said:

Kyler is going to run circles around your defense, score about 50 odd in the first half and then hand over the keys to the backup. 

Another 18 game or longer losing streak starts for Iowa State, unfortunately for you. 

I assume you mean against OU.

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm pretty sure we've had a straight up 18 game losing streak before.

Not to dampen your spirts.. fuck OU

1928 - Win in Ames

2 wins for OU

1931 - Win in Norman

4 wins for OU

1936 - TIE in Ames

23 wins for OU

1960-61 - 2 GAME WIN STREAK  (Ames / Norman)

19 wins for OU

1981 - TIE in Norman

8 wins for OU

1990 - Win in Norman

18 wins for OU

2018 - Win in Norman

Edited by UTEX_ME
http://www.winsipedia.com/oklahoma/vs/iowa-state

18 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm pretty sure we've had a straight up 18 game losing streak before.

If Campbell refuses to adjust or open up the offensive playbook we'll make OUs DL look better than Iowa's.  The game hinges on the offense staying on the field and keeping it close through three quarters.  I don't see it.  An inept first half offense by ISU puts the defense too far behind in the second half.

OU - 34, ISU - 10 (14-7 OU at halftime)

Edited by SnowAggy

I’m going to guess Iowa State has ou’s attention this time around. 

So I believe ou wins, but with Anderson out it will be really close. And I say that for the simple fact that in the college game. Quick mobile QB’s that have decent arms, decent receivers, and even a slight threat at RB are hard to beat. Regardless of the name on their helmets. 

51 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Not to dampen your spirts.. fuck OU

1928 - Win in Ames

2 wins for OU

1931 - Win in Norman

4 wins for OU

1936 - TIE in Ames

23 wins for OU

1960-61 - 2 GAME WIN STREAK  (Ames / Norman)

19 wins for OU

1981 - TIE in Norman

8 wins for OU

1990 - Win in Norman

18 wins for OU

2018 - Win in Norman

I'm well aware that this is the most lopsided series in college football (where the schools have played more than 50 times).

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm well aware that this is the most lopsided series in college football (where the schools have played more than 50 times).

But Iowa State is still a well respected opponent, even if the wins in the series for the Cyclones are a bit gapped between each other... #JustCleanFootball...

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

We are not a good team, but OU made us look like a Pop Warner team.  They are really good.  And the munchkin is legit.  Those receivers are legit.  The OL was stout.  I fully expect to see them in the playoff.

With Anderson I agree.  Without, we'll have to see.

I know ou seems to plug and play at rb, but there's a reason Anderson started.  He's a real talent and scared defenses in a way that has definitely helped Kyler (he was avg 11 yards/carry this season) .  Will be interesting to see how they look without him.

They're talented all over and they'll still win a shit load of games, I'm just not sure the ceiling is as high as it was with Anderson. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Depending on how this week goes with our team. As in we fail to show up again. We can hire Campbell the week after he beats the Smurfs.

11 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Heart: ou 17, ISU 21

Head: ou 52, ISU 21

Also, fuck ou, fuck Bob Stoops, fuck Lincoln Riley, fuck Baker Mayfield, fuck Adrian Peterson, and fuck miniature white horses.

Let's not forget Joe "sat out the off-season as punishment for fracturing a woman's face" Mixon on this list.  Triple fuck that guy. 

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

We are not a good team, but OU made us look like a Pop Warner team.  They are really good.  And the munchkin is legit.  Those receivers are legit.  The OL was stout.  I fully expect to see them in the playoff.

I don't think I like your tone. Take it back asshole. 

5 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

11AM Central.  ABC.  Jack Trice.  OU -17

I don't think our offense is truly as shitty as it looked last week.  Not getting to play our tune up game really sucked shit.  Plus, Iowa has a really good D-line.  Probably better than OU's.

But I don't think it's enough.

34-24 OU (we cover at least).  Would love to be wrong.

You're a good dude, but OU's going in dry.  It will not be close.  I hope I'm wrong and will cheer for you.  I'll be drunk at a bar in Stillwater at 11 am.

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

You're a good dude, but OU's going in dry.  It will not be close.  I hope I'm wrong and will cheer for you.  I'll be drunk at a bar in Stillwater at 11 am.

Agreed, OU is going to go in so balls deep they'll be pissing corn syrup for a week.