Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

4 minutes ago, pevodog said:

There are 3 accountants for every 5 openings. It has been that way for a while.Every person that graduates with a degree in accounting and a decent gpa has a job.Average mid career wage is 150k. Free market works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And thanks to the Republicans incomprehensible tax bill that’s gonna get a lot worse, or if your an accountant, a whole lot better.

3 minutes ago, pevodog said:

Petrochemical industry is propped up by the federal government?

Are you serious with this? 

Edited by JimmyJames

11 minutes ago, Stros said:

So Texas should be more like California, Chicago, or New York?

What's wrong with those places? Let me guess, you are going to say Chicago is a war zone, because in that context, black lives matter, because it scores a political point for your side. Even with a high murder rate -- not its highest ever, either; that came under Nixon -- it is generally recognized as one of the world's great cities. As is New York. 

And California is the most powerful and populated state in America, and its per capita income is higher than ours. Yeah, it has its problems, but so do we. 

Take higher education. By one ranking, we have three public universities in the top 100 -- UT, aggy, and um, UH. California has four of the top 7 -- UCLA, Cal, Cal-Davis, and Cal-San Diego.  All of them come in ahead of UT at 13. California has another 5 in the top 100. So about ten percent of America's top public universities in California. That must really suck for them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pevodog said:

There are 3 accountants for every 5 openings. It has been that way for a while.Every person that graduates with a degree in accounting and a decent gpa has a job.Average mid career wage is 150k. Free market works

Maybe you should try to pry some out of California, Chicago and New York since those places all suck so bad. Are is that they there are too many lazy accountants with have green hair and nose rings, or three baby daddys?

1 hour ago, Texas73 said:

Anyone who believes the Republican Party is best in 2018 for blacks because Lincoln was a Republican is a moron.

It’s my bday and I’m “drunk.”

did Cruz imply this? Because it’s 100% not true and “Ted” has less than 3% support from Blacks

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

What's wrong with those places? Let me guess, you are going to say Chicago is a war zone, because in that context, black lives matter, because it scores a political point for your side. Even with a high murder rate -- not its highest ever, either; that came under Nixon -- it is generally recognized as one of the world's great cities. As is New York. 

And California is the most powerful and populated state in America, and its per capita income is higher than ours. Yeah, it has its problems, but so do we. 

Take higher education. By one ranking, we have three public universities in the top 100 -- UT, aggy, and um, UH. California has four of the top 7 -- UCLA, Cal, Cal-Davis, and Cal-San Diego.  All of them come in ahead of UT at 13. California has another 5 in the top 100. So about ten percent of America's top public universities in California. That must really suck for them. 

Republicans nowadays hate higher education and successful and rich American cities. The people that populate those areas aren’t stupid enough to vote republican. They prefer ignorance and poor people who vote against their own self interest because the browns have taken over their strawberry pickin’ jobs. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pevodog said:

Same old west coast-northeast liberal bullshit. I guess he is brave for trying to get elected spouting that crap in Texas. Texans have too much of a sense of self reliance and independence to go for that tired nanny state bullshit.

So you support the guy supports the guy who is an actual northeast elite? In this race we have a native Texan v a Canadian snowbird. I support the Texan that grew up in Texas and learned Texas values and make it a better place, not the guy that moved here, spews talking points and constantly trolls until it's in his favor to suck up when he's beaten.

• Like 2

Yea sorry I messed up, my bad. I’m changing my vote to beto. We need mor Nancy’s and Dianne’s in the senate.
  • Fuck You 5

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah...I’ve never gotten this. California. Chicago. New York. You mean some of the largest and most sophisticated economic engines in the world? OH NO, NOT THAT!

If we're not careful, Stros is going to bring up Kansas as an example of the state we should be emulating so we can both be true to our trickle down principles and remain committed to poverty and debt.

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Republicans nowadays hate higher education and successful and rich American cities. The people that populate those areas aren’t stupid enough to vote republican. They prefer ignorance and poor people who vote against their own self interest because the browns have taken over their strawberry pickin’ jobs. 

Yep. It really is that simple

13 minutes ago, pevodog said:

I wonder if dipshit staffing guru is offering $150K. 

I was in the car and heard only a part of the debate before NPR lost the feed for some reason and I had to run into the store. I caught and saw video of the last part of the debate and Beto really did hold his own. Great close. The part I heard kinda sounded like Ted scored some points. I think Beto gains momentum on this.

I don't think it will necessarily help. I heard the grim statistics that hardly any new voters have registered. The hispanic vote and the young hispanic vote are as apathetic as always.

Not really because we have to clean up all the GOP mistakes. 

Like?
Fast and furious
Benghazi
Obama care
FBI
IRS
social security
Global warming
Welfare

Why is the government always the answer to fixing what’s not broke?

I most make to much money” not really” because my pay check looks like shit after the tax man comes.

Maybe I’m just selfish to want to keep most of my VERY hard earned money,?,?!,?!,?!,,

I should get a government job in DC.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

my sister has been mostly nonpolitical her whole life. until Obama's second term, and of course she's appalled by Trump. she's been trying to pay more attention, mostly as she's gotten older and has disagreed on individual issues with our republican parents. 

anyway...she came across the debate tonight and ended up watching, she didn't really even know who Beto was, but she knew Cruz bc mom is a big fan...

"OMG Lying Ted is such a played out, chasing the political dragon, smeegle, conniving, backwards talking, dinosaur fucktard, mean girl, game playing bitch that got served tonight. 
I'm gonna be honest I have 20 minutes left and my heart is racing. 
I had no idea TX was the 50th lowest voting state. I didn't vote last time. I'm a part of that number. "

so, that's kinda good 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

I had no idea TX was the 50th lowest voting state. I didn't vote last time. I'm a part of that number. "

Hopefully a lot of people got that message and woke up. We've let special interest groups take control because they turn out on election day. Your average Texan who may not actually agree with that needs to make their voice heard, win or lose.

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah...I’ve never gotten this. California. Chicago. New York. You mean some of the largest and most sophisticated economic engines in the world? OH NO, NOT THAT!

Yeah but Fox News has told of us that those places have some black people that commit crimes. Republicans hate black people that commit crimes, or maybe its they hate cities that allow black people to commit crimes. Not sure which version is right. Can be confusing.

What we can be sure of though is that republicans are constantly proposing bills in congress that help black peoples so that they commits less crimes. That’s actually their main goal in politics, am right? That’s the whole basis of the modern Republican Party. Help black people so they commit less crimes in Obama controlled Chicago. 

Actually now that I think about it, Republicans don’t give a shit about any of that and just use it as a wedge issue to fire up and scare marginalized whites who are themselves marginalized by the laws and policies the republicans pass to further enrich their rich ass selves. Much like Johnny sack of shit and the rest of the thieves currently running our government, including president shitstain and his Russian backed criminal enterprise. 

Such a great party nowadays those Republicans. 

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Yeah but Fox News has told of us that those places have some black people that commit crimes. Republicans hate black people that commit crimes, or maybe its they hate cities that allow black people to commit crimes. Not sure which version is right. Can be confusing.

What we can be sure of though is that republicans are constantly proposing bills in congress that help black peoples so that they commits less crimes. That’s actually their main goal in politics, am right? That’s the whole basis of the modern Republican Party. Help black people so they commit less crimes in Obama controlled Chicago. 

Actually now that I think about it, Republicans don’t give a shit about any of that and just use it as a wedge issue to fire up and scare marginalized whites who are themselves marginalized by the laws and policies the republicans pass to further enrich their rich ass selves. Much like Johnny sack of shit and the rest of the thieves currently running our government, including president shitstain and his Russian backed criminal enterprise. 

Such a great party nowadays those Republicans. 

The Dems have been wonderful for blacks and deserve 95 percent of their votes.  A lot of “help” that has been so effective.  

• Like 1

my sister has been mostly nonpolitical her whole life. until Obama's second term, and of course she's appalled by Trump. she's been trying to pay more attention, mostly as she's gotten older and has disagreed on individual issues with our republican parents. 
anyway...she came across the debate tonight and ended up watching, she didn't really even know who Beto was, but she knew Cruz bc mom is a big fan...
"OMG Lying Ted is such a played out, chasing the political dragon, smeegle, conniving, backwards talking, dinosaur fucktard, mean girl, game playing bitch that got served tonight. 
I'm gonna be honest I have 20 minutes left and my heart is racing. 
so, that's kinda good

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

The Dems have been wonderful for blacks and deserve 95 percent of their votes.  A lot of “help” that has been so effective.  

This country doesn’t have universal medical care, unlike such shitholes like Cuba and most all of the normal countries like most of the rest of the world, because we don’t want to give it to the blacks, browns and others. That’s a fact. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Lost in this sad piece of soft bigotry is the fact that Democrats have been much better than Republicans, which explains the votes for most African American.

• Like 1

Just now, Stros said:

Very true, they should do a bang up job for the illegal immigrants.

Blacks and illegal immigrants? What next, the Jews did it? You’re hitting all the good racist points here. Keep it up. It’s early on a Friday night. No telling where this may lead after you’ve had a few more drinks. 

This country doesn’t have universal medical care, unlike such shitholes like Cuba and most all of the normal countries like most of the rest of the world, because we don’t want to give it to the blacks, browns and others. That’s a fact. 

Wrong
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would love to know Ted’s internal polling. Watching some of it again, he was way too predictable, and debated like he was losing. 

Ted has the numbers advantage, so his strategy is to play it safe. Considering who is registered and who generally shows up to vote, he gets to be his usual, shitty self. The base is all that counts and everyone else can fuck right off. 

Beto knows he only wins by appealing to as many different types of people as possible. Mission accomplished, although his task is still daunting.

Overall, I give Beto the nod, since he gains name recognition just by being on the tube or the radio, and name recognition is what he's still lacking.

• Like 2

The dems have been so shitty to the blacks that the blacks give them 95 percent of their vote anyway. 
So Johnny Sack I guess your argument is that the black are too dumb to vote? Or maybe I missed your really good point there. 

Free money honey
  • Fuck You 8